Big Game Against Nova | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big Game Against Nova

Reaction Score
While we definitely had too many buy games… I think nova is suffering from too hard of an OOC schedule. @UCLA/TENN/PURDUE/@Baylor. That’s tough.

Reaction Score
Baylor is good defensively, but their defense isnt impenetrable. Villanova again....hasn't been impressive

Reaction Score
Villanova's habit of passing up layups to take 3's looks pretty stupid right now.

I really don't get it. You are under the basket and instead pass for the 3.

Missing shots point blank. WTH

Reaction Score
Baylor's defense is suffocating but man Nova looks terrible. Missing layups and turning down layups. We just have to stay disciplined on Nova's pump fakes and take away the three as much as possible. They have nothing down low and are pretty unathletic.

Reaction Score
serious question- do duke fans root for UNC so it helps their SOS when they play? does michigan root for michigan state? or do they hope their rivals lose every game? growing up i certainly rooted for Cuse to lose every game so why do i now find myself always rooting for other BE teams unless we're playing them? it doesnt feel like we have a hated rival anymore and i think it is b/c of a collective BE inferiority complex.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I got blasted the other day for saying Nova has spit the bit and not represented the conference well in high-profile OOC games.

Well...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
serious question- do duke fans root for UNC so it helps their SOS when they play? does michigan root for michigan state? or do they hope their rivals lose every game? growing up i certainly rooted for Cuse to lose every game. so why do i find myself always rooting for other BE teams unless we're playing them? i think it's a collective BE inferiority complex

I root for Big East teams to win in the OOC because I learned the basics of math at UConn, and am not an idiot.

Reaction Score
It's funny. We've been watching Nova play this style for a long time. For the most part we've marveled at it. But suddenly they look like a Dick Bennet Wisconsin team. Or a Pete Carril Princeton squad.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It's funny. We've been watching Nova play this style for a long time. For the most part we've marveled at it. But suddenly they look like a Dick Bennet Wisconsin team. Or a Pete Carril Princeton squad.

Nova has played great defense or this game would be a bloodbath.

Reaction Score
serious question- do duke fans root for UNC so it helps their SOS when they play? does michigan root for michigan state? or do they hope their rivals lose every game? growing up i certainly rooted for Cuse to lose every game. so why do i now find myself always rooting for other BE teams unless we're playing them? it doesnt feel like we have a hated rival anymore and i think it is b/c of a collective BE inferiority complex.

I think its a new level of awareness that most leagues have nowadays. It started with the SEC fans rooting for their SEC teams to win every game OOC in FB. That has spread to CBB the same way.

Conference pride has taken precedence over individual intra-conference rivalries. Not necessarily a BE inferiority complex

Even fans have gotten into the business of manufacturing as many bids as possible for their conference. It is what it is

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Geez… how does one beat Baylor?
Just need to have one of those 70% 3pt shooting days.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
Lol…They don’t have a Shot blocker this year. Their style looks better with a true big.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Geez… how does one beat Baylor?
Just need to have one of those 70% 3pt shooting days.

Baylor is killing Villanova on the boards. That is one of the more controllable things for a team to fix. Forget the runouts off the shot, because Baylor is getting back anyway. Villanova has to win the rebounding battle in the second half.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Baylor is a great team, but Nova is about to be 0-3 in these top 10 matchups. The conference needs better than that from their "flagship" program.

So Villanova sucks because it can't beat two teams that were #1 and another that was #2 at some point this season?

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
Baylor is killing Villanova on the boards. That is one of the more controllable things for a team to fix. Forget the runouts off the shot, because Baylor is getting back anyway. Villanova has to win the rebounding battle in the second half.
Good points… It will also help if they make some of those easy layups. Missed a lot of bunnies trying to draw fouls.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn when healthy, we should be one of those teams.

No. UConn is one of those teams that would need a miracle to beat Baylor. UConn doesn't have a guy that demands a double team, and I think a team needs to have an NBA caliber player that demands a double team in order to create open shots for other players. Baylor is just too good defensively to beat straight up with the offense UConn has. Baylor would hold UConn to <35% shooting.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Nova has played great defense or this game would be a bloodbath.
Baylor has been held to 9 points below its previous lowest halftime scoring this season.

Nova is 11 points below its previous low.

Will Dixon's missed front end at 07.5 loom large?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Good points… It will also help if they make some of those easy layups. Missed a lot of bunnies trying to draw fouls.

Or Villanova could use the backboard. It is really hard to make a short shot when you are getting bumped. The backboard makes the shot angle much easier. At some point it stopped being cool to use the backboard on layups and short shots, but regardless of how cool it is, it still is a lot more accurate.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Villanova has missed 4 shots that it would have made if it used the backboard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom