Big Red Appreciation Day | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big Red Appreciation Day

temery

What?
Reaction Score
He is a huge Husky fan. Not everyone wants to be in the internet message board environment though. It could become wearing dealing with all the different interpersonal dynamics. Hopefully Red reads this thread and enjoys the adulation. My memory is not my strongest asset. So I am probably mistaken about him posting here. I have been wrong before. So let this just be another time to lick my wounds of imperfection. ::(

Tom Emery is not a fan of the boneyard, of that much I’m certain.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought I saw a moniker emery or emory that posts on the BY. No?

Anyways congrats to those who promoted such an event at XL for BR. Well deserved!
Yep. A moderator on another board has the same last name.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
When does Dale get his own day? There was a while there that he went to every men's game, women's game, and football game, home and away. Dale Nosel Is THE Fan

04march.first.large.jpg

Reaction Score
Tom is a fellow Meriden-ite and this is well deserved. How much fun was it to see him get up after a nice run and the crowd raring to make more noise during the Dog years?

Good for him!!!!

Reaction Score
Yep. A moderator on another board has the same last name.
Thank you Nan. You are not only beautiful but also intelligent and HONEST. I really appreciate your help on this one. Red is a real diamond in the rough as a fan.

If you were unattached and not interested in me due to my shortcomings I would try to play matchmaker with you and the moniker Fishy. Anyways you are taken and I hope your sons band is doing well. :)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Interesting Mike had the facts on Scotty on The Shot.

Mike almost had the facts on Burrell. He was drafted by the Blue Jays not the Mariners. My favorite part of the clip (besides the shot going in) was the Husky Dog in the top left corner. He was right on it.

Reaction Score
Mike almost had the facts on Burrell. He was drafted by the Blue Jays not the Mariners. My favorite part of the clip (besides the shot going in) was the Husky Dog in the top left corner. He was right on it.

Scott Burrell - BR Bullpen

Mike knows more than you Waq. He was right you had it wrong. ;)

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
If I get one what size are you?

Would you pay $150?

Extra Medium. Im negotiable. Small custom woodworking in trade available.

Reaction Score
Mike's retirement day on the FAN today (didn't see the other thread on this). Looked and sounded a lot younger in 1990, while Jim Nantz doesn't seem to age.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Extra Medium. Im negotiable. Small custom woodworking in trade available.
I was kidding!!

Kinda.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
I was kidding!!

Kinda.

Me too ..... kinda.

Seriously ... a custom cutting board for a bid red tshirt. No end grain though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Back when FHM was still in print, it had a photo feature on College Basketball's "Craziest" fans. I still remember the caption for UConn's Big Red. "He spells out U-C-O-N-N during key moments of the game. Because if he spelt C-O-N-N-E-C-T-I-C-U-T he would have a coronary."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Honest to God, they're separate people.
Stop with this stuff. Tom's been outed. Let's all just acknowledge it. Next you will try to get people to believe that Enzo Patoni created his cathedral of basketball using vinyl wrapped pieces of wood instead of fine porcelain tiles.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If you were unattached and not interested in me due to my shortcomings I would try to play matchmaker with you and the moniker Fishy. Anyways you are taken and I hope your sons band is doing well. :)
Well, wouldnt that be interesting? It would probably kill Fishy, though, because he's always polite to me. He'd probably croak from the unexpressed opinions he holds back.

My son in band is now a junior in college, majoring in music.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Believe it or not, they are not the same person. There are actually TWO separate UConn mega-fans named Tom Emery. Legend has it Big Red had a boneyard account for a while but he got scared off by Chief calling him a casual fan.

Always somebody who has to ruin it.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Boneyard Appreciation Day will be held on campus behind a barn with rifles.

No tee-shirts will be offered, but a snappy blindfold will be provided free of charge for all participants.
I was at the 2008 one. Lame as hell.

Reaction Score
Well, wouldnt that be interesting? It would probably kill Fishy, though, because he's always polite to me. He'd probably croak from the unexpressed opinions he holds back.

My son in band is now a junior in college, majoring in music.
Wow time goes so fast. Seems like yesterday everyone was following that great trip he went on in HS. My one regret in life was never going the music route/or taking up an instrument seriously. I was told by a young lady 20 years ago (who looked like your avatar) that I could have been similar in form to Kenny G. Instead I was hitting cross bars during sudden death penalty kicks in a State Championship soccer game. :( Kinda like Charlie Brown huh? :)

Reaction Score
I'm normally in line at the door before open so hopefully it isn't an issue, but anyone in the know have an estimate on how many shirts they're planning to give away? They aren't being cheap as hell and only running like 100 shirts are they?

Ath Dept. sucks with freebie promo/merch.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'm normally in line at the door before open so hopefully it isn't an issue, but anyone in the know have an estimate on how many shirts they're planning to give away? They aren't being cheap as hell and only running like 100 shirts are they?

Ath Dept. sucks with freebie promo/merch.

In honor of Big Red, the XL Center is being renamed the XXXL Center, and the shirts will be sized with this theme in mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom