Big East OOC 2.0 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC 2.0

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
5 games tonight.

you should begin each new thread with a link to your original post.

"Anyway, the goal is to get 7 teams cleanly in the field (no first four). In order to do so, the league would do well to win 100 games OOC. 100-21 is the goal to attain."

If the BigEast puts 7 teams in tourney I'll quit Arby's for 12 months.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The people who make the decisions won't remember what happened in either game. Just who won.

Not exactly true. The NET does factor in margin of victory indirectly through offensive and defensive efficiency ratings, as does KENPOM, which is also used by the NCAA Selection Committee for selection and seedings. The Big East has quite a few "attaboy" losses of under 5 points that will help in the computer rankings.

Reaction Score
St. John’s is in ourleague and Cuse is not. Otherwise is there a reason to hate Cuse more? Nope. This like someone telling me to root for the Red Soxbecause they are in the AL East. Yeah sure I will. Still remember the abuse by St. John’s fans in the Garden when they beat us in BE Championship game years back.
My take is that our offense is more disciplined, we have better shooters, but they have a toughness and rebounding could be a problem. Lots of fouls and it’s no cakewalk. Soriano will be a big obstacle down there for Sanogo, Clingan better be tough that day. Hope I’m wrong.
Rooting for your league helps raise the profile and ranking of the league which benefits uconn directly. The opposite is true in the mlb standings, so your looking at it kind of backwards imo

Reaction Score
If the BigEast puts 7 teams in tourney I'll quit Arby's for 12 months.
Now I'm gonna have to root for the Johnnies and Pirates.

1669220253805.png

Reaction Score
Interestingly enough, Kenpom has #32-35 all BE teams. Nova, SJU, Xavier, Seton Hall in that order. Creighton and UConn in the top 20

I know Kenpom 1-64 is not how seeding is picked, but for simplicity's sake..that currently puts 6 teams comfortably in the tournament with Marquette (#64) and Providence (#67) as "on the bubble"

SJU is out of quality OOC games. Villanova could see UNC this weekend. Seton Hall plays Kansas. Xavier has West Virginia and Florida which are decent games.

The BE lost a lot of games it shouldn't have so far, but it could still send a lot of teams into March! These early season resume boosters can really come in handy as we've learned the last 2 seasons

Reaction Score
Cuse board never disappoints.
They're all trashing Joe Girard and Boeheim but my two favorite takes...

Judah Mintz is an Allen Iverson clone and St. John's is a top 10 team.
The AI quote reminded me of our very own “Polley to Duncan Robinson” comparison.
Before Duncan got paid & started stinking (or playing more within who Robinson is)

Reaction Score
Interestingly enough, Kenpom has #32-35 all BE teams. Nova, SJU, Xavier, Seton Hall in that order. Creighton and UConn in the top 20

I know Kenpom 1-64 is not how seeding is picked, but for simplicity's sake..that currently puts 6 teams comfortably in the tournament with Marquette (#64) and Providence (#67) as "on the bubble"

SJU is out of quality OOC games. Villanova could see UNC this weekend. Seton Hall plays Kansas. Xavier has West Virginia and Florida which are decent games.

The BE lost a lot of games it shouldn't have so far, but it could still send a lot of teams into March! These early season resume boosters can really come in handy as we've learned the last 2 seasons
The 64 and 67 KenPom teams will be nowhere near the bubble. The bubble teams are in the low 40s

Reaction Score
Rooting for your league helps raise the profile and ranking of the league which benefits uconn directly. The opposite is true in the mlb standings, so your looking at it kind of backwards imo
League profiles go up and and down as teams and coaches change. The ACC rode high a very long time, the SEC was a joke. In general I would root for a BE team against other conferences but I have acquaintances who are Pitt and St.John’s people (Pitt’s fans suck) and we now hate Pitt and Cuse cause they’re out but should root for St.John’s? Their fans are obnoxious and just as bad. Just don’t buy into this conference kumbaya thing. For me it’s individual matchups for who I root against based on past history. Who do I dislike most? Duke. Many are tied for #2 but I just don’t hate Cuse the way so many here do.

Reaction Score
Just turned on the TV and Georgetown down 4 against American w/ 8 minutes remaining.

The 2-2 American are ranked 301st in the nation.

Akok (14p, 6r, 3-4 from three) and Spears (13 p, 5a, 2s) have been easily the team's best players.

Does Ewing last the full season?

I feel like no matter their record, Patriot teams play such heady ball.

Reaction Score
Just turned on the TV and Georgetown down 4 against American w/ 8 minutes remaining.

Akok (14p, 6r, 3-4 from three) and Spears (13 p, 5a, 2s) have been easily the team's best players.

I would say Georgetown has given up on their basketball program but they certainly don't pay like they've given up. Ewing's base salary is $4 million per year and from what I gather if they fire him during this season he'll get his $4 million and another $4 million for each of the next 3 seasons.

They've let John Thompson's kid run their program into the ground, it's all really strange.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would say Georgetown has given up on their basketball program but they certainly don't pay like they've given up. Ewing's base salary is $4 million per year and from what I gather if they fire him during this season he'll get his $4 million and another $4 million for each of the next 3 seasons.

They've let John Thompson's kid run their program into the ground, it's all really strange.
It's past time for them to have moved on from Thompson's tree, both family and former players.

Reaction Score
georgetown has gotten three steals since i tuned in - each time they have immediately thrown the ball back to the other team. unconscionable.

Reaction Score

If he wasn't a legend, he wouldn't. But he is, so he will.

Reaction Score
So...American's first win over Georgetown in 40 years.

#Power6

I want Georgetown to be good again, but that can't happen until Ewing is gone.

Also, I'm happy Akok Akok is healthy, but he deserves better than playing for Georgetown. I feel for him, such a likable dude full of life.

Reaction Score
Man, that’s a bad loss. I don’t want any Big East team to lose to a sub-300 team.

Denver Anglin hit a 3 at the end. He once seemed like a decent option for us. He’s played very sparingly this year, so it looks like we didn’t miss out on much for this year. Maybe he’ll develop his game and be a portal option in a few years.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Maybe they can fire Ewing, refuse to pay him buyout on half made up crap, and then end up giving him 20m in 5 years.

Reaction Score

Official Georgetown Twitter posted the wrong score to show that they had won the game lol. What a dumpster fire

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom