Big East Transfer Portal Thread | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Back to the BE transfer portal. St. John’s transfer Mohamed Keita is on OV to South Florida today. What do you BYers know about him?

I don’t think anyone knows much. He played no meaningful minutes and didn’t see the floor at all after December. Seemed foul prone in the minutes he got. Big body with some potential but absolute unknown in terms of his ability to impact a college basketball game

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
I don’t think anyone knows much. He played no meaningful minutes and didn’t see the floor at all after December. Seemed foul prone in the minutes he got. Big body with some potential but absolute unknown in terms of his ability to impact a college basketball game
Thank you.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah but equating living in that part of Queens as being in the greatest city in the world is similar to living in a questionable section of Bridgeport and saying that you live in one if the wealthiest counties in the country. Technically it is a correct claim but the end result falls far short.
New York is very accessible and easy to get around so it isn’t really.

I have a friend who’s from Jamaica and used to work in Manhattan and do all kinds of things in other boroughs. It’s New York. You legitimately experience the whole city.

Reaction Score
Yup. And I’m a huge husky fan, but if you ask me if I want an apt in Mansfield or Jamaica queens, I’m taking Jamaica queens 100 out of 100, so what’s your point?

As a 45 year old I agree with you. As a 22 year old college basketball player I think I'd prefer living on UConn's campus than at a dumpy commuter school in a crappy part of Queens.

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
Jamaica me crazy with this tread within the tread

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Explain how he’s been “a thorn in UConn’s side”. Not saying he won’t be. But he sure hasn’t yet at St. Johns
One year when UConn won the title, Pitino crushed us 3 times. That's pretty thorny.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Queens is awesome. My favorite borough in NYC. I don’t remember what this thread was about but F pitino just because!

We were in Manhattan and took a train to queens just to eat chinese because these days queens chinatown>canal

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
One year when UConn won the title, Pitino crushed us 3 times. That's pretty thorny.
He’s one of the best guard coaches in college basketball of all time. Louisville guards were always so tough.

That year in particular they were the only team in the country with better guards than ours.

Reaction Score
We were in Manhattan and took a train to queens just to eat chinese because these days queens chinatown>canal
Don't disagree with you whatsoever, but if you get a chance, I highly recommend going to get some pork over rice at Wah Fung No. 1 sometime.

August_West

Reaction Score
Don't disagree with you whatsoever, but if you get a chance, I highly recommend going to get some pork over rice at Wah Fung No. 1 sometime.
Had it. Thats my neighborhood, its good. But jeez if Im gonna eat american chinese why would I go anywhere else than wo hop across my street (mott) ? We stay midtown east now though and it is legitimately faster going to queens than downtown. And Im talking the serious dumpling houses. I know 3 in queens as good as or better than my fav in Chinatown.

August_West

Reaction Score
My 8 month old attacking clear gelatin dumplings filled with duck in queens.

This is the way :)

A159E4F6-F34E-4DF4-8751-E05120C5DC81.jpeg

Reaction Score
Had it. Thats my neighborhood, its good. But jeez if Im gonna eat american chinese why would I go anywhere else than wo hop across my street (mott) ? We stay midtown east now though and it is legitimately faster going to queens than downtown. And Im talking the serious dumpling houses. I know 3 in queens as good as or better than my fav in Chinatown.
Supreme Restaurant at 100 Mott has great soup dumplings and other options. My sister and I go there at least once a month on Sunday’s lol.

Reaction Score

Originally from Angola, the four-star, 6'10 220 power forward was previously ranked as the top recruit in Boise State history. Didn't play a ton as a freshman, but showed an ability to stretch the floor.

Really solid pickup in mid-June with definite high-upside potential and a potential starter as soon as next year.

August_West

Reaction Score
Supreme Restaurant at 100 Mott has great soup dumplings and other options. My sister and I go there at least once a month on Sunday’s lol.
Totally. Used to liveon Mott just south of Canal. Bowie was my neighbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom