Big East OOC Thread 23/24 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC Thread 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
nothing insane about it friend.

big east or mvc at some point it's just splitting hairs. all are mid majors that care about basketball so sometimes they'll make lucky runs (uconn, witchita, loyola, etc) and other times they'll stink (depaul, georgetown, uni, etc).
National champions, most chips in last 25 years, and best basketball conference in the nation = "mid majors". You're a funny dude

Reaction Score

big east or mvc at some point it's just splitting hairs. all are mid majors that care about basketball so sometimes they'll make lucky runs (uconn, witchita, loyola, etc) and other times they'll stink (depaul, georgetown, uni, etc).
Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

Why do you put cheddar cheese and chili on top of spaghetti?

caw

Reaction Score

Legit curiosity. Do you post more here, or a Cincy board?

Reaction Score
How about actually since the Big O?
To be fair that Kenyon Martin led team was sick. If he doesn't get injured I think they make the FF.

But it's rich some guy who is a fan of a team not even in the BE, whose team lost to Utah VALLEY to end the season comes in to give s*** to a team that won a championship. Cincy couldn't beat the top half, even the top 2/3rds of the conference. Been well over a decade since they even made the second weekend.

Apparently, UConn was "lucky" in all 6 of their final fours and 5 'chips. At some point it ain't lucky anymore if it keeps happening, lol.

Reaction Score
To be fair that Kenyon Martin led team was sick. If he doesn't get injured I think they make the FF.

But it's rich some guy who is a fan of a team not even in the BE, whose team lost to Utah VALLEY to end the season comes in to give s*** to a team that won a championship. Cincy couldn't beat the top half, even the top 2/3rds of the conference. Been well over a decade since they even made the second weekend.

Apparently, UConn was "lucky" in all 6 of their final fours and 5 'chips. At some point it ain't lucky anymore if it keeps happening, lol.
He clearly lives in seinfeld upside down world

Reaction Score
How about actually since the Big O?
He
Actually they won both championships after the Big O left and would have won a third in a row if not for Loyola of Chicago.
That‘s true Paul Hogue was their star on a team with guys like Ron Bonham and Tom Thacker . They played in the MVL great basketball conference before it was destroyed .
All three had brief NBA careers.
They upset a legendary college team twice ,Ohio State preventing them from a three-peat
*John Hondo Havlicek , *Jerry Lucas *,Larry Siegfried Mel Nowell and a guy named Bobby Knight .

* 1 draft picks .
I listened to those games on the radio.
It’s true that Loyola win came from left field

Reaction Score

We beat a good Cincy team in 95 with Fortson, Long, Legree and more pretty handily. No Kenyon yet but that team he was on prior to his injury was very good. It’s as good as it gets for kobe, “if” he didn’t get injured LOL. Cincy sucks now.

Reaction Score
We beat a good Cincy team in 95 with Fortson, Long, Legree and more pretty handily. No Kenyon yet but that team he was on prior to his injury was very good. It’s as good as it gets for kobe, “if” he didn’t get injured LOL. Cincy sucks now.
I vaguely remember that, but I was 10, so not too much. Sadly the UCLA game is clearer in my memory. Florida (9) and UCLA are my first clear memories.

Reaction Score
I vaguely remember that, but I was 10, so not too much. Sadly the UCLA game is clearer in my memory. Florida (9) and UCLA are my first clear memories.

Ray and the gang took out some real good teams that year in Cincy and Maryland with Joe Smith. I will have to look up the others prior to the great up and down game with UCLA.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

It must be weird to wave good bye to a leprechaun and then watch him do something at another program that Cinci wont see in your lifetime - an NCAA tournament game beyond the 1st weekend

Reaction Score
Kobe made a real heel turn. He’s the Yard’s equivalent of a WWE wrestler. The character is funny and it’s about to get funnier, because Cincy isn’t going to be any good in the B12.
He used to actually engage on topics and have some insights…now he’s just like one big useless joke he keeps repeating

Reaction Score
Lol who was the coach then, Huggy Bear?

Sweet sixteen exit at best. Coach would have folded under the pressure. There's a reason people turn to drink, and it's not because they are good at coping with high stress scenarios.

Cinci did win a lot of Conf USA titles during those years, though. Maybe the team should go back there. Glory days, and all.

Reaction Score
Does Xavier have any shot tonight? I haven’t seen them at all but 17 is quite the spread

Reaction Score
Is the help coming in the form of a different coach who is better at coaching? Because that’s your actual problem.
This reads like a message from 2022 or a stray post from the PC message board.

Anyway, start with the number 10 recruiting class for 2024 in year one. First steps.

Reaction Score
UConn will be favored in both games so in essence they should win both. But the Huskies lost to St. John's last year once. At home. When they arguably had a better team than this year's team and St. John's had a much worse team. So losing to them isn't out of the question. Not at all. Are there any Big East easy wins? Most games are competitive.
Yup. There's a lot of pride in the BE with few gimmes. Just about every season, UConn gets sucker punched, losing to a lesser team. I don't like losing to St John's, especially now with Rick Pitino coaching them, but I would not be shocked if that happens. Considering they are reigning National Champions, teams are going to be gunning for them. They're going to have to bring it every conference game to prevent some losses when favored, which happened last year (SJ and SH losses come to mind).

With that said, playing their best ball late in the season and cutting down the nets when it counts most is what UConn is all about!

Reaction Score
I see why Alleyne transferred to St John’s. His light is GREEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member