Big East Transfer Portal Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It'll take the right coach but Curbelo has some serious talent. Kind of the troubled genius type. Reminds me of Dimitar Berbatov for the soccer fans out there. Incredible skill, sees the game in a way others don't, but butts heads with almost everybody and can have trouble with motivation and hotheadedness. I'll root for the kid.
This is the perfect, or close to perfect, way of describing Curbelo. I remember Berbatov and some of the juggling and fancy stuff during game play at Old Trafford. With the exception of good perimeter shooting, Curbelo has high level skills and talent, but he is so eager to put them on display and at times it's a detriment to the team. He seems better for the And 1 Mix Tape Tour, seriously.

Hopefully he remains healthy and doesn't have issues with concussions going forward.

Reaction Score
Interesting. Would presumably be a pretty big change to the style of basketball we've seen them play for a while now. Maybe part of the sell is they let him showcase his "perimeter skills" a bit more?
him and Dixon would be quite a combo and they might be able to play them at the same time since both can shoot from the perimeter.

Reaction Score
St. John's missed out on Harvard's Chris Ledlum (to Tennessee), but added former Louisville and Iona power forward Quinn Slazinski.

I've watched Slazinski live a few times. A 6'9 215 versatile power forward who contribute in a lot of ways on offense in shooting, scoring, passing and all the little things. Wasn't the best defender on Iona, but he's primo at working the refs...does so with a smile and I've caught him making refs laugh multiple times.

Depending on how the rest of the offseason goes, Slazinski could start for St. John's or at least be a very strong bench piece.

caw

Reaction Score
St. John's missed out on Harvard's Chris Ledlum (to Tennessee), but added former Louisville and Iona power forward Quinn Slazinski.

I've watched Slazinski live a few times. A 6'9 215 versatile power forward who contribute in a lot of ways on offense in shooting, scoring, passing and all the little things. Wasn't the best defender on Iona, but he's primo at working the refs...does so with a smile and I've caught him making refs laugh multiple times.

Depending on how the rest of the offseason goes, Slazinski could start for St. John's or at least be a very strong bench piece.

If he recovered from his injury he is a very good player.

Reaction Score

Pitino another swing and miss. The St John Gaels +Naheim Alleyne. Me thinks he’ll need to win some games before guys start going there

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't see Alexander or Kaluma going pro, if for no other reason than they will make a lot more money at Creighton next season than they would in the G League.

Generally people will take more money over less money.

Reaction Score
Good replacement for Slater. Facilitator, capable but not great from 3
I'm such a fan of Slater, he looked completely checked out this year for some reason, such a versatile player.

Reaction Score
I'm such a fan of Slater, he looked completely checked out this year for some reason, such a versatile player.
I agree he looked like a pro last year and their best player at times. This year he was totally lost out there

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He’s like Jackson. He shines in a low volume role where he can do the dirty work. If you’re asking him to be a focal point scoring or anything, it’s not going to be pretty. He still had a good year, Nova’s struggles weren’t due to him.

Reaction Score
About how much will players make on our team next year, NIL?

Reaction Score
I've been keeping an eye on Xavier and the team Miller is putting together, adding excellent transfers and the 21rst ranked recruiting class. They'll be be right up near the top next year in the Big East and the country too. Great for the conference. Jack Nunge went pro, but that team will be hard to beat next year.

Reaction Score
I've been keeping an eye on Xavier and the team Miller is putting together, adding excellent transfers and the 21rst ranked recruiting class. They'll be be right up near the top next year in the Big East and the country too. Great for the conference. Jack Nunge went pro, but that team will be hard to beat next year.
They have Caroline Ducharme’s brother coming in next year

Reaction Score
I don't see Alexander or Kaluma going pro, if for no other reason than they will make a lot more money at Creighton next season than they would in the G League.

Generally people will take more money over less money.
2 way contracts make $500k now, and rumors are that Ashworth got 400k. So they're probably in the same ballpark. I doubt Kaluma would go regular g-league with his physical tools. Someone will want to develop him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just saw that Ashworth made 111 three pointers in 35 games last year.

Didn't sound too impressive until I looked up Jordan Hawkins for reference, and Hawkins made 109 threes in 37 games

WOW
Much different defenses and leagues!

Reaction Score
Much different defenses and leagues!
Not really, the Big East was definitely better but the Mountain West was better than the ACC and only slightly below the Pac 12/SEC by most metrics this year. He's a really good player

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I am just trying to stay positive. Follow the Hurley rules. Look at the trophy be patient and not lose my mind. Every big East team seams to be getting better. It is going to be a long 38 days until we know more about Dre and Tristan. Dickinson would be huge for Villanova and create a great match up for Clingan. But 38 days and counting……

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
2 way contracts make $500k now, and rumors are that Ashworth got 400k. So they're probably in the same ballpark. I doubt Kaluma would go regular g-league with his physical tools. Someone will want to develop him.

There are 60 G League players on 2 way contracts, and most of those are already spoken for. Maybe 15-20 kids a class get a 2 way deal. If you don't get one of those, the G league players make $40,500 a year. Quite a bit less than a college player.

I think the days of NBA teams parking raw athletes in the G league are going to be coming to a close. Why bother, when there will be so many polished 3 and 4 year players coming out of college, having stayed there because of NIL? NBA teams won't need to gamble anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom