Big East Really Has Its Act Together....Not! | The Boneyard

Big East Really Has Its Act Together....Not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn still listed as BE because it still is in the BE. Change takes place 7/1.
the men’s and women’s basketball tournaments should be announced. Philadelphia and the Palestra and Hartford remain the front runners both sites…

I'm not sure who to root for here. I'd like to keep them in CT for state pride and state economics, but I kind of like the concept of the Palestra.

Reaction Score
have to say I liked his comment about how this re-alignment never considers the athletes...notbecause I like the concept, just that he is 100% accurate.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
A group of incompetent institutional leaders making incompetent decisions?

I am shocked, I say, shocked.

Reaction Score
PE-TOOWEY!!! I spit on them and anything to do with the shadow of a conference they are calling the BE. They should have come up with a new name-it turns my stomach.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain why we gave up the Big East name? It may not be the best representation of our membership but it has a lot of brand equity. We're starting anew with AAC. So - why did we give up Big East?

Reaction Score
Can someone explain why we gave up the Big East name? It may not be the best representation of our membership but it has a lot of brand equity. We're starting anew with AAC. So - why did we give up Big East?

It was part of the negotiations. We basically sold the name (and MSG) to the catholic schools in exchange for more money.

Reaction Score
Because they paid alot of money to UConn, UC and USF for it. It was a great move in my opinion. The football schools needed to disassociate from the "Big Least" and the C7 were willing to pay big $ for it.

Reaction Score
OT but right now I know its hockey but ESPN has given the playoffs virtually no coverage. I assume this will be the same coverage the Big East will get next year.

Reaction Score

$100,000,000

Reaction Score
The brand equity is highly diluted and will only worsen with a weak football and hoop product. New name and money = win/win

Reaction Score
So is there gonna be one less at-large team from here on out?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
how many times does it have to be said on this board.... THEY ARE NOT THE BIG EAST!!!!!!! THEY JUST CALL THAT STEAMMING PILE OF THE BIG EAST CAUSE IT SOUNDS BETTER!!!!:D the BE died when quse gtown and uconn split up. they are the c7. nothing more

Reaction Score
how many times does it have to be said on this board.... THEY ARE NOT THE BIG EAST!!!!!!! THEY JUST CALL THAT STEAMMING PILE OF THE BIG EAST CAUSE IT SOUNDS BETTER!!!!:D the BE died when quse gtown and uconn split up. they are the c7. nothing more

They bought the Big East name & tournament site (MSG) while walking out the door, is what I say... well, it is what happened and most casual fans/people won't remember in a couple of years... most, but us serious fans here will not forget.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't care about literals. Without the 4 chips that we and quse added, it looks alot worse. The aac and c7 are on the same leval basketball wise imo

Reaction Score
I don't care about literals. Without the 4 chips that we and quse added, it looks alot worse. The aac and c7 are on the same leval basketball wise imo

Not a chance AAC is as good as big east in bball. Aside from uconn, Cincy and Memphis, nothing much there. Louisville is a hold-over and isn't an AAC team. Temple has nice history but lose everybody.

As far as the Big East name, all 7 that left were charter members. They bought the name and deserve to keep the name. It is the football schools that sullied it to begin with.

In other news, the Big East's "worst" team DePaul announcing today that they are, with the help of the City of Chicago, building a new 300 million dollar DePaul Arena in downtown Chicago. With the right coach, they will be a big player in hoops too in coming years. Huge commitment to bball.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not a chance AAC is as good as big east in bball. Aside from uconn, Cincy and Memphis, nothing much there. Louisville is a hold-over and isn't an AAC team. Temple has nice history but lose everybody.

As far as the Big East name, all 7 that left were charter members. They bought the name and deserve to keep the name. It is the football schools that sullied it to begin with.
gtown,Marquette...... Uconn,Memphis I'll take the latter. Cincy,temple..... Butler,.......

Really their league is nothing special. Plus I think quett,butler,and st. Lois never do anything special in that league, and we know peecee, st johns, and DePaul were never successful (except PC when pitino coached there). That league is all gtown, nothing else

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not saying our league is good, CAUSE I HATE IT!! But were probably better or the same as the c7

Reaction Score

In other news, the Big East's "worst" team DePaul announcing today that they are, with the help of the City of Chicago, building a new 300 million dollar DePaul Arena in downtown Chicago. With the right coach, they will be a big player in hoops too in coming years. Huge commitment to bball.

Only GU, SJU, PC and SH are charter members of the old BE.

Sullied???....And those non football schools did such a great job getting to Final 4's and winning all those national titles in hoops.

Reaction Score
gtown,Marquette...... Uconn,Memphis I'll take the latter. Cincy,temple..... Butler,.......

Really their league is nothing special. Plus I think quett,butler,and st. Lois never do anything special in that league, and we know peecee, st johns, and DePaul were never successful (except PC when pitino coached there). That league is all gtown, nothing else

You're nuts. Marquette, Georgetown, st.john's, Nova, Creighton could all be top 25 teams this season, not to mention other programs like Butler, Xavier, an improved PC team. The leagues aren't close top to bottom IMO.

Reaction Score
Only GU, SJU, PC and SH are charter members of the old BE.

Sullied???....And those non football schools did such a great job getting to Final 4's and winning all those national titles in hoops.

Again Alex, state dollars go a long way towards pushing those football programs along. Don't deny it. New York state built that dome for Syracuse too. If New York State slapped a dome with 50K seats at SJU, it would have been a lot easier to build a top notch product. Fwiw Alex, I don't consider uconn a "football" school. Uconn is a basketball school who is trying their hand at football thanks to state dollars. Uconn is a football pretender. The football schools destroyed the league in the name of football, hence "sullied".

My point about the charter member is that the majority kept the Big East name and deserved to. I'm not sure why UConn has any venom towards the Big East? If Uconn didn't think they were a football school, the Big East would accept UConn with open arms. Unfortunately, all the other leagues spurned UConn. The Big East schools never did.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You're nuts. Marquette, Georgetown, st.john's, Nova, Creighton could all be top 25 teams this season, not to mention other programs like Butler, Xavier, an improved PC team. The leagues aren't close top to bottom IMO.
Your assuming Marquette, Johns, and Creighton(really?) will be top 25. Plus am talking long term. PC sucks, we all no that. Gtown and maybe nova will be successful. Butler and Xavier are both vastly overrated, butler just has one of the best coaches in the nation, and nothing to show for it

Reaction Score
Your assuming Marquette, Johns, and Creighton(really?) will be top 25. Plus am talking long term. PC sucks, we all no that. Gtown and maybe nova will be successful. Butler and Xavier are both vastly overrated, butler just has one of the best coaches in the nation, and nothing to show for it

SJU is loaded, will easily be top 25. Mark my words. Team will be a bear this season. Marquette has a lot of talent there. Creighton is a tourney team and returns McDermott. They will be good again.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Johns has the best shot at 25. Which is really saying something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads