Big Papi | The Boneyard

Big Papi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
forver will be my favorite player. I've grown up watching him night in, and night out. I've always been able to count on him to give us a fighting chance every single night. He's a great person on the field, but a greater person off of the field. His charity has helped cure cancer for many kids. Not sure the exact amount. If I could be anyone I would wanna be David Ortiz. Or Tom Brady cuz like 4 Superbowls and a super model wife. Anyway, thank you Big Papi. We will never forget you. Heroes are remembered, but legends never die. You are a legend to me, and millions of us David. Thank you.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
A GREAT DH - HoF for sure

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He has me so spoiled for what a DH is. I grew up on Pedro and I assumed that every team has a guy who strikes out 250 people with an era under 2.00. Not ready for a DH platoon with a combine .270 25 HR 80 RBI

Reaction Score
forver will be my favorite player. I've grown up watching him night in, and night out. I've always been able to count on him to give us a fighting chance every single night. He's a great person on the field, but a greater person off of the field. His charity has helped cure cancer for many kids. Not sure the exact amount. If I could be anyone I would wanna be David Ortiz. Or Tom Brady cuz like 4 Superbowls and a super model wife. Anyway, thank you Big Papi. We will never forget you. Heroes are remembered, but legends never die. You are a legend to me, and millions of us David. Thank you.

I really hope you are 9 years old. Please tell me you are.

Reaction Score
He has me so spoiled for what a DH is. I grew up on Pedro and I assumed that every team has a guy who strikes out 250 people with an era under 2.00. Not ready for a DH platoon with a combine .270 25 HR 80 RBI

You mean you don't want their numbers to be what Papi's were prior to meeting Manny? Actually those are real good compared to the guy who played in the band box Hefty Bag park prior to finding his pal Manny.

Great career, exceptional just like Bonds, Sosa, McGwire, ARod, Bagwell etc etc etc......actually hitting wise more clutch than most all of them. But he's still "them" like it or not! Hey Piazza made it in although he found did wear a glove too. He may make it, I guess they all will eventually.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You mean you don't want their numbers to be what Papi's were prior to meeting Manny? Actually those are real good compared to the guy who played in the band box Hefty Bag park prior to finding his pal Manny.

Great career, exceptional just like Bonds, Sosa, McGwire, ARod, Bagwell etc etc etc.actually hitting wise more clutch than most all of them. But he's still "them" like it or not! Hey Piazza made it in although he found did wear a glove too. He may make it, I guess they all will eventually.

How did it feel watching the Yankees organization honor him, Mau? :D

Reaction Score
Funny how people read athletes differently, I find him to be the biggest phony in sports. That big bear of a guy jolly image turns pretty damn nasty as soon as there is any perceived hint of slighting him or questioning him.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm sort of ambivalent. On one hand, he's the rare Boston athlete who gets to leave without getting ripped to shreds on the way out. On the other hand, the one thing we've learned in sports that nothing is too good to be true anymore - a guy his age putting up those numbers?

I suspect the other shoe drops for him at some point.

Reaction Score
How did it feel watching the Yankees organization honor him, Mau? :D

They actually had a nice "little" 3 minute session for the man, they had to everyone else did. How did it feel to watch your team honor Mo (awfully) and DJ? I mean it is what it is, not sure where you were going with this.

Reaction Score
Funny how people read athletes differently, I find him to be the biggest phony in sports. That big bear of a guy jolly image turns pretty damn nasty as soon as there is any perceived hint of slighting him or questioning him.

0 for 5 Tuesday night at Yankee Stadium and as soon as asked a question after the game he said you think I want to talk after going 0 fer 5? Complete phony you are correct. Stay classy Papi...

But he will talk when he thinks the official scorer made an incorrect call on an "error" that he deemed a hit LOL.

Reaction Score

Great career, exceptional just like Bonds, Sosa, McGwire, ARod, Bagwell etc etc etc.actually hitting wise more clutch than most all of them. But he's still "them" like it or not! Hey Piazza made it in although he found did wear a glove too. He may make it, I guess they all will eventually.
Don't really like that Bagwell is always lumped in with all the steroid users. He probably did them as did probably half the league but without a shred of proof it seems unfair. I think he finally gets the Hall of Fame nod this year.

Reaction Score
0 for 5 Tuesday night at Yankee Stadium and as soon as asked a question after the game he said you think I want to talk after going 0 fer 5? Complete phony you are correct. Stay classy Papi...

But he will talk when he thinks the official scorer made an incorrect call on an "error" that he deemed a hit LOL.
He's pulled the wool over a whole city, he's not the guy he pretends to be. I told people in Chicago Sosa wasn't the guy they thought he was either, they eventually found out. I have a feeling a lot of Boston fans already know about Ortiz but the incredibly clutch hitting and 3 rings makes it easy to look the other way.

Reaction Score
He's pulled the wool over a whole city, he's not the guy he pretends to be. I told people in Chicago Sosa wasn't the guy they thought he was either, they eventually found out. I have a feeling a lot of Boston fans already know about Ortiz but the incredibly clutch hitting and 3 rings makes it easy to look the other way.

Exactly but who can blame them I have plenty of hardcore Sox fans friends who put it that way exactly - "hey he's doing something still but what do I care so are 50% of the ret of the players, he wins games for us..."

Spot on - not saying their wrong for that just saying their naive if they actually believe anything they see is real.;)

Move this to the baseball board. UConn hoops is way too exciting to discuss this guy.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
They actually had a nice "little" 3 minute session for the man, they had to everyone else did. How did it feel to watch your team honor Mo (awfully) and DJ? I mean it is what it is, not sure where you were going with this.

I'm not bothered by Mo and Jeter being honored, they're once-in-a-generation players who deserve respect from fans of all 30 teams. My point was, you view Ortiz as a cheater equivalent to McGwire and Bonds, that must really grind someone's gears to have give him personalized gifts and have the PA read a nice piece about him...

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

Most Boston people don't think this way, it's only jealous fans of other teams who make up crap about his character to distract them from the fact that he's walloped their teams a fair amount over the course of his career.

Reaction Score
I'm not bothered by Mo and Jeter being honored, they're once-in-a-generation players who deserve respect from fans of all 30 teams. My point was, you view Ortiz as a cheater equivalent to McGwire and Bonds, that must really grind someone's gears to have give him personalized gifts and have the PA read a nice piece about him...

Not at all didn't watch it but what were they supposed to do? Seriously I could care less. Heard from Sox fans they thought it was cheap, that's laughable.

Reaction Score
Most Boston people don't think this way, it's only jealous fans of other teams who make up crap about his character to distract them from the fact that he's walloped their teams a fair amount over the course of his career.

Keep on thinking what you want stair, that's why he's so big there and not everywhere else. Naive people. You want your kids to run out ground balls like this guy? Oh yeah, hs foot hurts - funny as hell then he hits one of the monster and he;s flying. He's a fraud Stair, sorry to let you know no one is jealous, they just know and you don't!

Reaction Score
This article is a pretty good account of the real David Ortiz. The fraudulent myth of Big Papi

Reaction Score
Don't really like that Bagwell is always lumped in with all the steroid users. He probably did them as did probably half the league but without a shred of proof it seems unfair. I think he finally gets the Hall of Fame nod this year.

Skinny, unbeliebly jacked, skinny. Hope he makes it too but have my doubts.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Or they read the newspapers.

He failed a drug test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member