Big East's Next Media Deal | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Big East's Next Media Deal

Reaction Score
Since the Big East is about to negotiate it's next media deal right about now, it is time to hire the media consultants and create these setups up see which ones will generate the most cash for TV.

For selfish reasons, I would love to have UConn to be in a conference with Cal and Stanford.

Reaction Score

This is certainly a thought…would it pay more then the big east…would the catholic schools go for it…I think the next big east contract is going to need streaming in it to make any kind of money.. fox and ESPN seem to have plenty of content now.. maybe cbs or nbc would want big east content

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This is basically what I've been calling for too. This is the lineup I'd start with, but Temple, SMU, SDSU, and Boise St. are other options.

• California
  • Connecticut
  • Massachusetts
  • Memphis
  • Oregon St.
  • Stanford
  • South Florida
  • Washington St.
  • St. John’s
  • Seton Hall
  • Providence
  • Villanova
  • Georgetown
  • Marquette
  • Xavier
  • DePaul
  • Butler
  • Creighton
  • Gonzaga
  • St. Mary’s
Adding the Pac 4 suddenly makes Gonzaga to the Big East much more viable.
The "They Just Won't Die Conference" - which is how the rest of the D1 world will see this motley crew.

Fun on paper - but I don't see where Fox or ESPN will put the time into this beast and make a bid. Bottomline, can the football schools in the conf live on a diet of $10-15MM a year with this travel budget?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Im the one who said we werent going anywhere. Its all you doofuses that were wrong. I cant believe anyone thinks that we are going anywhere. Its mind bottling.
Is your mind bottled? That would explain a lot.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Is your mind bottled? That would explain a lot.
Nah. I’m just a simpleton who likes UConn basketball and doesn’t consider CR a sport ( until this week, on here)

Reaction Score
I think forming something with the PAC-4 might be a good option for UCONN. I am not sure we can work something out, but it might be possible to form a new conference under the P12 flag since it already has an auto bid if the Big East merger thing might not work. Some of the Big East schools are good academic schools as well, which might entice Cal and Stanford to merge.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Big East will be fortunate to get a half eaten bag of lays, a handful of m&m’s and a few mints for their next tv deal.
So, pretty much what you're currently getting as a member of the big 12?

Just curious, does it bother you that the four corners schools came in after you and are making more than you?

CL82

Reaction Score
It's not a horrible idea but I doubt the Catholic schools will go for it. Then again, the opportunity to associate with Stanford and Cal might make them think twice.
I hear so many people spouting that adding Gonzaga to the big east would be a good idea. This at least would allow for teams on a California road trip to hit both schools. Also, the fact that football scheduling would be dramatically bolstered and we would be entitled to a full share of the new conference revenue, unlike our other big East peers, makes it much more attractive for us.

Reaction Score
I hear so many people spouting that adding Gonzaga to the big east would be a good idea. This at least would allow for teams on a California road trip to hit both schools. Also, the fact that football scheduling would be dramatically bolstered and we would be entitled to a full share of the new conference revenue, unlike our other big East peers, makes it much more attractive for us.

Exactly. If Gonzaga is such a good idea, adding Stanford, Cal, WSU, and OSU makes it much more feasible.

Reaction Score
Exactly. If Gonzaga is such a good idea, adding Stanford, Cal, WSU, and OSU makes it much more feasible.
I agree…I would never take Gonzaga on its own…but with the four pac schools… this would be very interesting

Reaction Score
Cal, Stanford, Oregon St, Wash St, Gonzaga, St Marys

Creighton, Marquette, Depaul, Butler, Xavier, St Louis (or Dayton)

UConn, Providence, St Johns, Seton Hall, Villanova, Georgetown

(Independent scheduling agreement between the FBS schools)

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
So, pretty much what you're currently getting as a member of the big 12?

Just curious, does it bother you that the four corners schools came in after you and are making more than you?
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

ive heard Amherst is lovely in november.

maybe if i upgrade my tv package ill be able to watch that epic clash on cbssngoonline+

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

maybe if i upgrade my tv package ill be able to watch that epic clash on cbssngoonline+

You talk a lot of smack for someone whose school sucks. Has Cincinnati ever won anything? Your one trip to the CFP, which you got as a participation trophy, turned into an obliteration.

CL82

Reaction Score

It is. A little nippy, but definitely football weather.

Anyway, so you didn't answer. Does it bother you at all that the four most recent additions are all getting a full share and you and the former American schools are the only ones that no one thought was worth full price?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Im the one who said we werent going anywhere. Its all you doofuses that were wrong. I cant believe anyone thinks that we are going anywhere. Its mind bottling.
So you are claiming you knew about the Friday chaos in advance?

Get out guy. I called you out because you think we are better off in the Big East, which even the school and governor realize isn’t tenable.

Reaction Score
Big East will be fortunate to get a half eaten bag of lays, a handful of m&m’s and a few mints for their next tv deal. no one’s watching and no one cares.

here’s to 50 more years of UConn in the Big East!
You can keep watching national titles pile up.

Reaction Score
This is basically what I've been calling for too. This is the lineup I'd start with, but Temple, SMU, SDSU, and Boise St. are other options.

• California
  • Connecticut
  • Massachusetts
  • Memphis
  • Oregon St.
  • Stanford
  • South Florida
  • Washington St.
  • St. John’s
  • Seton Hall
  • Providence
  • Villanova
  • Georgetown
  • Marquette
  • Xavier
  • DePaul
  • Butler
  • Creighton
  • Gonzaga
  • St. Mary’s
Adding the Pac 4 suddenly makes Gonzaga to the Big East much more viable.
BigPAC or PACkingBig conference? Which name do we choose?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Avoiding jumping into the school list rabbit hole.

Reasons I am optimistic about the next contract:

1) Big East is big city teams with tradition that have performed well for most part,
2) the last few media deals (Big 10, Big 12 and pac 12) have all come in way above expectations.

Reasons to be pessimistic:

1) things never work out in CR for UConn.

Reaction Score
Avoiding jumping into the school list rabbit hole.

Reasons I am optimistic about the next contract:

1) Big East is big city teams with tradition that have performed well for most part,
2) the last few media deals (Big 10, Big 12 and pac 12) have all come in way above expectations.

Reasons to be pessimistic:

1) things never work out in CR for UConn.
You’re saying the pac-12 media deal came in above expectations…that’s a ”unique” take on the deal that led to the demise of the pac-12…

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You’re saying the pac-12 media deal came in above expectations…that’s a ”unique” take on the deal that led to the demise of the pac-12…

The broad expectation among the media was that there would be no PAC 12 deal at all. The Apple deal was pretty good, and the Fox and ESPN stepped up big to tear the league apart.

The most surprising was the healthy Big 12 deal for a conference of flyovers and AAC nomads.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom