Big Games: Week 3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big Games: Week 3

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
We've got the cross town Washington vs. Seattle U. game going on. Huskies trailing the winless Redhawks at the half. I may need to borrow that paper bag @triaddukefan used to wear. :eek:

Well i went out and bought a purple bag for my HPU Panthers :oops: ..... I guess since UDub has the same colors you can borrow it

ppurp.png

:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well i went out and bought a purple bag for my HPU Panthers :oops: ..... I guess since UDub has the same colors you can borrow it

View attachment 81428
:
Luckily they woke up in the second half, but I'm rather unimpressed w/ the Dawgs so far this season.

Reaction Score
I tired giving TX the benefit of the doubt with no Harmon but this team is struggling still.
Maybe they needed all hands on deck. :rolleyes: They were without Taylor Jones anchoring the middle tonight so…..:D

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I tired giving TX the benefit of the doubt with no Harmon but this team is struggling still.
Adding grad transfers isn’t always for the best.

Reaction Score
I will say USF played Michigan really tough earlier this season and watching the game their two guards made some tough shots. I like their team. On the opposite end of the portal discussion, I love stories like Sammie Puisis. Averaged less than 6 points last year, and goes to a team that really fits her. She is a good shooter with size, and knows how to score. She really looks great and is fun to watch. Tsineke is a lot of fun too. Plays with great poise and makes tough shots. They have some good freshman guards. If they can get Priscilla Williams healthy and rolling, they would be pretty scary come tournament time.

As for Texas. Shaylee Gonzales had one of her better games this season, 12 points and 11 rebounds. They seem to have a couple of different issues. They may not have the right personnel to play Vic's aggressive style of defense. They also have an interesting challenge of maybe having too many pieces of similar talent level, so I'm not sure everyone has a role and ppl know their roles.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I will say USF played Michigan really tough earlier this season and watching the game their two guards made some tough shots. I like their team. On the opposite end of the portal discussion, I love stories like Sammie Puisis. Averaged less than 6 points last year, and goes to a team that really fits her. She is a good shooter with size, and knows how to score. She really looks great and is fun to watch. Tsineke is a lot of fun too. Plays with great poise and makes tough shots. They have some good freshman guards. If they can get Priscilla Williams healthy and rolling, they would be pretty scary come tournament time.

As for Texas. Shaylee Gonzales had one of her better games this season, 12 points and 11 rebounds. They seem to have a couple of different issues. They may not have the right personnel to play Vic's aggressive style of defense. They also have an interesting challenge of maybe having too many pieces of similar talent level, so I'm not sure everyone has a role and ppl know their roles.
Rori did not look very good at the end. Defense seem to have a good understanding of the tricky moves she makes.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Rori did not look very good at the end. Defense seem to have a good understanding of the tricky moves she makes.
USF/Jose Fernandez has played top teams many times. The Bulls won’t be fazed by names and hoopla.

Reaction Score
She played 35 minutes

USF/Jose Fernandez has played top teams many times. The Bulls won’t be fazed by names and hoopla.
The talk was "if Harmon played" during the UConn vs Texas, the results may have been different with Harmon. Why one cannot play the "if" game, take them as they come and whichever players you have ready to go.

I always liked Jose Fernandez. If the time ever comes for the Big East to pick up one or more teams, I would not hesitate to call on Jose first.

Reaction Score
6-0 UCF travels to 5-2 Auburn tomorrow. It will be a clash of opposite philosophies as UCF allows only 53.2 per game where Auburn averages 75 per game. If UCF wins it will match their best start of 7-0 that happened in 1984.

UCF has been plagued by injuries and has had only 8 or 9 scholarship athletes available for the games thus far. The schedule has been soft but if they are competitive over the next three games (@Auburn, Seton Hall, @Tennessee) it will give us a better idea of what to expect for the year.
Well I was worried what would happen when we played a team with a pulse and it wasn't pretty. Auburn jumped out big early and UCF just couldn't keep up. Losing 86-46.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Upset Alert?

UCLA 25
UCSB 33

at the half.
Game on ESPN+

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In the battle between the Triad Baptists and the Triad Methodists.... the Baptists (Wake Forest) defeat the Methodists (High Point) 68-51.

After receiving a vote in the Boneyard Preseason Poll, My Panthers fall to 1-7. Next Division 1 home game (Dec 21)... Virginia Tech comes to town :oops::oops: If you tune in to the game and see a fan with a large Purple Paper Bag over his head.... well you know who it is. :(

Reaction Score

Looks like both Rickea Jackson and Jillian Hollingshead will not be playing vs Virginia Tech today

Reaction Score
If Jazz Shelly can put 29 on Maryland what is Azzi going to do to them

Reaction Score
After getting trashed by the Minutewomen in the first game of the ASU Classics the Sun Devils have reverted to historical offensive norms and have lit up the scoreboard for three points halfway through the first quarter at home against Mizzou.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Seton Hall about to beat Marquette and St Johns with a 13 pt lead on Creighton in 3rd Q.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Strange things are afoot today as many teams are beginning conference play.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Game isn't final, but it is a runaway. Caitlin Clark with another triple double today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
St. John's takes down Creighton. Big East might be interesting this year.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Illinois gave Indiana everything they could handle. 2 point win for the Hoosiers.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
They changed the score on me. I guess Indiana won by 4. Still went down to the wire regardless.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Gonzaga apparently was shorthanded, only played 7. They hung in for a while against Stanford but eventually it got lopsided. Basically only 2 Zags were scoring (1 of the Truongs and Maxwell). Stanford went off behind the arc, 15-28. Demetre had maybe the best game of her career, 5 3's and 17 points. Brink didn't score a ton but had 16 rebounds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom