Big East OOC Thread 23/24 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC Thread 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SJU imploded a bit at the end of the first half. Gave up 48, yikes

They look completely different than last year. Night and day difference. This team is going to be good by the end of the season

caw

Reaction Score
SJU looks better than last year but they still look disjointed. A mash of a lot of good talent that isn't quite playing like a team yet. If they click they will be dangerous. Not sure they have the PG to pull the team together though.

Reaction Score
SJU looks better than last year but they still look disjointed. A mash of a lot of good talent that isn't quite playing like a team yet. If they click they will be dangerous. Not sure they have the PG to pull the team together though.
Yeah, the offense feels pretty disjointed and they’ve been forced to settle for too many contested shots. Definitely a night and day difference with talent level though.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
This reads like a message from 2022 or a stray post from the PC message board.

Anyway, start with the number 10 recruiting class for 2024 in year one. First steps.

Gotta love how the G'town segment is the only one that has no coach, just people walking away, in the photo. #FriarJ must love this

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This reads like a message from 2022 or a stray post from the PC message board.

Anyway, start with the number 10 recruiting class for 2024 in year one. First steps.

It does read like a message from 2022! In fact, here is a post I made in 2022 talking about how your coach just isn‘t that good.

Transfer Portal

You might want to take a closer look at Cooley’s resume. It’s a lot of having legit talent and losing to the Rhode Islands, UMasses, College of Charlestons, and Long Beach States of the world. It’s really no surprise that without talent he would lose to a team ranked 300+ in Kenpom.

The guy is a solid coach. Definitely top 40-50. Paying him top 5 money is…….a look.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
#0 on Michigan is carving SJU up. They can't stay in front of him. Not sure if it's because he's super fast or because they just aren't great perimeter defenders, but good to takes notes for conference play..

3 times this half that he just ran right by his defender and got to the rim

Reaction Score
Starting to get out of hand. Michigan is pulling Soriano out to the perimeter and then owning the paint. SJU has some talent but they are outmatched athletically and are getting pushed around

Michigan up 17, this one may be over. 1-0 for the Big Ten

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
This St John’s VS Michigan game has been amazing so far. They both look better than whatever we saw against Arizona/Duke
That 70S Show Lol GIF by Peacock

caw

Reaction Score
Every pass SJU makes just seems a hair off. A bit too high, a bit late, just off.

Reaction Score
They’ve got the offensive and defensive cohesion of a rec center pickup game.
I'd be embarrassed to be a SJU fan. Sure it's year 1 of a rebuild, but they were the 3rd team out of the top 25 today. I don't think last year's St Johns team would lose this game this badly..

Reaction Score
Legit curiosity. Do you post more here, or a Cincy board?
They obviously don’t have a message board. Or he just likes to associate with a winner. Either way it’s pretty pathetic. Like there’s nothing in the world that would make me go post on another board. Nothing. But then again, I have a life. And a real team of my own to discuss.

Reaction Score
St. John's offense is bad. So much 1 on 1.
St. John's defense is bad. Can't stay in front of anyone 1 on 1.

Reaction Score
To be fair that Kenyon Martin led team was sick. If he doesn't get injured I think they make the FF.

But it's rich some guy who is a fan of a team not even in the BE, whose team lost to Utah VALLEY to end the season comes in to give s*** to a team that won a championship. Cincy couldn't beat the top half, even the top 2/3rds of the conference. Been well over a decade since they even made the second weekend.

Apparently, UConn was "lucky" in all 6 of their final fours and 5 'chips. At some point it ain't lucky anymore if it keeps happening, lol.
To be fair if Jerome Dyson didn’t get hurt we would have 6 championships in the last 25 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom