Big East WBB Awards | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Big East WBB Awards

Reaction Score
One more thought Charlie on Morrow's knees. Up to the point she became a member of the DePaul WBB team, Morrow was under the care of what ever medical provider(s) her parents were able to provide. We don't know if she got the same level and depth of orthopedic care she is getting now or not. I can't speak to that nor will I speculate.

Now that she is an active DePaul scholarship athlete, she is exposed to the some of finest orthopedic doctors and training staff in the country. They are no doubt monitoring her condition and will continue to so until she leaves the program. If she needs any type of medical procedure to correct a problem, she'll get it. As you know, players often have medical procedures done over the summer to correct problems, be they preexisting or acquired during the course of the season (most recently for us Evina Westbrook and Paige Bueckers had preexisting conditions addressed over the summer months).

Unless she has a degenerative condition, I think the medical staff can/will be able to keep her on the floor for 3 more years. Last week, I gave a tip o' the turban to UConn's medical staff for the excellent work they are doing and have done over the years to repair and rehabilitate our girls injuries, and keep them upright and healthy. It's something I'm going to watch the next 3 years.

Morrow is fun to watch. I'll look forward to the UConn/DePaul games just to see her. I expect her to get better and become more aggressive with each passing year. Any doubt she'll be a first round WNBA draft pick? Can you imaging her in 3 years? Bigger, stronger, faster and meaner. :mad: I know she won't be able to play "bully ball" in the paint in the W like she does now, but I have a feeling she'll hold her own and improve the fortunes of whatever team she goes to.
You'd like to hope she would but Sedona Prince thought she'd be getting top notch treatment from Texas too and look what she went through. I just hope Morrow's family has excellent insurance.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You'd like to hope she would but Sedona Prince thought she'd be getting top notch treatment from Texas too and look what she went through. I just hope Morrow's family has excellent insurance.
Yeah, Prince’s medical treatment at Texas was a joke. Dr. “Quack”inbush :confused: did not do right by her. I was watching the Fiba game she got hurt in during that summer. Tough break. Morrow is highly regarded at DePaul, and has become the face of the program. Doug Bruno is not going to let anything happen to her.

Reaction Score
With due respect to Paige and Morrow, have we heard that Maddy Siegrist is not coming back to Villanova? If she is, she'll be a darned difficult POY to dethrone, especially given the reality that Paige's stats likely will be less impressive in '22-23 than in '20-21.

Reaction Score
Good point, so to speak.. could well be she'll pile up the assists!.

Reaction Score
Did you see the post tacked to the top of the board regarding streaming games? Also, most post-game interviews with Geno and players are posted here or you can probably find them on YouTube. Go to YouTube.com and put UCTV into the search function

Duh....I can't believe I never noticed that. Thank you! :)

Reaction Score
Wow, what a story, but I guess I am shallow because I really don't understand it, or perhaps there is nothing to understand.
You're not shallow, I too have trouble understanding that kind of faith. I know I would never go to Calcutta and spend 60+ years in poverty working with the very poor. Doesn't mean either of us is a bad guy.

Reaction Score
My second time reading this and it's one of the most fascinating and at the same time saddest articles I've read. Basketball wise she was a tremendous talent.
She thinks she's helping the world and those in it by what she's doing. I don't understand it, but I respect the courage to follow through on your beliefs (we may not believe she's accomplishing what she thinks she is, but her faith does not hurt anyone).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice article on Nika's DPOY award

Alot of detailed quotes of appreciation

Ducharme felt differently, though. After going up against Mühl the entire season in practice and playing alongside her in games, Ducharme felt the sophomore point guard was the only player worthy of being named the best defender in the conference.

“I was not surprised. I think if you would give it to anyone else, it would just be a joke, honestly,” Ducharme said. “I’m so happy for her. She deserves it and I think we see it every day and it’s great to have for her to get that recognition.”

and Geno

Even Auriemma — who’s coached 11 previous conference players of the year — was taken aback when he found out Mühl won the award. It wasn’t that he didn’t think she deserved the honor, he just didn’t expect her to get the recognition from the rest of the conference.

“I told her I wasn’t surprised (that she earned it), I’m surprised they gave it to her,” he said. “It’s really hard for a Connecticut kid to win any kind of award in the Big East unless they’re superhuman.” :)

Reaction Score
You're not shallow, I too have trouble understanding that kind of faith. I know I would never go to Calcutta and spend 60+ years in poverty working with the very poor. Doesn't mean either of us is a bad guy.

now that I would understand and appreciate more, not that I would ever do it myself.

Reaction Score
Also well deserved. This award could've just as easily also gone to Aneesah Morrow, but given Villanova's 2nd-place finish this is probably the right call. Congrats to Maddy Siegrist.
You could argue it's the right call, BUT if it's a player award, then how the team finishes shouldn't be a variable. It's not a team award.

Reaction Score
Game after game Christyn gets the toughest defensive assignment covering the opposing team’s best offensive threat at g/w. I think that speaks to Geno’s feelings about Christyn’s defensive ability.

Not really, Nika isn't going to defend a wing player (generally the scorer). And Uconn doesn't play individual defense, they play team defense. So Christyn may have been the primary defender on the other team's best scorer, but Nika shut down the other team's offense.

Reaction Score
Not really, Nika isn't going to defend a wing player (generally the scorer). And Uconn doesn't play individual defense, they play team defense. So Christyn may have been the primary defender on the other team's best scorer, but Nika shut down the other team's offense.
Liv is far-and-away our defensive stopper and And AE are catching up!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not sure what you’re disagreeing with. Yes, UConn plays team defense, switching on all screens, and yes Nika disrupts the other team’s offense while guarding the other team’s pg. But as I indicated, Christyn starts out guarding the opposing team’s top scoring guard/wing.

Against Villanova, Christyn was primarily matched up with Brianna Herlihy, their sharp shooting 6’ wing and 2nd leading scorer behind Maddy Siegrist. Herlihy played 31 minutes, scoring only 8 pts on 3/9 shooting.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I so wish she would had chosen Rutgers.
Wait, what? Given all ongoing transfer issues, CVS age, the fact she took a sabbatical this year and frankly her less than stellar results, isn’t it time for a new regime in Piscataway? I know schools struggle when the coach that established the high marks for the program fade down the stretch of their careers and what should they do to seem grateful yet keep the program relevant.

If I am a fellow Big Ten school, I say keep CVS as I don’t have to really worry about them. But if I am a Rutgers fan, it is time to move on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom