Big East OOC tracker | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Geez. Georgetown still trailing. I'm starting to think no one can revive that Hoyas program
Did they win the NBE tournament last year or was that an 80s TV rerun?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
18-2. Butler not looking good so far.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
nova loses. snapping that nice 15 game winning streak for the league.

Nova almost had it... but the boys checked out 4 mins before the end of 2nd half. Bruins had all the momentum going into OT
Didn't someone say that UCLA sucks and were the most overrated team?
They aren't the best team in the country but sure are one of the best
As much as I do not care for Cronin, he has himself a nice team

Reaction Score
Yay…Have you looked at Nova or Halls schedules?
Ya but what works with them does not work for us right now, IMO. We just got back into the NCAAs last year after a long hiatus. This team needs more confidence builders. We are going into the right path. Next years OOC should be more challenging.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
You’re Wrong about everything other than the die hards of which apparently there aren’t that many. I’m not the only one saying this but I would happily go see UNH or umass or any Ivy play. I’m not going to see CCSU or Coppin state in person. And since when don’t ticket sales matter ? That’s news to me.
You’re not wrong that having a few “high profile” OOC home games would be great, but idk that more people are going to show up for Dartmouth or UNH instead of CCSU (sold out) or Coppin State and the like.

If we’re trying to upgrade the OOC home slate we need to shoot for a regional school like UMass or Temple, at a minimum, but those games most likely don’t come without a H&H contract. And if Hurley is going to play a true road game OOC it seems like he really wants to make it count (WVU, Florida, etc.). Hence why we get CCSU and Coppin state for the first six weeks of the season.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nze just hit a buzzer beater before halftime from below his own free throw line.

Reaction Score
Georgetown is going to be the team that steps up in the NOOB. LOL. They would love to get into the Ivy League. The Ivies might need somebody to hold up the league.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There are going to be some crazy outcomes early in the season. Miami lost to UCF and NC State needed some very friendly home-court officiating to beat a bad Colgate team. Georgetown has several new players and lost some key contributors from last year. They were ripe for an upset.

Butler, on the other hand, needs to win tonight.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Butler is a well-coached team and I love their ball movement and hustle. They just seem so slow and unathletic for a P6 team. I think Butler will do fine in the OOC, but I think they are going to struggle in the Big East.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
19-2. Seton Hall up tomorrow.

Reaction Score
19-2. Seton Hall up tomorrow.
We could pick 5 guys off the street and go 12-9 against the non- conference schedule these teams have played. Heck we could pick 5 guys from the Mansfield Middle school gym class and go 2-0 against UConn’s sched to date. The only team to actually take on a real opponent is Villanova, but they are better than their league and this is why.

Reaction Score
We could pick 5 guys off the street and go 12-9 against the non- conference schedule these teams have played. Heck we could pick 5 guys from the Mansfield Middle school gym class and go 2-0 against UConn’s sched to date. The only team to actually take on a real opponent is Villanova, but they are better than their league and this is why.

We have to appreciate your interest in UConn basketball.

Don’t we? :eek:

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
He’s probably a one and done off to the NBA. Georgetown and Patrick are headed for tough times.
Kid needs a jump shot.

Reaction Score
How about showing a little respect for the CCSU & Coppin State players.

Reaction Score
How about showing a little respect for the CCSU & Coppin State players.
I liked that little PG for CCSU reminded me of Karl Hobbs.
I think they will be better this year under Patrick.
I looked at Coppin’s schedule
and it’s brutal. I think they played 4 game in 5 days all true road games.
They still have road games with UVA and and the Bonnie’s plus other A10 teams . Their AD is borderline cruel ,however since their conference has no media deal the majority of these road games have some kind of TV coverage. That’s a big deal to the kids ,parents and fans.
Yes they’re not the best schools to play but I would never disrespect any D1 basketball player. After 4 years his student loans are $0.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yale seems kind of lazy on both ends. Seton Hall is not even playing that well and they are up 16.

Reaction Score
Yale seems kind of lazy on both ends. Seton Hall is not even playing that well and they are up 16.
this yale team stomped umass the other night. might say more about umass than yale though, if this seton hall game is any indication.

Reaction Score
Did they win the NBE tournament last year or was that an 80s TV rerun?

Its surely starting to feel like 80s TV rerun.

Since winning the BET they had a ton of turnover and start the season with a loss vs. Dartmouth

shizzle787

Reaction Score
20-2. Two big games tomorrow.

Reaction Score
20-2. Two big games tomorrow.

I think this will be a tough night for the BE. Marquette's team is not ready to face another power program yet and while I think Providence has a shot because WI is young and doesn't have any outstanding talent, it's very hard to win in the Kohl center.

I think the rest of the conference will make up for it in the later games, but after tonight and tomorrow it'll probably be 3-1 B10 (I think it ends 4-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom