Big East OOC Thread 23/24 | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC Thread 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm already worried about Nova's tournament resume lol. They already have 3 losses that are best case scenario Q3 losses, and they still have Kansas St and UCLA in the non con schedule

Reaction Score
Reality Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight
Your team barely squeaked by a college named for the 3 Stooges. Who’s the one deflecting???

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I'm already worried about Nova's tournament resume lol. They already have 3 losses that are best case scenario Q3 losses, and they still have Kansas St and UCLA in the non con schedule
LOL Now watch them beat both

Reaction Score
Have you seen UCLA? The fighting Mick Cronins are not gonna be good this year. They just barely beat UC Riverside.

KState is about their level and that should be a good game

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The end of the TCU/Georgetown game was insane. TCU's player was clearly out of bounds, but I am not sure if that is reviewable.

Reaction Score
He stepped on the line. The ref wasn’t even looking at the line

Reaction Score
Can't overturn an OB call that the ref didn't make. TCU got away with one. SMH

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The NCAA has to issue a statement that the call was incorrect and clearly missed by the referees. Destroy the refs in the statement. Then flag the game for the Selection Committee in March. TCU can get credit for the win in the standings, but the Selection Committee needs to treat it like a loss.

Reaction Score
The NCAA has to issue a statement that the call was incorrect and clearly missed by the referees. Destroy the refs in the statement. Then flag the game for the Selection Committee in March. TCU can get credit for the win in the standings, but the Selection Committee needs to treat it like a loss.
100% correct but 0% it happens

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Can't overturn an OB call that the ref didn't make. TCU got away with one.

When you see a screwup like that, you realize how badly some of these refs just suck. If the official was standing on the line, and the TCU player was outside of him, wouldn't it occur to the official to look at the sideline?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
100% correct but 0% it happens

The Selection Committee generally digs pretty deep into the bubble teams, and TCU is likely to be right on the bubble.

Reaction Score
The Selection Committee generally digs pretty deep into the bubble teams, and TCU is likely to be right on the bubble.
I really doubt they do that. You can’t even say TCU would have lost 100% of the time because Georgetown should have been taking the ball out on the sideline with 1.5 seconds left if they made the correct call. Crazier things have happened than Georgetown not getting the ball in bounds and then TCU making another 3. I mean the thing that actually happened is crazier than that.

I figure this is just Ed Cooley karma kicking in.

Reaction Score
This includes us. Two more chances for some great wins.

5 or 6 bids relax. Providence and st johns. Providence Wisconsin win looking better everyday. St johns West Virginia road win will look better when krisa returns and other transfer ncaa denied is accepted

Reaction Score
They also won battle of atlantis

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I really doubt they do that. You can’t even say TCU would have lost 100% of the time because Georgetown should have been taking the ball out on the sideline with 1.5 seconds left if they made the correct call. Crazier things have happened than Georgetown not getting the ball in bounds and then TCU making another 3. I mean the thing that actually happened is crazier than that.

I figure this is just Ed Cooley karma kicking in.

Are you on the record for a 20-10 TCU team getting a bid over a similar ACC, Big 10, Big East and SEC team?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The ref was standing no more than 6 feet from the shot and didnt look at the players feet at all when he was so close to the sideline.
Criminal but this is the NCAA refs - 80% garbage

Reaction Score
The thing about "not reviewable because of no call on the court" is... there's never going to be a "call" on someone being in-bounds, so they're effectively saying that missed out-of-bounds are always unreviewable but incorrect out-of-bounds would be reviewable?

Shouldn't the act of not calling out-of-bounds be a de facto "call" for in-bounds?

Reaction Score
The thing about "not reviewable because of no call on the court" is... there's never going to be a "call" on someone being in-bounds, so they're effectively saying that missed out-of-bounds are always unreviewable but incorrect out-of-bounds would be reviewable?

Shouldn't the act of not calling out-of-bounds be a de facto "call" for in-bounds?
Yup. And even the whole "can't review if he was out of bounds" thing is dumb. I get not reviewing foul calls, which are judgement calls (although in NBA you get 1 foul review call), but their is no subjectivity to whether the player is inbounds or out of bounds-it's black and white with no gray area.

Reaction Score
So FS1 just not gonna show a score for this Prov/RI game? Been watching for the past 5 minutes and no score, I get technical issues but damn, the announcer isn't even updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom