Big East soon to become Mid Major | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Big East soon to become Mid Major

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are rapidly becoming the Stanford of the East. UCONN needs to do whatever is necessary to find a strong league. At this point I don't really care if its the ACC, Big Ten, Sec, or any other strong league. It seems that no league wants UCONN, and if this continues it may hurt recruiting. In fact it may already be hurting UCONN'S recruiting. I mentioned UCONN becoming an independent, but after second thought maybe that isn't such a good idea. I just don't want to see UCONN'S Women's Basketball program go the way of LA Tech and other once powerful programs.

Reaction Score
You guys make some very interesting points. Seems like a lot of these incoming programs are selling that "we are going to the Big East" line but what will UConn sell in staying. The good thing is that a lot of middle school kids I talk to have UCONN as their dream school for now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, on queue, as it were. It is unseemly to go to Greensboro NC (ACC HQ) begging admission into the ACC. Something that is hard to communicate is that the best way for UCONN to get into some super conference or another is to stand firm, proudly rebuild the Big East by becoming the "beast of the East" and by having conferences come to us begging.

Query: Are posters really saying that UCONN cannot be the leader of a rebuilt Big East?

If so, posters may be overlooking the best avenue for eventual membership where UCONN really wants to be.

I don't think the begging approach sends the right message.

Just say-n :-/
I only wish that you had been advising Tom Jurich.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
the way to garner attention and kudos is to be teams perceived to be as good as or better than you.
In the new Big East, there are none...not even close. UConn by default will be the beast of the east, but there is no pride in stomping lesser competition. There is pride in beating a rival who meets you punch for punch.

Being the beast of the east now is just silly with what is left here. It's all over but the shouting. If UConn is to stay relevant, they need to move to where they will be challenged.

Reaction Score
the way to garner attention and kudos is to be teams perceived to be as good as or better than you.
In the new Big East, there are none...not even close. UConn by default will be the beast of the east, but there is no pride in stomping lesser competition. There is pride in beating a rival who meets you punch for punch.

Being the beast of the east now is just silly with what is left here. It's all over but the shouting. If UConn is to stay relevant, they need to move to where they will be challenged.

As we know, we need an invite to move. As Niebuhr is often quoted:

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Please, let us stop the "woe is me." It doesn't help and doesn't change anything.

Reaction Score
What some posters are saying is we shouldn't even be wanting the invite. That is the point here.

I think EVERYONE knows we need to be invited, first. We get that, quite clearly. As my kids heard ad nauseum as they grew up "wanting and getting are two entirely different things". Is it wrong to want a change? No, not in my opinion, but clearly some posters think it is.

I have wasted enough of my meager attention span on this thread. I won't be viewing it any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom