Big East Really Has Its Act Together....Not! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East Really Has Its Act Together....Not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was making excuses to make a point. I could also say we played a horrible game, horrible second half at least. And yes I'm a SJU fan. Been coming to these boards since the old boneyard.

You really haven't watched Daniels play much. It shows.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
That's what they all say, dont they? SJU only had an injured Phil Greene at Pg at that time. Branch was out. No upperclassmen on the roster etc. Harrison sat much of UConn's comeback. SJU should be vastly better this season with lots of additions and everybody returning.

He didn't say UConn was unlucky to win, but that it was their worst performance. You can judge him on that one game, or the slew of incredible performances he had after that.

I bet you think Fernando Tatis was a better power hitter than Albert Pujols, too.

SJU still has one major problem that will keep holding it back- the head coach is a train wreck in-game.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Yeah...DeAndre Daniels was terrific the last 10 games of the year, and did most of his damage within the 3-point arc. Assuming he keeps improving, it's going to be really, really tough to stop him AND stop dribble penetration.

To be fair, if UConn doesn't get dribble penetration, they'll have to just shoot threes, something they were terrible at last year- oh, wait, they were actually REALLY REALLY GOOD at it.

Reaction Score
To be fair, if UConn doesn't get dribble penetration, they'll have to just shoot threes, something they were terrible at last year- oh, wait, they were actually REALLY REALLY GOOD at it.

I was confident going into that game that SJU was winning it because of UConn's lack of interior ability and toughness. UConn really made it a game after getting beaten up early with their outside shooting. Sju didnt have enough inside game either last year, but Jakarr was really stepping it up and Obekpa a monster guarding the rim. Daniels has turned out to be a pretty good player for sure. Im surprised abiut how much he advanced since freshman year. Still see him as more of a hybrid forward.

This season, I'd still approach UConn by locking down dribble penetration by guards that are pretty small and forcing Uconn to the perimeter game or to the inside. UConn IS Napier right now. Kid is real good.

Reaction Score
Using what name?

I think I was under this name. I was probably banned at the time for being a fan of a rival program. Glad to see an independent site like this one for uconn fans. Much better than scout/rivals IMO.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just don't know what will make Uconn a ton better than last year.

Does UConn really need to be a ton better to be in the mix? They beat a highly regarded Sweet 16 team last year. Only a lucky 30-footer at the buzzer from a lousy shooter kept them from beating an Elite 8 team on the road. And we all know they took a Final 4 team to the woodshed, don't we? This team is returning everyone from last year, of course they will be a better team by experience alone. Daniels was beginning to make "the leap" by year end. A healthy Calhoun will contribute even more and they are lead by one of the best players (clutch and otherwise) in the country. As for the bigs, they haven't shrunk. They will get better as well.

And for the record, I can vouch for MCN's long tradition of existence on the 'Yard. I think he even goes back to to the pre-Yard AOL board.

Reaction Score
Does UConn really need to be a ton better to be in the mix? They beat a highly regarded Sweet 16 team last year. Only a lucky 30-footer at the buzzer from a lousy shooter kept them from beating an Elite 8 team on the road. And we all know they took a Final 4 team to the woodshed, don't we? This team is returning everyone from last year, of course they will be a better team by experience alone. Daniels was beginning to make "the leap" by year end. A healthy Calhoun will contribute even more and they are lead by one of the best players (clutch and otherwise) in the country. As for the bigs, they haven't shrunk. They will get better as well.

And for the record, I can vouch for MCN's long tradition of existence on the 'Yard. I think he even goes back to to the pre-Yard AOL board.

Yes I was on the AOL boards as well. I've always enjoyed other team boards in our conference. I don't try to cause any trouble, but of course any rival fan posing comes across that way.

I guess when it comes to looking at UConn taking the next step, I just have questions about interior play. I have different questions about. My own SJU team who I felt was on the cusp of being real good last year but were missing a few pieces, we're too young and had a very talented D'Angelo Harrison who didn't have his head on straight. SJU adds quite a bit so I'm hoping we can parlay that into this season where I legitimately think SJU like Uconn are teams that can advance 2-3 rounds into Sweet-16/Elite 8 range if things go the right way.

Reaction Score
Well, a UConn grad is commissioner of the new BE, and the new AAC. Is anyone thrilled as to where we all are? If God were commish of the BE over the past few years he couldn't have prevented what happened to the BE. Sooner or later the football schools were going to break away, one way or the other. C-7 did what they had to do. Bottom line, however, is to hire a savy commish. Doesn't matter where he graduated from. He just better know what the hell he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom