Big XII Expansion 2024+ | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Big XII Expansion 2024+

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If the B10 adds Kansas and UConn that would be a first step in improving basketball
IDK - its not a serious BB conference. Just look at the past 20 years. Lets consider it...but with the understanding that Kansas and UConn would be carrying the load for that group of mouth breathing cable box kings should we accept.

Reaction Score
Made-up stuff… I’d be shocked if Fresno gets in… but this scenario is the kind of stupidity that could work in UConn’s favor (guaranteeing it never happens)

MADE UP SCENARIO BELOW

San Diego State is headed to Pac-12

Fresno is joining with Gonzaga to give that western time zone and get them into California.

Of course that sets up the chance to add UConn and Nova for that “undervalued” “coast-to-coast” hoops and balances the football conference. All four teams are getting lesser shares. Yormark claims success on both of his goals.

4 corners will have places if and when they ever join. They’ll also be eligible for full pro-rata as current P5 members.

Reaction Score
Big XII should go straight to Big XXIV with 2 divisions. It's not getting the big payout that the P2 get anyway and it will be by far the biggest and coast-to-coast. If anyone gets poached it's not a big deal because it has everyone else worthwhile outside the ACC. It would hold all the cards here.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
IDK - its not a serious BB conference. Just look at the past 20 years. Lets consider it...but with the understanding that Kansas and UConn would be carrying the load for that group of mouth breathing cable box kings should we accept.
Not sure I’m a mouth breather but the east coast snobbery towards the Midwest is alive and well. Of course I have seen it in person. Back handed compliments from in-law family (sisters in-laws) from the cape are the norm. They don’t even know their comments are backhanded. Funny their 2 boys both married women from and moved to the Great Lakes area. Both are Big East grads.

In a former work life, the company my wife worked for was based in the Mid Atlantic. Their main business was in Detroit but they looked down their nose at us every chance they could. It was intentional. When they lost their contract with at Big 3 car company, they closed. Luckily my wife had already accepted her severance.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Not sure I’m a mouth breather but the east coast snobbery towards the Midwest is alive and well. Of course I have seen it in person. Back handed compliments from in-law family (sisters in-laws) from the cape are the norm. They don’t even know their comments are backhanded. Funny their 2 boys both married women from and moved to the Great Lakes area. Both are Big East grads.
Oh, shall we start trading anecdotes like the fact that several of my neighbors are B1G educated from the square states and have built their entire very successful careers here in SW CT/Metro NYC never looking back? Conclusion, this is the US, people move around....although some movement is more meaningful than others such as the general stead flow of folks from north to south and from rural areas to the suburbs of pro sports cities...etc.

Let me also tell you, and this one of my favorite ironies, no other region of the country has more people that tell people from other parts of the country that they are the nicest and most modest folk in the land. When said a certain way this is rather condensing, a sort of an arrogance of the Midwest.

Look dude, you seem like a nice guy, its just when big bad Michigan folk come here to help us understand our place we are going to push back a bit.

Reaction Score

In a former work life, the company my wife worked for was based in the Mid Atlantic. Their main business was in Detroit but they looked down their nose at us every chance they could. It was intentional. When they lost their contract with at Big 3 car company, they closed. Luckily my wife had already accepted her severance.
I'm sorry. I thought this was a thread about Big XII expansion. Obviously, this is about your insecurities and grievances. I'll try to find the correct thread.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Geez guys be nice. I think everyone in here comes in peace.
I didn't really mean the things I said....just felt compelled to stir the pot a bit. Mouth breather was over the top.

Now lets find some new B12 expansion buzz / nonsense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What did 9 big 10
Schools make the tournament… I don’t think many got pass the first round

Reaction Score
What did 9 big 10
Schools make the tournament… I don’t think many got pass the first round
Basketball is just not the B1G's sport. I think the last team to win a national championship in basketball was Michigan State in 2000. Since then UConn all by itself has won 3 men's and 9 women's titles.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I didn't really mean the things I said....just felt compelled to stir the pot a bit. Mouth breather was over the top.

Now lets find some new B12 expansion buzz / nonsense.
Yeah, I over reacted as well. Thanks.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 is not adding Fresno State. They are the backup of the backup of 15 other backup plans. Have they likely talked? Very likely. I'm sure the commish answers the phone to hear what everyone has to say right now.

Reaction Score
Interesting take by Huggy Bear on the basketball side of things

"You want the honest answer? I feel sorry for them," Huggins said when asked about the four new members during an interview on The Field of 68. "They have absolutely no idea what they're getting into. I've been in a lot of leagues and I've been in a lot of leagues with the best coaches in America. And with the best players in America. And I'm telling you right now, [it's] the hardest league that I've ever coached in...ever. And the best fan bases. You go in and they may be 3-17 and they've got 14,000 people sitting in there. It's unbelievable the fan support, how good the players are, how good the coaching is, it is such a hard, hard league. And you got to go through it twice. And I'm going to tell ya, they're not ready for that."

Reaction Score
Interesting take by Huggy Bear on the basketball side of things

"You want the honest answer? I feel sorry for them," Huggins said when asked about the four new members during an interview on The Field of 68. "They have absolutely no idea what they're getting into. I've been in a lot of leagues and I've been in a lot of leagues with the best coaches in America. And with the best players in America. And I'm telling you right now, [it's] the hardest league that I've ever coached in...ever. And the best fan bases. You go in and they may be 3-17 and they've got 14,000 people sitting in there. It's unbelievable the fan support, how good the players are, how good the coaching is, it is such a hard, hard league. And you got to go through it twice. And I'm going to tell ya, they're not ready for that."

Grain of salt - the OBE was the best conference ever. The Big12 is now a bit better than the NBE (the top 4 or 5 are even, the Big12 has a bit more complete depth). Every P6 coach always says/complains their conference is the best.

Reaction Score
Regarding his fan attendance remark, the B1G has the most fans in the stands and has for years.

Reaction Score
Nothing new here but they seem very optimistic

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom