Bilas Nat Champ pick | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bilas Nat Champ pick

Reaction Score
Placed is the west and the Final 4 is in Texas. Sounds like a recipe for success. Granted, the BE battles now are not comparable to 1999 or 2004, but I doubt UConn will see a more physical team in the tourney than some of the BE teams.

Reaction Score
I'm watching the 2004 National Championship on YouTube right now to get pumped.

People forget how talented that team was. Four great big men in Okafor, Boone, Villanueva and Armstrong (imagine any team having four great big. Two is a luxury), plus guards of Gordon, Taliek Brown and Rashad Anderson and Denham Brown coming off the bench. Crazy to look back now. Also seeing Okafor went out very early in the first half with two fouls and zero points.
The best game to watch in the 2004 tourney is the semi-final against Duke. If not the full game, just the last 3 minutes. Uconn/Calhoun's determination to win and the Duke meltdown are just classic. The shots of Coach K and Duke players are great for all Duke haters. Packer's criticism of Duke shot selection funny as it it never Coach K's fault.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn over Duke!

1678808723663.gif

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It's so funny watching the difference between the CBS "experts" picking chalk and the ESPN guys that seemed to actually put real thought into their picks.

I'll be honest though. I'm not sure about all the love Alabama is getting. They are not a dominant team. There are many teams capable of winning it all this year, at least 12-15. Also, if Bama wins both the football and basketball national championships in the same year, an NCAA investigation is in order....

Oats is a great coach and they have a top 5 draft pick. They could lose, but they've been the best team most of the year.

Reaction Score
The best game to watch in the 2004 tourney is the semi-final against Duke. If not the full game, just the last 3 minutes. Uconn/Calhoun's determination to win and the Duke meltdown are just classic. The shots of Coach K and Duke players are great for all Duke haters. Packer's criticism of Duke shot selection funny as it it never Coach K's fault.

Don't watch Okafor going out with 2 fouls four minutes into the game and zero points.... If you watched 80% of the game except UConn's initial fast start and didn't know UConn won, you'd never believe they won. Until Duke's desperation heave at the buzzer banked in, UConn outscored the great Coach K's team 11-0 over the last 3 minutes. If Duke did anything at all at the end, they'd have won. Rashad hit a few huge shots and Emeka rose up. Amazing game.

Reaction Score
Bilas has always been more than fair to us. Seems like a lot of love from the ESPN crew.
Its because theyve seen what we`ve all seen which is when this team is clicking its the best team in the country and its problably not even close. Unfortunately that team isnt guaranteed to show up on any given night and even when it does its for about 30 minutes while the other 10 are filled with putrid play.

Reaction Score
Its because theyve seen what we`ve all seen which is when this team is clicking its the best team in the country and its problably not even close. Unfortunately that team isnt guaranteed to show up on any given night and even when it does its for about 30 minutes while the other 10 are filled with putrid play.

Hence the massively disappointing regular season, right? I swear to god by Friday an alien visiting would think this is a Prairie View A&M message board with the negativity and panic around here.

Reaction Score
Hence the massively disappointing regular season, right? I swear to god by Friday an alien visiting would think this is a Prairie View A&M message board with the negativity and panic around here.
Wheres the negativity and panic in my post? I pointed out my opinion on why the talking heads at BSPN were so high on us and stated facts. They may be facts you dont like but it is what it is. Get over it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Its because theyve seen what we`ve all seen which is when this team is clicking its the best team in the country and its problably not even close.
Hate to say it, but I'm assuming you didn't see the Pitt v Duke game two weeks ago. Pitt actually played their game and weren't incompetent at it. But Duke annihilated them by 28 anyway. That was the best I'd seen anyone play this year, and it probably wasn't close.

Reaction Score
Hate to say it, but I'm assuming you didn't see the Pitt v Duke game two weeks ago. Pitt actually played their game and weren't incompetent at it. But Duke annihilated them by 28 anyway. That was the best I'd seen anyone play this year, and it probably wasn't close.
No but you know what i did see? Uconn beat Alabama by 15 points and more recently Marquette by 15. Duke trouncing Pitt doesnt come close to either of those two wins.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
No but you know what i did see? Uconn beat Alabama by 15 points and more recently Marquette by 15. Duke trouncing Pitt doesnt come close to either of those two wins.
I watched both those games as well, but I'll stick with my post above.

Reaction Score

Thanks, just watched it. Love Rashad talking to himself at the line and steering the first one in.

Billy's still hoping that they foul Ben out.

Reaction Score
Don't watch Okafor going out with 2 fouls four minutes into the game and zero points.... If you watched 80% of the game except UConn's initial fast start and didn't know UConn won, you'd never believe they won. Until Duke's desperation heave at the buzzer banked in, UConn outscored the great Coach K's team 11-0 over the last 3 minutes. If Duke did anything at all at the end, they'd have won. Rashad hit a few huge shots and Emeka rose up. Amazing game.
i was in the 3rd row under the UConn basket. the memory of Emeka's determination ripping the rebound away from Duke at 25 seconds and scoring is forever seared in my memory. The final over GT - 82-73.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Mike DeCourcy ranked the 68 teams in the NCAA Tournament and their ability to win the championship. UConn is #2, behind Alabama. I do find it amusing how the media is much more confident in the Huskies than the average UConn fan is.

Their flaws and failures this season have been greatly exaggerated on this board. That all changes if we lose to Iona. That’d be disastrous. But we have no reason to believe that’s going to happen outside of our PTSD

Reaction Score
So is Bilas going to flip his pick back to us again? How many chances do you get? You call it before the tourney starts and stick with it. No do-overs.

Reaction Score
So is Bilas going to flip his pick back to us again? How many chances do you get? You call it before the tourney starts and stick with it. No do-overs.
I think he picked UConn before the tourney.

Reaction Score
I think he picked UConn before the tourney.
He originally picked UConn to beat Duke in the title game. But then he backtracked and said he didn't have enough time to prepare his bracket and said Arizona would beat UConn in the Final Four. Maybe he's back on thr bandwagon.

Reaction Score

I forgot how much I enjoyed this game at the time. Thank you!

Reaction Score
I forgot how much I enjoyed this game at the time. Thank you!
Best was UConn led most of the game and finished scoring the last 11 points in the last 3 minutes before before Duke hit an almost half court heave at the buzzer to make the final margin one point. It felt like a title game. One of the best UConn games ever to watch.

Reaction Score
Best was UConn led most of the game and finished scoring the last 11 points in the last 3 minutes before before Duke hit an almost half court heave at the buzzer to make the final margin one point. It felt like a title game. One of the best UConn games ever to watch.
I meant "UConn trailed most of the game"....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom