OT: - Big Guard Alert: Justin Turner of Bowling Green | The Boneyard

OT: Big Guard Alert: Justin Turner of Bowling Green

Reaction Score
The Bowling Green standout is transferring and will be immediately eligible. Played the 3 guard at BGU.

6'4 205 Justin Turner averaged 18.8 points, 4.6 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 36.1% from 3P in 32.3 mpg.

Highlights from this year against top opponents:

* 26 points, 6 boards against LSU
* 27 points, 6 boards, 6 assists against WKU

Highlights from 18/19 against top opponents:

* 24 points, 4 boards, 4 assists against St. John's
* Averaged 18.3 ppg in three games vs Buffalo.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd have to imagine transfer guards will be tough to recruit, we've got a few good ones already. With AG transferring it makes it that much more obvious.

Reaction Score
Kromah averaged 11 ppg at GW. This guy is averaging 19. It’s certainly different.
Different offensively. But when we’re taking about a complete player. They’re definitely in the same ball park

Reaction Score
A guy that may not mind coming off the bench. Good fit
1584923768716.png

Reaction Score
Different offensively. But when we’re taking about a complete player. They’re definitely in the same ball park
Excuse me? Confused. Kromah was a role player at GWU

Reaction Score

This is completely off base. Turner is going to get starter's minutes at a real program. He's a legit scorer, something Kromah was absolutely not.

Reaction Score
I’ll take y’all word for it. But if this kid can be a kromah for us I’d be Saratov. It wasn’t a knock

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I’ll take y’all word for it. But if this kid can be a kromah for us I’d be Saratov. It wasn’t a knock
PS - I thought Kromah was terrific in 2014, and totally earned his ring. A great Karl Hobbs contribution.

And I think you've already claimed or suggested that 4 or so from the Transfer Portal would be 'great fits.'

You may end up being right on one of them, and we may all be happy for it. But at a certain point, the same enthusiastic take loses its punch when used with such frequency.

At least the guy who raved in advance about Kromah chose one horse and rode it hard. Plus, he even had the word "hype" in his name IIRC.

As to your being "Saratov," 'll take your word for it, though I have no idea what it means.

Reaction Score

After last season, Turner opted to test the NBA Draft waters but then returned to school for one more year. I asked him if it’s still possible for him to go to the NBA instead of transferring to a new school, he said: “With the NBA I’m really just waiting to see what they do [with the outbreak going on] so at this point I wanna focus on weighing all my options of what college I will go to.”

Turner, best describes his game as ‘a scorer who can create for others and keep people involved, play hard on both ends’ says that as far as finding a fit with these college programs, he will collect as much information when talking to the coaches and see where he’s most comfortable with his game.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
His analytics are only ok.

but he provides the scoring and more specifically outside shooting needed on this roster.

Gaffney moves to the bench if this guy is coming here

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
His analytics are only ok.

but he provides the scoring and more specifically outside shooting needed on this roster.

Gaffney moves to the bench if this guy is coming here

This would be awesome if Gaffney can carry the KO and Taliek Brown torch of being moved to the bench every year by fans while higher level recruits come in each year. And the, like clockwork, he's a 3-year starter.

Reaction Score
A very very good target if Nolley was to go elsewhere and if Cam Thomas were to stay at L$U.

In terms of big guards, Turner is as good as Nolley is right now... but Nolley can give us 3 years and Turner only. Nolley remains the main target.

Reaction Score
A very very good target if Nolley was to go elsewhere and if Cam Thomas were to stay at L$U.

In terms of big guards, Turner is as good as Nolley is right now... but Nolley can give us 3 years and Turner only. Nolley remains the main target.

What is this Can Thomas staying at LSU stuff have to do with us? Did I miss a rumor?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom