Big East, MSG to announce extension of Big East Tournament through 2028 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Big East, MSG to announce extension of Big East Tournament through 2028

Reaction Score

If you had just cut it off after the first sentence, you would have succeeded in your quest to crash the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
The catholic league evidently will accept converts....Any truth to the rumor that the BE is adding a Templar cross to all jersies?

Reaction Score
Do you have a job?

I've been binge watching the Man in the High Castle over the last week or two. Thus, I'm on a alternative history mental tangent.

In the same timeline, I do not have a job as I bought Apple stock in the mid 1980's and Google in the middle 1990's and have since used some of that gold I now have to plow-over most of Mansfield and Storrs and personally re-built UConn the right way.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

This makes sense with the discussions UConn has had about putting a public museum in the practice facility, especially since any Big East Hall of Fame should be at UConn or maybe Georgetown and not programs who didn't do a damn thing for 30 years.

Reaction Score

I do miss UConn v. PC games at the Dunkin. Took the train down from Boston early enough to grab dinner on Federal Hill, then a few pubs before going to the Donut. At the game, the U-C-O-N-N chant would shake the building with all of the UConn fans (at least until PC made folks by a 3-game package to get the game). After the game (credit to PC, no matter what each team's record was, the Friars always gave the Huskies a good fight), we would hit some of the finer establishments around Providence where flashing some green created some really eye-opening magic tricks before crashing on my friend's couch, who was a PC grad.

Reaction Score
This makes sense with the discussions UConn has had about putting a public museum in the practice facility, especially since any Big East Hall of Fame should be at UConn or maybe Georgetown and not programs who didn't do a damn thing for 30 years.

To be fair; PC to east coast basketball is, in size, scale and accomplishment, what Cooperstown is to baseball.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Actually, if they acknowledge that UConn was in the OBE then they will have done more that the ESPN's revisionist Requiem for the Big East

Reaction Score
"As part of our separation agreement, we negotiated that the basketball records will remain the property of the basketball schools," Providence president Fr. Brian Shanley said on a teleconference Wednesday. "The Big East will just keep going on, being the inheritor if you will, of the traditions and the records of the conference."

This is first I've seen this or anything like it. Thanks. I stand corrected.

The Catholic 7 was the name widely used in the media for the departing Big East schools at the time. It is a convenient way to characterize them. Agree it wouldn't make sense to use for the current Big East.

Hey CL82... So perhaps I wasn't Incorrect after all... It took you like four pages to get there!

Thanks!

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hey CL82... So perhaps I wasn't Incorrect after all... It took you like four pages to get there!

Thanks!
Nope, it took just one link that actually said it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom