Big East OOC tracker | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nova's guards can move, but they're stronger than they are vertical.
Yes nova has a great set of power guards who thrive on playing bully ball and hitting open 3's but not speed. The UCLA game was a guard battle of speed vs bully ball. The only truly quick guard that will get PT is Bryan Antoine when he comes back. CG wasn't that fast before he blew his knee out, moore is a protype power guard, and daniels has average speed imo.

Last edited:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
37-4. DePaul needs to finish the deal.

Reaction Score
Super great outcome for the league again. Big day and week tomorrow. UConn will join the rral party this week!! Lets gooo

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Avoiding bad losses is as important for the conference computer rankings as getting good wins, and Depaul dodged a bullet last night against a Western Illinois team that will be ranked outside the top 200 by year end.

Reaction Score
Great day lined up of early season tournament games:

1 PM - ABC: Villanova v Purdue - Hall of Fame Tip-Off Championship

My #1 concern for Villanova is that I am not confident that Eric Dixon and/or Jermaine Samuels have the size and/or defensive ability to defend Purdue's elite center duo of Zach Edey and Trevion Williams (combined 40.1p, 16.5r, 4a, 2.8b). It was rumored in the preseason that they might spend time on the floor together, but so far, they've tag-teamed at the 5 and totally dominated. I'd be shocked if Nova wins.

5:45 PM - ESPN3: Creighton v Colorado State - Paradise Jam Semis

A real nice top-60 matchup. Colorado State is one of my favorite mid-majors and they are led by 6'5 250 junior David Roddy (20.5p, 9.8r, 2.3a, 1.3s, 1.5b, 55.8 fg%) and I imagine he'd be defended by former D2 MIAA conference DPOY Ryan Hawkins. At 6'7 225, he has the size to battle Roddy, plus Arthur Kaluma's rim protection will provide key help D.

Another good matchup: Colorado State's Isaiah Stevens (1.8 steals/game) against freshman point guard Ryan Nembhard.

7:30 PM - ESPN - Marquette v Saint Bonaventure - Charleston Classic Championship

So excited for this game! To beat the Bonnies, it's all about defending their big guards, especially Kyle Lofton, who should be shadowed by Darryl Morsell all game. However, who's going to hard 6'4 210 Jaren Holmes (16.8p, 7r)? Can Kolek handle the job?

Led by Osun Osunniyi, the Bonnies are an elite interior defensive team, but since Kur Kuath is not a factor offensively, it kind of neutralizes Osunniyi's defensive upside. Due to their size and seniority, my guess is the Bonnie win. Would be a HUGE win for Marquette if they can eek one out.

Reaction Score
Each game played subtracts from the preseason weight. It's gone entirely by January.
So does it make early wins look better if you beat overranked teams or does that shift when the mirage falls away?

Also we need to do well today OOC because Monday looks like a couple of mismatches. Not bad for SOS but will ding us a bit in the WL. Today is no walk either.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have watched Villanova do this for years, but I still do not agree with them passing up layups to kick it out for 3 point attempts. The probability weighted outcome of that decision just seems bad to me.

Reaction Score
Four minutes into the game and Purdue is now officially my favorite non-UConn team.

Between the excitement of Jaden Ivey, the big duo of Edey/Williams and my general appreciation of Matt Painter, such an easy team to root for.

I gotta give a shout out to Trevion Williams. One of the best low-post passers in the game and even though he's lost his starting job as a senior, he's taken it with class. Here's an example:

Reaction Score
It says Nova game is supposed to be on ABC and it's not? Anyone know where to get the game?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Four minutes into the game and Purdue is now officially my favorite non-UConn team.

Between the excitement of Jaden Ivey, the big duo of Edey/Williams and my general appreciation of Matt Painter, such an easy team to root for.

I have always liked Purdue's style, and was a fan of Keady too. The problem they both have is they have struggled to land NBA caliber talent, and that is why Purdue has not made the NBA Final Four since 1980. Keady got Glenn Robinson, which was his only first round draft pick in his career. Painter has had Jujuan Johnson, and E'Twaun Moore was a second round pick.

That said, Painter has been a consistent winner for a long time, and is probably one of the Top 20 college men's coaches.

Reaction Score
NO ABC on TV? weird
My ABC outlet, Ch 10 in South Florida, appears to be showing local programming until soccer starts at 3:00p! That's what happens when you live in a place where almost no one cares about sports unless the ball is brown and pointy. Or soccer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom