Biggest recruiting losses | The Boneyard

Biggest recruiting losses

Reaction Score
Looking back, what are some of the biggest “what ifs” you can think of when it comes to recruits choosing another school over the good guys?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I doubt it changes much, but imagine if Bynum was on that 2006 team?
Needed an extra ball handler but having another lottery pick in that front court would’ve been cool too. Start to wonder what’s the record for most 1st rounders in a year.

Reaction Score
Kasongo

But in seriousness, Diallo hurts the most of any recent recruit. I've only been following recruiting since 2010, but he's the biggest for me since then off the top of my head. Missing on all those PGs in 2010 (Knight, Joseph, Selby) was a bit of a rough introduction, but we made out ok with who we got

E: maybe Abdul-Malik Abu? Local kid I think a lot of us really wanted who would've filled a hole on the 14-15 roster (hello, Lubin)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It may be a small consolation in a way, but did any of those lost recruits win any championships where they went?

The real losses may have been for the players themselves because they lost out on the chance to win a National Championship here.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Did we have a legit shot at Durant? I was like 11 when he was getting recruited so I have no knowledge on the subject at all.
Enough to make it a "What if?," but I never considered it a "big loss," other than, "It's Kevin Durant!"

While on the subject, I really liked the writing in this article, with very expressive descriptions of Irving, Harden, and Durant.

Finally, biggest loss?
Gotta be Ryan Gomes, even more than Austin Croshere or Bill Curley right?

EDIT: And, of course, others weighing in before me, while I located the NYTimes article.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Yeah, it was between UConn, UNC and Texas at the end of his recruitment. He took an official to all three.
Wow, that's wild. I had no idea.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom