Big Problems Coming for Larry Brown and SMU | The Boneyard

Big Problems Coming for Larry Brown and SMU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm gonna guess this is minor but the NCAA will hammer Brown and SMU. For a legend Larry Brown has always gotten very little love from the powers that be, couple that with him coaching at SMU and it's bad news.

Reaction Score
Punishment will be swift and just, and severe, for the G5 school I'm sure.

duckk the NCAA.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The G5 whining is stupid.

This is Larry Brown. He's now a three-time loser and deserves to get smoked.

The guy doesn't know what a rule book is. He got Kansas barred from the 1989 tournament and left both KU and UCLA on probation.

(UCLA was going on probation no matter what, but about half of the violations they were pegged with happened in Brown's short tenure.)

Reaction Score
If Larry Brown is cheating, he isn't doing it very well. He's winning over there by taking spare parts and coaching them up. Of the two kids he did get (Mudiay and Frazier), one wasn't going to make it through the clearing house and the other got banned for grades.

Given what has gone on at UNC, the NCAA ought to leave this one alone.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

The guy doesn't know what a rule book is. He got Kansas barred from the 1989 tournament and left both KU and UCLA on probation.

(UCLA was going on probation no matter what, but about half of the violations they were pegged with happened in Brown's short tenure.)

Bullspit. No major program would get so much as a whiff from the NCAA for doing what Brown is doing at SMU.

Reaction Score
Excuse my ignorance, but how is UNC not being slapped with "lack of *******control" charges?

Reaction Score
Excuse my ignorance, but how is UNC not being slapped with "lack of *******control" charges?
They are, last I saw.

I think UNC deserves a death penalty, but I think the simple fact that they are not currently on probation means their punishment will be less significant.

Reaction Score
They are, last I saw.

I think UNC deserves a death penalty, but I think the simple fact that they are not currently on probation means their punishment will be less significant.

As unfair and ridiculous as it is, to think the NCAA would every give a team like UNC the death penalty is just idiotic. Being one of the most historic and successful programs ever, they would never pose the risk of losing a fan base and a program as prominent as UNC. In the mean time we will make an example of teams that reach the sweet sixteen once every 10 years.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Didn't realize the history. Eerily similar to the history of the coach at Kentucky.

Reaction Score
They are, last I saw.

Assisting a "student-athlete" with coursework is far less egregious than "student-athlete's" at UNC having no coursework at all. Both are wrong, but the NCAA should be more concerned about athletes at UNC never stepping in a classroom than they should be about someone doing Frazier's homework....time will tell if the NCAA agrees.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Larry deserves what he gets for his lack of control while Roy Williams gets a new multi year contract for his lack of control - go figure? :rolleyes:

If he had coached at UNC, they might have made him Pope!

Reaction Score
They are, last I saw.

The university has been going out of their way to use the term "Academic Fraud" instead of "impermissible benefits"

Reaction Score
His cheating started at KU, they should probably vacate that title.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
laughing-roy-williams.jpg

Reaction Score
Also got a solid chuckle out of the fact that the NCAA is going after the Golf team.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Emmert has decided that if he can put 100# of hurt on the AAC, 10# of it will filter down to UConn, and that gives him a woody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom