Big East POY | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East POY

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I was watching the Georgetown-DePaul game with the sound off and they put up a graphic of Bouk and his stats titled “Big East Player of the Year”. I figured maybe it was the color commentator’s pick for the award, but maybe someone can fill in the gaps

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would imagine he doesn't get it because of the missed games.

I think it should go to Mamu or maybe David Duke if you want to ignore team record. It'll probably go to Gillespie though.
That would piss me off He is wildly overrated and wouldn’t be much at all if they’d call the offensive fouls.

Reaction Score
I would imagine he doesn't get it because of the missed games.

I think it should go to Mamu or maybe David Duke if you want to ignore team record. It'll probably go to Gillespie though.
If that happens then just like 2011 in 10 years nobody will be able to remember who won it because one guy will be in the NBA with a good career and the guy who won it will have a nice career overseas that nobody will know about. And just like 2011 I hope our guy is cutting down the nets in MSG instead.

Reaction Score
That was my fave play of game. When he put mcewan on skates. Bouk doesn’t forget. On another note, Bouk shud be lock for first team and shud get poy. I cud see mamu for sure getting first team but when u compar Bouk yo zeg, Gillespie and Duke, Bouk is so talented. Zeg is so overrated

Reaction Score
Wasn’t this the defender who threw his entire body weight on James elbow last game?

Pretty sure it was #25, Koby McEwen, who landed on his elbow.

The injury occurred in the first half of UConn’s Jan. 5 game against Marquette; guard Koby McEwen fell on top of Bouknight’s left elbow at midcourt with a few minutes remaining in the first half.

Reaction Score
That was my fave play of game. When he put mcewan on skates. Bouk doesn’t forget. On another note, Bouk shud be lock for first team and shud get poy. I cud see mamu for sure getting first team but when u compar Bouk yo zeg, Gillespie and Duke, Bouk is so talented. Zeg is so overrated
#23 is Cain.

Reaction Score
I was watching the Georgetown-DePaul game with the sound off and they put up a graphic of Bouk and his stats titled “Big East Player of the Year”. I figured maybe it was the color commentator’s pick for the award, but maybe someone can fill in the gaps
Was watching that too, it was Dickie Simkins. He had Bouk as his POY in the Big East

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
Bouk should win it hands down. Nobody’s highlight reel, montage or whatever looks better and his stats in every game he’s played are ridiculous.

Reaction Score
It makes you wonder, even if Bouk didn't get hurt and played more games, how high he would finish in Big East POY voting. I'm just thinking that maybe there's a bias against UConn because even though we are who we are, maybe we are treated kind of like the new kid on the block this season? I mean just look what happened in the pre season. Bouknight was not voted on the All Big East first team. That was ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Not only a limited number of games, but I think there's a bit of understandable domain bias. Deep down, some BE schools didn't really want us in the conference. And if not the schools, certainly some fans.

BTW, Kemba didn't get it either, so I'm okay with Bouk not getting it. He seems like the kind of player who likes to have something to prove.
Hate Ben hansborough and jimmer for that matter.

Reaction Score
It makes you wonder, even if Bouk didn't get hurt and played more games, how high he would finish in Big East POY voting. I'm just thinking that maybe there's a bias against UConn because even though we are who we are, maybe we are treated kind of like the new kid on the block this season? I mean just look what happened in the pre season. Bouknight was not voted on the All Big East first team. That was ridiculous.
He would run away with the award if he didn't get injured, everyone in the league knows he's by far the best player.

Reaction Score
Let me take my stab at this. Remember the Big East has six players on the first team and five in the second team, two in the honorable mentions and six in the all-freshman team:

First Team:
  • G - Collin Gillespie - POY
  • G - David Duke
  • G- Paul Scruggs
  • G - Julian Champagnie
  • F- Sandro Mamukelashvili
  • F - Zach Freemantle
Second Team:
  • G - James Bouknight
  • G - Marcus Zegarowski
  • G - Jahvon Blair
  • F - Nate Watson
  • F - Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
Honorable Mention:
  • G - Jared Rhoden
  • F - Jamorko Pickett
All-Freshman Team:
  • G - Posh Alexander
  • G - Chuck Harris
  • G - Dante Harris
  • F- Dawson Garcia
  • F- Adama Sanogo
  • F - Justin Lewis
Bouk is our most talented player since Kemba, but he can't be on the first team playing half as many games as everyone else on that list.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Let me take my stab at this. Remember the Big East has six players on the first team and five in the second team, two in the honorable mentions and six in the all-freshman team:

First Team:
  • G - Collin Gillespie - POY
  • G - David Duke
  • G- Paul Scruggs
  • G - Julian Champagnie
  • F- Sandro Mamukelashvili
  • F - Zach Freemantle
Second Team:
  • G - James Bouknight
  • G - Marcus Zegarowski
  • G - Jahvon Blair
  • F - Nate Watson
  • F - Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
Honorable Mention:
  • G - Jared Rhoden
  • F - Jamorko Pickett
All-Freshman Team:
  • G - Posh Alexander
  • G - Chuck Harris
  • G - Dante Harris
  • F- Dawson Garcia
  • F- Adama Sanogo
  • F - Justin Lewis
Bouk is our most talented player since Kemba, but he can't be on the first team playing half as many games as everyone else on that list.
Swap Freemantle and Scruggs for Bouknight (if they give it to him because of number of missed games) and Robinson Earl. Zegarowski is playing himself off the first team.

Reaction Score
Not only a limited number of games, but I think there's a bit of understandable domain bias. Deep down, some BE schools didn't really want us in the conference. And if not the schools, certainly some fans.

BTW, Kemba didn't get it either, so I'm okay with Bouk not getting it. He seems like the kind of player who likes to have something to prove.
Kemba was robbed...in the BE and nationally...jimmer Fredette?? He won where it counted though...on the court.

Reaction Score
I mean c’mon fans. I get we all had our choice words for Gillespie backing our guards down but let’s give the kid his due. He’s a really good player, leader for Nova and if you wouldn’t want him on your team you’re blind. Not sure he’s the POY or not but I’d be fine with him getting the award.

Reaction Score
I mean c’mon fans. I get we all had our choice words for Gillespie backing our guards down but let’s give the kid his due. He’s a really good player, leader for Nova and if you wouldn’t want him on your team you’re blind. Not sure he’s the POY or not but I’d be fine with him getting the award.
I wouldn’t want him on my team. He’s a system player. He’s only this player in a system like Novas where they damn near play 5 out

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t want him on my team. He’s a system player. He’s only this player in a system like Novas where they damn near play 5 out

Agree to disagree he’s a basketball player and a real good one. Maybe not NBA but wouldn’t bet against him he’s a tough nosed kid, smart and solid. I’d take him all day but I hear you respect your opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom