Big Ten payout in '17/'18....$44.5M | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Big Ten payout in '17/'18....$44.5M

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Metaphail. (aside, you haven't watched sports in 3 years?) The French Army was supposed to win. They had greater numbers, a lot of supplies, equipment and HFA, but they never could get it done against the big boys. That's Ohio State/Michigan.

Notre Dame ironically is the British Navy. Globetrotting far from home and winning despite being undermanned. We also have a crass ally in the US(c)

You aren't the British Navy.

You are a d0uchebag obsessively posting on a UCONN message board.

You aren't "winning despite being undermanned"

You are making a pathetic (and ignored) cry for help. We won't help you get the help you need. You have to "win" that yourself.

Good luck and god bless. D0uchebag.

Reaction Score
I'm not the least bit convinced of this. It will take 7 years for the new Big Ten teams to buy into equal share. And from what I see, the gap is exaggerated especially if the ACC launches a network. What I do know is that both the football coaches at Virginia and at Virginia Tech are literally giddy over the gift that Maryland has given them on the recruiting trail with high school talent in Virginia and the DC areas of Maryland. I've heard both Mike London and Frank Beamer discuss it publicly. The opportunity to play against Penn State, Michigan, and Ohio State is attractive along with Nebraska. It's easily countered with Notre Dame, Florida State, Miami, and Clemson. And then there are the rest of these games on the other side of the moon for those kids and families to think about.

I'm not worried about Maryland having any advantage at all. In fact, I expect them to dwindle in that Big Ten East division.

It's not exaggerated. Heck, Pete Thamel, Forbes, Sports Business Daily and many other folks have looked at the claims and concluded that those numbers aren't pie in the sky. This year alone, the Big Ten is already going to make about $25-30 million in total conference payouts. Unlike the other major conferences who have recently signed new media deals, the Big Ten is still working on its older, and lesser deal. Once they cash in on those tier-1 rights that everyone else just got big bump from, and begin seeing more profits from the BTN (which took the last 6-7 years to kick in due to FOX recouping its investment), those numbers aren't exaggerated whatsoever.

Reaction Score
That's the point - but you wouldn't understand that. The Navy reference? Just play FSU every year, not the American Naval Academy. Soon enough ND will have to run the gauntlet every year to amount to anything. We'll see, but I think I know. Being constrained by the limits of a burdensome parochial experience and pedestrian intellect must wear you down NDJ.

My, we've come a long way from "ND is a natural fit for the BUG10" haven't we?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

When you are in the tub, do you have british war ships to play with?

Reaction Score

Don't worry, with some good coaching and recruiting, ND might be able to return to that level.

Reaction Score
If you're referencing me, I'm not sure what you're getting at? I've been respectful to our hosts as well as to any other fan who is not here simply to troll.
I never said otherwise ldandy but because of our misunderstanding u came into my mind!?! All the B1G guy's in general seem OK unlike some ACC(stimpy fosho) guys!!

Reaction Score
Yes we'll look to Iowa Sta..... BWAHAHAHH!
This is the one I'm talking about Ldandy...talk about an arrogant ACC apologist homer!! Right like anyone who knows anything about CR knows no way will the B1G consider them...get real bstimpy! He's not that naive...just facetious!!

Reaction Score
I will just say one thing about ND. No other college football in modern times has done so little with such a significant strategic advantage. I think Kelly is a hell of a coach, but it took almost two full duck*ing decades to land a coach worth a dam in the place.

Shoving the ball up their in South Bend was easily one of my favorite moments in college football.

Yeah, I know....not really relevant.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom