Big East OOC 2.0 | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC 2.0

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
One more chance for a BE scalp tonight with Seton Hall playing buttgers.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
KenPom: The ACC is closer to the Mountain West than it is to the Big East!

View attachment 81796

MoV -- I believe this was true in the first year of the NET only. It was adjusted the following year to be capped at ten.

KenPom is not that useful until end of December at the earliest because his starting point data still has a huge influence on the standings through December.

The Jerry Palm article spells out the problems with NET. Unless there has been a change in the last year, those are still issues.

caw

Reaction Score
And as a counter, I submit 2016.

2011 got a 3-seed. That was actually a very good seed.

2014 got underseeded, but that team was playing great. Still, they had a tough first round game they nearly lost, and the Regionals were in MSG. Let's not. make the exception (and I'd suggest only 2014 is the exception) the rule.

Agreement on 2014 being under-seeded, but probably not by much, they weren't a bubble team but probably could have been a 5 or 6 seed at best. Only had one bad loss to Houston, the rest came to quality teams.

Basically UL had UConn's number that year and gave UConn three of their eight losses. Just a horrid matchup for UConn. UL was a very good team that made it to the sweet 16 before they met their nemesis in UK.

SMU wasn't much better contributing to two 9 point losses and SMU wasn't horrid as they were one of the first four out, making the NIT championship.

The other three losses were not great but they were close games UConn dropped by 2 to Stanford, 4 at Houston, and 5 to a ranked Cincy.

Stanford also made the sweet sixteen that year. Cincy made the tournament and was upset in the first round but was a 2 seed.

I think what UL did to UConn that year weighs heavily in people's mind, but they forget it was like rock-paper-scissors for UL, UConn, UK and UF.

UL 3-0 UConn
UConn 2-0 UF
UF 3-0 UK
UK 2-0 UL

The only thing throwing that off was UConn 1-0 UK.

Reaction Score
The announcers talking about all the great defense being played seems…. generous. Great defense is not the only way to have a low scoring game.
First team to 48 wins...yuck. That said go Hall.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
55 points should be more than enough to get the win. Heck 50 might be the winning number.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom