Big East Tournament Bracket | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East Tournament Bracket

Reaction Score
He is trolling, Hurleyman. He knows full well the hostile crowd that awaits his team if they play UConn at MSG. But he pokes his nose in here anyway to get a reminder.
Yeah, forgot he was a Nova fan. They will be outnumbered 10-1 at MSG by UConn fans and that might be a lowball estimate. I actually love the possible St. John’s vs. Nova matchup in around 2 as 95% of the crowd will be pro St. John’s. This should be a great BET…there are at least 6-8 teams the could legitimately win it.

Reaction Score
Yeah, forgot he was a Nova fan. They will be outnumbered 10-1 at MSG by UConn fans and that might be a lowball estimate. I actually love the possible St. John’s vs. Nova matchup in around 2 as 95% of the crowd will be pro St. John’s. This should be a great BET…there are at least 6-8 teams the could legitimately win it.
I’d expect Friday evening to be about 25% each school, St Johns, Nova, Hall, UConn. I expect it to be a tough ticket.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Because it stinks for those of us, like me, who wake up at 5:30 for work.

Does waking up at 4:30 and watching on record make me a casual fan? #existentialdilemma
Just talking about the draw. I hate being the late game even though I don’t get up that early. I’m just getting old.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
UConn does turn out for the women’s tournament for sure
Well in past matchups against St Johns, Syracuse, Seton Hall or Nova at MSG in the BET UConn has clearly lead in attendance. That may have been before your time, but there is already precedent.

Reaction Score
Well in past matchups against St Johns, Syracuse, Seton Hall or Nova at MSG in the BET UConn has clearly lead in attendance. That may have been before your time, but there is already precedent.
I wish it was before my time.

I would have guessed that Storrs was closer to MSG, but I just checked and Nova is a bit closer. Interesting that if the 4 probable schools in the Thursday session, UConn is furthest from the Garden.

MSG is a great home for the conference.

Reaction Score

I would have guessed that Storrs was closer to MSG, but I just checked and Nova is a bit closer. Interesting that if the 4 probable schools in the Thursday session, UConn is furthest from the Garden.

Doesn't matter where Storrs is, only where the UConn fanbase is. Either you know that and are still trolling, or your Nova degree is worth even less than we thought.

Reaction Score

Getting to the Garden with Metro North or Amtrak is very convenient.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Yes, but Storrs is far from the population centers of the state. The biggest county in the state is inside the NYC Metro area and gets NY TV stations.

I think the advantage also comes from size. UConn is the largest school of those four (Seton Hall is tiny), and the only public. So, like most flagship State Universities, it has fans that never attended. Schools like St. Johns and Seton Hall simply don't. Villanova probably has some due to recent success, but has a lot of competition even in Philly.

Reaction Score
SJ has played tight in most of their games but still finds a way to lose. My gut tells me that Nova should win the BE tournament but nothing would surprise me. Our outside shooting inconsistency is troubling.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

MSG is as close as or closer than Gampel to a lot of CT based husky fans (see endless XL v Gampel discussion)…not to mention all the NY based alums/fans.

How hilarious is it that the ACC does their tournament in Brooklyn? It’s like your grandfather trying to rap Biggie to show he’s cool.

Reaction Score

Pretty insane that the bottom half of the bracket has like 65% of the probability of winning the championship.

Also, they give Nova a 73% chance to win if they make the finals and us a 61% chance. Computers really hate Providence.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Cuse and UConn always had the most fans at the OBE tournaments - no other schools were even close. In the next tiers were Nova and Louisville and St Johns (only when they played)
It will be interesting this year - you wonder if PC fans really travel outside of their tiny confines
I think Nova will have a larger presence. I know Creighton has a great following at home but do they travel?

Reaction Score
This bracket is tough if we want to win the BET, but good for our NCAAT seeding.

A win vs. SH should lock up a 5 seed, and a loss would not be catastrophic. Might stay a 5, high-end 6 seed (not a horrible place to be if we can get through the 1st round) at worst.

A win vs. SH and Nova will have us in the discussion for a 4 seed even if we lose to (say) Providence, and a loss vs. Nova would not hurt.

Running the table locks up a 4 seed with an outside chance of a 3 if everything breaks right.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He is trolling, Hurleyman. He knows full well the hostile crowd that awaits his team if they play UConn at MSG. But he pokes his nose in here anyway to get a reminder.
Zissou is far from a troll.
He's been at this longer than you
Its always good to hear from someone representing a competitor team
No harm no foul

Reaction Score
Oh good! We don't have to run into Creighton! Let Villanova take them out and then we terminate Villanova in the finals...sounds good to me!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Oh good! We don't have to run into Creighton! Let Villanova take them out and then we terminate Villanova in the finals...sounds good to me!
Based on Sanogo's reaction to watching the game tape, I would be fine playing Creighton again.

Reaction Score
Based on Sanogo's reaction to watching the game tape, I would be fine playing Creighton again.
But they watch game tapes on us also and will also adjust...for reasons I can't understand (probably because I'm a casual compared to many of you here) we just don't play well against them...oh and one last thing if we do win the BE tourney then are we a 3rd seed or could we possibly move up to a 2nd seed? what do you guys think?

Reaction Score
But they watch game tapes on us also and will also adjust...for reasons I can't understand (probably because I'm a casual compared to many of you here) we just don't play well against them...oh and one last thing if we do win the BE tourney then are we a 3rd seed or could we possibly move up to a 2nd seed? what do you guys think?
I am not a bracketologist, not even an amateur one, but a quick look at the résumés of the teams ahead of us leads me to believe that we have no shot at a 2-seed. A 3-seed looks unlikely as well, even if we win the BET. The main problem is that the worst that can happen to any team ahead of us is a single loss, and probably not an all-too-damaging one at that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom