Big East vs. AAC National Championships | The Boneyard

Big East vs. AAC National Championships

Reaction Score
Does your team have to be currently in your conference to claim that the conference won a title. UCONN was in the AAC in 2014 and in the BE for the others. so, the AAC could still claim that title.

Reaction Score
Does your team have to be currently in your conference to claim that the conference won a title. UCONN was in the AAC in 2014 and in the BE for the others. so, the AAC could still claim that title.

Actually, we won zero of our titles in the conference that is now called the Big East. We won all four of our titles for the conference that is now called the American, but was called the Big East before it sold its name to the new Big East.

Reaction Score
My God stop the hate on the AAC already! It's a conference trying to make a name for itself and by most is doing an incredible job for the short amount of time they have actually been in existence. UConn opted out and it'll take a few years to see if that was the right move. The next Big East and the next AAC TV deals should reveal a lot. Whether the football program can gain respectability as a indie where they could not as a conference mate will also tell the tale. I hope the AAC does well along with the MW and the MAC. I hate the idea of a Power 5 vs the rest of the colleges. And keep in mind the Big East isn't a Power anything. They have a half dozen decent to good basketball schools and that's it. They have zero competition for the women's team. The baseball sucks compared to the AAC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When UConn becomes a member of the Big East (excluding this year's winner of the NCAA Division One National Championship) the AAC teams will go from having won 6 National Championships to 2 and the (new) Big East from 5 to 9. Go UConn!
And it will be 4 National Championships in the last 9 years. Cincy's 2 National Championships were 58 and 59 years ago.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It's a conference trying to make a name for itself and by most is doing an incredible job for the short amount of time they have actually been in existence.
Since 1979?

Reaction Score
My God stop the hate on the AAC already! It's a conference trying to make a name for itself and by most is doing an incredible job for the short amount of time they have actually been in existence. UConn opted out and it'll take a few years to see if that was the right move. The next Big East and the next AAC TV deals should reveal a lot. Whether the football program can gain respectability as a indie where they could not as a conference mate will also tell the tale. I hope the AAC does well along with the MW and the MAC. I hate the idea of a Power 5 vs the rest of the colleges. And keep in mind the Big East isn't a Power anything. They have a half dozen decent to good basketball schools and that's it. They have zero competition for the women's team. The baseball sucks compared to the AAC.
the aac's next tv deal won't be for another decade, so we'll be waiting awhile

Reaction Score
Well said

Reaction Score
Big East isn't a Power 5 conference because it's a term ceeated for the football sub division. Of course The Big East is a power conference in basketball. As already pointed out the AAC is stuck with that horrendous contract for more than a decade.

Reaction Score
Big East isn't a Power 5 conference because it's a term ceeated for the football sub division. Of course The Big East is a power conference in basketball. As already pointed out the AAC is stuck with that horrendous contract for more than a decade.
And we'll see what the next Big East "basketball only" TV contract does for UConn's athletic program. Hey, the water is already under the bridge. UConn has cast it's die. Let's see what happens.

Reaction Score
And we'll see what the next Big East "basketball only" TV contract does for UConn's athletic program. Hey, the water is already under the bridge. UConn has cast it's die. Let's see what happens.
Are u watching the game tonight? The broadcast is worse than most high school games.

Reaction Score
A school is either seated at the P5 adult table or they're not. We elected to go eat with the kids permanently.

Reaction Score
Even though this is the wrong way to look at it, I don’t view our 2014 season as a true season in the AAC. It wasn’t until 2015 when the AAC was at its current format, minus Wichita St. In 2014, the AAC still had Rutgers/Louisville, and did not have Tulane/ECU/Tulsa until the year after. Its funny to think that the AAC would probably be a decent conference in basketball as well as football if It just continued to looked the way it did in year 1 with UConn/Louisville/Memphis/Houston/SMU/Cincinnati/USF/UCF/Temple/Rutgers. I know thats completely unrealistic, but I think it shows how much ECU and Tulane weigh the league down.

Reactions: TKs
Reaction Score
Bring back the dislike button just for this post

Reaction Score
AAC is actual garbage. A team in the conference needs to literally go 31-3 before the ncaa tournament to get even a 3 seed like Houston did last season. Houston is the leader this season and are a projected 7 seed. Is that the best the AAC can produce? Yeah, sadly.

Stop pretending to like the AAC. We are moving next year to the big east, where you can actually be honest about your feelings.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
AAC is actual garbage. A team in the conference needs to literally go 31-3 before the ncaa tournament to get even a 3 seed like Houston did last season. Houston is the leader this season and are a projected 7 seed. Is that the best the AAC can produce? Yeah, sadly.
The AAC is actual garbage, so what are we?

Reaction Score
Garbage that won championships in both men's and women's basketball
and since then?

Love you guys bashing up on a conference we've spent most of time floundering in.

Reaction Score
and since then?
and since then suffered in the most random conference ever. going back to the big east is a blessing and you are too blind to see it. if you really like the AAC so much then i suggest you switch allegiances to being a fan of UCF or something. so you can see the great UCF vs east carolina matchups.

you called the big east the kids table. so silly. look at the NBE in the past (nova winning 2 chips) now (with several competitive, ranked teams) and the long term matchups that we are going into. everyone on this board would've sacrificed a championship to go to the new big east or big east, whatever you want to call it. now we have serial complainers.

Reaction Score
and since then?

Love you guys bashing up on a conference we've spent most of time floundering in.
What's your point? We all know this is the worst stretch in the last 40 years of UConn basktball. We won this hellhole of a conference a national championship. The entire rest of the conference has 1 second weekend appearance since it's formation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom