Big Ten, parents, players, revolt. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Big Ten, parents, players, revolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

>>The group wants to know why Warren and the conference released a modified fall schedule, then reversed course less than a week later and canceled the season.

They’ve also demanded “all documents relating to all ‘votes’ regarding whether to cancel, postpone or delay fall sports,” and what “scientific data and other medical information” was used when making the decision.

The parents have threatened to file a lawsuit if their demands aren’t met by Monday.
<<

I'd love to see the lawsuit they file. Plus, I'd imagine they, the B1G, have some pretty solid science they can share or defend with.

How much you wanna bet that even if the B1G provides all of this, they'll still file a lawsuit anyway?

I find it interesting that the Pac 12 schools don't seem to have any major issues with the conferences decision to pull the plug....

Reaction Score
What I think they all (every last player) should do is transfer to other programs. This would effectively cripple the BIG TEN for the next couple years. That would get their attention.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What I think they all (every last player) should do is transfer to other programs. This would effectively cripple the BIG TEN for the next couple years. That would get their attention.

Should be a cinch to make work; 14 schools X 85 players = 1190 transfers. Should be easy for the rest to absorb and surely the B1G would find replacing kids impossible (sarcasm).

Reaction Score
Should be a cinch to make work; 14 schools X 85 players = 1190 transfers. Should be easy for the rest to absorb and surely the B1G would find replacing kids impossible (sarcasm).
The Big Ten would feel the effects for a couple years. Good opportunity for other programs to catch the public's eye. As for absorbing players, are you saying that Big 10 players are not good enough to play at UConn or UMass or the South Dakota Bisons, or Western Michigan, etc?

Reaction Score
The lack of social distancing at a rally of 30 people actually proves the schools' presidents' POV.

Reaction Score
The only schools represented at the "protest" are Ohio State and Iowa. Oh yeah, and one person representing the Illini.

Reaction Score

>>The group wants to know why Warren and the conference released a modified fall schedule, then reversed course less than a week later and canceled the season.

They’ve also demanded “all documents relating to all ‘votes’ regarding whether to cancel, postpone or delay fall sports,” and what “scientific data and other medical information” was used when making the decision.

The parents have threatened to file a lawsuit if their demands aren’t met by Monday.
<<

I'd love to see the lawsuit they file. Plus, I'd imagine they, the B1G, have some pretty solid science they can share or defend with.

How much you wanna bet that even if the B1G provides all of this, they'll still file a lawsuit anyway?

I find it interesting that the Pac 12 schools don't seem to have any major issues with the conferences decision to pull the plug....
They should sue. These are state schools with taxpayer funds operating in the dark. They need to be accountable. The impact of the decision is enormous for many including nonrevenue sports The U of Michigan doctor just came out and said the B1G misinterpreted the myocarditis data. Other experts used to advise the SEC and AAC have determined it is reasonably safe. The ultimate irony/hypocrisy is the B1G commissioner’s son is playing ball in the SEC and he somehow can’t seem himself to publicly admit he doesn’t support his son playing. Meanwhile his big focus is on getting B1G athletes registered to vote, while he has shown zero transparency on his own voting process. Massive hypocrite.

Reaction Score

This is bound to add some fuel to the let them play fire. So everyone who has tested positive but had no symptoms (of which there are many) it is in fact fair to question if you ever had Covid. It's quite possible you did not.

Reaction Score

This is bound to add some fuel to the let them play fire. So everyone who has tested positive but had no symptoms (of which there are many) it is in fact fair to question if you ever had Covid. It's quite possible you did not.
They are offset by the false negatives due to early/faulty testing process.;)

C

Chief00

So only 4 positive cases out of thousands of young college students, with none of them actually being sick? We cancelled football for this?

I agree, the new President panicked and did not distinguished himself with this decision. No student input.

C

Chief00

Not true...

You miss the point - how many of the decision makers were students? You can get a desired result using surveys by what questions are asked and how they are worded.
An example, what the University calls online classes are not truly online classes. Most have been PowerPoint decks for students to download and read. There is no interactivity one might experience in a Zoom meeting.
There’s been only one constituency you have catered too - and that’s the professors and other state unions.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I agree, the new President panicked and did not distinguished himself with this decision. No student input.

Think the UNC President is wishing he had listened to his students? The same young people you pretend to be so in tune with. Clown.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
There should be no football until a vaccine. People just need to suck it up. If I'm a high draft pick, there's no way I'd risk it - see Eduardo Rodriquez as your first exhibit.

are you nuts? So many viruses we don't have vaccines for and there is no waiting for one.

How many young people are asymptomatic?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

<<

Some parents cant get enough of just watching their kids get concussions. Can’t take their vicarious joy away because of some stupid virus the kids might have and spread to who knows who, cuz, hey, nobody ever caught a broken arm from junior.

Reaction Score
You miss the point - how many of the decision makers were students? You can get a desired result using surveys by what questions are asked and how they are worded.

There was no point missed... you stated above that there was “no student input” - that point has been proven to be incorrect.

You want to move the goal post to the Administration made the final decision and not the students - no argument there but student input and suggestions were heard and incorporated in the the reopening plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom