Big East TV Deal with FOX, TNT, and NBC | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Big East TV Deal with FOX, TNT, and NBC

MJ1

Reaction Score
Well now that, that's done, with those networks, isn't it time for ESPN to poach the BE's most valuable property for it's P-4" Coastal " Conference, ;)
The ACC won’t add UConn just because ESPN wants it. They will only add UConn once Florida State, Clemson, NC, and Virginia leave for the Power 2. Until then enjoy the Big East and the great recruiting and the National Championships that come with it.

Reaction Score
Great now we need peacock and max ro watch games. Is this much better than espn÷?
The issue with the aac is that most of our games would’ve eventually been on espn+ whereas now most will be on big fox or FS1, or tnt or nbc, not max and peacock

Reaction Score
The ACC won’t add UConn just because ESPN wants it. They will only add UConn once Florida State, Clemson, NC, and Virginia leave for the Power 2. Until then enjoy the Big East and the great recruiting and the National Championships that come with it.
The ACC would most certainly add UConn if ESPN wanted them to do so.

Reaction Score
The ACC would most certainly add UConn if ESPN wanted them to do so.
Yes sir, that's a fact......( besides a few schools in the ACC not liking their TV master ;))

Reaction Score
IMHO, the BE and Indy FB is perfect until it isn't. Love the old rivalries, the Garden, etc., but having discussed CR on the Boneyard and the TOS for over 20 years, I'm not naive enough to think it was the "new Big East" only, that got Uconn back to it's rightful place in CBB. It was more like Dan and the Hurley brand, the Uconn brand and any elevation up out of the putrid fit of the AAC.

All things being equal, I wish everything could stay the same. But as we know right now in college sports most things won't stay the same. Along with DH's salary alone ( don't include Geno's) being more than double what Uconn gets paid from the current Big East TV deal.

MJ1

Reaction Score
Yes sir, that's a fact......( besides a few schools in the ACC not liking their TV master ;))
Unfortunately, once the ACC finally offers, it won’t be the same ACC anymore. No big time football anchors and no big time contract. Playing the likes of Cal., SMU, Pitt., and Wake reminds me of the American schedule. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, once the ACC finally offers, it won’t be the same ACC anymore. No big time football anchors and no big time contract. Playing the likes of Cal., SMU, Pitt., and Wake reminds me of the American schedule. Time will tell.
Totally agree. The SMU addition to the ACC really just bums me out to even think about. Want nothing to do with that school.

Reaction Score
Or kinda like the old Big East football conference with Cuse, Pitt, BC, Va Tech, Ville and Miami. As you said lots of moving parts and time.......
and yeah above too, SMU buying their way in with donors money, SMH !

Reaction Score
$60? I never pay more than $20 for it for a year. They have these specials all the time. I use it basically for English Soccer now so no biggie for me.
well i guess i didnt plan ahead. i had it for free through comcast but i guess that's only for the first 2 years so when i tried watching a prem league match last fall and realized i was no longer subscribed i had to renew right then and there for $60

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
At this point, time slots are more important than network. Whoever can guarantee Mon/Wed/Thursday @ 7pm, Saturday noon-7pm and Sunday 12p-3pm is my favorite.

Reaction Score
well i guess i didnt plan ahead. i had it for free through comcast but i guess that's only for the first 2 years so when i tried watching a prem league match last fall and realized i was no longer subscribed i had to renew right then and there for $60
Yeah, they run this $20 or $25 special throughout the year. They will always have a deal running around Black Friday for one of these low prices. I get all my streaming services I pay for during BF as the prices are super low. Hulu, Disney+ and Peacock. Max I get through AT&T Fiber and Paramount+ through Walmart+ so I don't have to buy those.

Reaction Score
$60? I never pay more than $20 for it for a year. They have these specials all the time. I use it basically for English Soccer now so no biggie for me.
Where did you find the $20 special for Peacock?

pj

Reaction Score
Of course he also said that BCU blackballed Connecticut because they "wanted to be the only New England team."

Having BC be your only New England team is pretty much the same as having no New England team.

ESPN gave the B1G an opportunity to own New England. An opportunity they haven't yet seized.

Reaction Score
Where did you find the $20 special for Peacock?
I normally find all my deals on slickdeals dot net

Here is a link to the last deal that was supposed to end on June 30th. Sounds from the thread you can call up and ask them to honor it. They run these deals randomly through out the year. Definitely on or near BF they have them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The big East games are not going to be on Peacock until next year, anyway right. So there's no real rush to sign up, except for the Olympics.

Reaction Score

This guys is saying the deal is near 1 Billion over 6 years which would be an increase over the 12 year 500 Million contract. This would be huge if true.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom