Bill Self | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bill Self

Reaction Score
Kansas is a #1 seed like every year, Arizona isn't. I think Miller is a much better coach than Self, but he does need to get over the hump soon.

Miller has also only been at Arizona for about half the time that Self has been at Kansas, and had to spend the first couple years fixing the mess that senile Lute left behind. This is really the first year that Arizona has lost a tourney game that they definitely should have won.

Reaction Score
He really is an awful coach in crunch time. Constantly looks like a deer in the headlights. For all the stumbles that Dook and Cuse have had as high seeds, nobody has done less w more in the tourney than Kansas under Self. They can have their 13 conf championships in a row.the only time he's won the big one was against Calimari. On a prayer of a 3 pointer. I'd be pissed if I was a Kansas fan.

I don't know, self barely seems to make it to crunch time as a one seed. It seems like they crunch time is mostly garbage time by that point.

Reaction Score
I may have really enjoyed KU losing and also enjoy how they seem to always underachieve in the tournament, but Bill Self is a great coach and a class act. Not many would have and could have handled that post game interview as well as he did. Great coach, incredible program....just with less rings than ours.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The biggest factor to Kansas being overrated is the Big 12 being an ESPN property as well as the fact that they only have 10 teams.

ESPN hypes the conference up and markets their conference matchups as prime time matchups. This gives them good early season rankings. Then add in the fact that Kansas is essentially a top 5 team every year and all year long and the fact that the double round robin means everyone plays everyone twice and you have a conference owned by KU, who goes on tour every conference season boosting all the other programs' RPIs in the process.

Reaction Score
13 straight Big 12 championships, seven 1 seeds and one final 4, with a whole bunch of horrible losses. I'll take what we've got. Kansas fans are flipping out.
I've been saying it on this board for years now, stop Kansas' offensive action, you stop Kansas and win, pretty simple stuff, don't play well out of their element, aka Peyton Manning syndrome.

Reaction Score
Kansas gets the "Duke" treatment every year with tournament sites yet still manages to somehow lose to teams seeded lower than them. This year they basically had home games to the final four yet still somehow lost.

Self should be on the hot seat but KU fans love him.....

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It would be nice to preserve this thread and it's comments until the third week of March 2018.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Miller has also only been at Arizona for about half the time that Self has been at Kansas, and had to spend the first couple years fixing the mess that senile Lute left behind. This is really the first year that Arizona has lost a tourney game that they definitely should have won.

Thank you. Reactionaries talking about, well, anything makes me cringe, but Sean Miller? Really? Off the top of my head, he's doing pretty damn well.

A few losses they as fans thought they had, but please. Lumping him in with this convo isn't fair, imo.

Reaction Score
Miller is awful, worse than Self and seems like a dhead.

It was pretty obvious the B12 was a total joke this year so maybe KU getting to an E8 was pretty good.

Kansas is a #1 seed like every year, Arizona isn't. I think Miller is a much better coach than Self, but he does need to get over the hump soon.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As a fan of both UConn and Kansas, it is frustrating that they lost again. But to put last night on Self, when KU pulled a UConn, is simply wrong. He can't shoot for them. Oregon was spectacular on defense and offense in the first half, making several miracle shots. KU looked like UConn, missing open threes all night long. Self got them to adjust and clamp down at half on D, but they still couldn't shoot.

Reaction Score
As a fan of both UConn and Kansas, it is frustrating that they lost again. But to put last night on Self, when KU pulled a UConn, is simply wrong. He can't shoot for them. Oregon was spectacular on defense and offense in the first half, making several miracle shots. KU looked like UConn, missing open threes all night long. Self got them to adjust and clamp down at half on D, but they still couldn't shoot.
Kansas has to win that game because unlike some previous years they actually had more weapons and talent on the floor with Boucher out, obviously with Boucher Oregon is by far the best team in the nation and would've been everyone's pick to win it all, but by taking away the PAC12 leading shot blocker and Oregon's second leading scorer, your talking about a 6 man team with only 3 players being any good.

Yes those 3 players were great last night and Ennis can be hot or cold, but besides Mason on Kansas everyone else played absolutely horrible, horrible.

Lucas
Jackson
Graham
Mycha...
Vick

Michigan should be in the final four, thought Beilien made a mistake by sitting Wagner the last 12 mins of the game because it let Bell grab every offensive rebound in the second half. Michigan was the most talented team in that region, I was shocked when they lost, I did pick them to go to the final four.

Reaction Score
I've been saying it on this board for years now, stop Kansas' offensive action, you stop Kansas and win, pretty simple stuff, don't play well out of their element, aka Peyton Manning syndrome.

Wouldn't it kind of be the gameplan when facing every team? Stop it's offensive action? Kind of broad.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas has to win that game because unlike some previous years they actually had more weapons and talent on the floor with Boucher out, obviously with Boucher Oregon is by far the best team in the nation and would've been everyone's pick to win it all, but by taking away the PAC12 leading shot blocker and Oregon's second leading scorer, your talking about a 6 man team with only 3 players being any good.

Yes those 3 players were great last night and Ennis can be hot or cold, but besides Mason on Kansas everyone else played absolutely horrible, horrible.

Lucas
Jackson
Graham
Mycha...
Vick

Michigan should be in the final four, thought Beilien made a mistake by sitting Wagner the last 12 mins of the game because it let Bell grab every offensive rebound in the second half. Michigan was the most talented team in that region, I was shocked when they lost, I did pick them to go to the final four.

Are you nuts? Michigan was lucky to get as far as they did. Totally mediocre. Oregon isn't the most talented team, even with Boucher. Kansas was the most talented team in the region, but they are prone to cold spells and had one on a night when Oregon was fantastic. Make a couple more 3s, they survive and probably win a NC.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
13 straight Big 12 championships, seven 1 seeds and one final 4, with a whole bunch of horrible losses. I'll take what we've got. Kansas fans are flipping out.

Didn't some guy talk about "winning so much you'd get tired of winning." Maybe that's what happens w/Self.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom