Providence over Xavier
Marquette over Creighton
UConn over Seton Hall
Nova over DePaul

Marquette over Providence
Nova over UConn

Nova over Marquette

Reaction Score
I was surprised how great the BET remained after 2013.

We had a few great games vs the Hall with the building packed and the energy never better, never any louder, in the oBE days.

I was surprised that we stayed the best tourney in the nation and continued to pack the Garden.

There was a question on here about how well Creighton travels. Their first year it seemed like half of the City was Creighton. I wonder how this post-Covid BET will look, but I but Creighton shows up.

The comments on UConn fans not living in Storrs surprised me. A recent alumni study showed that 93% of Nova grads still live in Villanova. So we all have to travel way up to the big city for the games. It’s strange that the best undergrad biz school in the country doesn’t send anyone to NYC.

Reaction Score
1646754414476.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

When any fan base can get MSG this loud call me (including the Knicks)!

I always LOL about Packer’s “upside down wave“ comment.

Reaction Score
So how were the fans distributed by school tonight?

Reaction Score
UConn well represented in the early session even though they weren’t playing. Second only to Providence who had the most. Just a smattering from other schools. UConn dominating in the late session.

Loudest cheer by far was during a timeout when they showed Calhoun on the Jumbotron. Place erupted.

Reaction Score

Just got back.... By far Villanova had the largest crowd in the night session. UConn was second. I would say Seton Hall and St. Johns were close third/fourth

But UConn fans were loud. A lot of Villanova fans left after their game

Reaction Score
Just got back.... By far Villanova had the largest crowd in the night session. UConn was second. I would say Seton Hall and St. Johns were close third/fourth

I was there and disagree. I thought uconn had more than Villanova tonight. However, providence daytime showing was most impressive... def felt like 70% providence fans. Where at night it was much more balanced between Uconn/nova/hall.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Were you there? If you were, why type of hallucinogenic drugs were you on?

Until about two minutes into the second half of the St John's-Nova game the Garden was maybe 60% filled (at that point the late arriving UConn fans filled the house. PC was exceptionally impressive in the morning. UConn had as many fans as Nova, St John's & SH combined in the evening session.

Reaction Score
Were you there? If you were, why type of hallucinogenic drugs were you on?

Until about two minutes into the second half of the St John's-Nova game the Garden was maybe 60% filled (at that point the late arriving UConn fans filled the house. PC was exceptionally impressive in the morning. UConn had as many fans as Nova, St John's & SH combined in the evening session.

Yep. I was there as I have all-sessions... and funny enough... didn't even have a drop of alcohol tonight. If according to you it was 60% full for most of the 1st game then after the Villanova fans left en masse the Garden it must have been like 40% filled as the difference was obvious between Game 1 and Game 2.

But more accurately, I would say it was 75% filled for the 1st half of the 1st game, 100% by the the end of game 1, and like 65% by start of game-2. By halftime of game-2 even more people left so I would say it was like 50-55%

I'm just keeping it real. I visited the Chase Bridge to view the game from the top in several occasions and noticed the difference from above. Once the 1st game was over it felt like a chunk of the Garden emptied out. And that's not taking into account the fact many Villanova fans did decide to stay for the 2nd game.

It didn't help that the 2nd game started really late. I feel like intermission between games is too darn long. Get the guys out quick for warmups and start the 2nd game within 15 mins

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom