Big East media day | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East media day

Reaction Score
The pre season POY is never listed on a conference team. They are already recognized as the best player in the league.

Actually in many D1 conferences, the preseason POY is also listed as part of the all conference team. For example, see the Big 10, the Big 12, and the ACC.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I buy that from Geno. Azzi is more mobile and can run offense where KML took up more space and so far she has demonstrated being more clutch.

Paige is just not as mobile as MoJeff but Paige is way more vocal/floor general type A than MoJeff.

sun

Reaction Score
I had to chuckle when Geno said that KK was "electric."
I used that same word myself to describe KK in a post on July 9, 2023 when I wrote:

She can be electric & energizing.

I couldn't believe that Geno even bothers to read my posts on the BY. :D

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I had to chuckle when Geno said that KK was "electric."
I used that same word myself to describe KK in a post on July 9, 2023 when I wrote:
I couldn't believe that Geno even bothers to read posts the BY. :D

She can be electric & energizing.

She's changing her name to KK Tesla. :D

Reaction Score
Actually in many D1 conferences, the preseason POY is also listed as part of the all conference team. For example, see the Big 10, the Big 12, and the ACC.
They are talking about the Big East specifically.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
1FD4E146-7F91-4129-ADCC-BC9DA9A9C536.jpeg
D29121F9-9754-44D1-9EE6-6990638D4DFF.jpeg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I commented on another thread that during her interview today, Paige had a small amount of tape on her left thumb about the size of a bandaid. Doesn’t look very serious. I’m sure she’ll be ready to go once games start for real.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I commented on another thread that during her interview today, Paige had a small amount of tape on her left thumb about the size of a bandaid. Doesn’t look very serious. I’m sure she’ll be ready to go once games start for real.
Just playing “Devil’s advocate“ here, but why would Paige need even a bandaid on it, she’s not there to play basketball but only talk basketbal…:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Nika has a high regard for herself when she was a freshman. I'm hoping for much more from KK.
Context is everything! Watch the whole clip- its anything but about an inflated ego. BTW Nika represented herself pretty well as a freshman. She came in as an unranked player and finished the season as the starting point guard. I am excited, as I assume all of us our, to see what KK brings. Nika definitely has her back. (Click attached)
https://twitter.com/i/redirect?url=...f22&uid=1482830185443565573&nid=244+276893696

Reaction Score
Just playing “Devil’s advocate“ here, but why would Paige need even a bandaid on it, she’s not there to play basketball but only talk basketbal…:rolleyes:
Look how long Aaliyah wore the mask. :p

Reaction Score
This is very encouraging. Because of the hip surgery last summer and the ongoing concussion issues which didn't allow her to even keep in shape while out, Caroline was a shadow last year of what she showed when healthy her first year. At first night you could tell she looked more like she did her freshmen season. Now if she can avoid getting hit in the head!

The other comments I find most encouraging pertain to Ice and KK. We badly need Ice to be playable from the get go, and the Willis Reed comparisons suggest Geno is pleased with what he is seeing and expects her to make a major contribution. The same for KK and the "electric" reference. In her case the need is not as strong with Nika and Paige but it implies that she is forcing Geno to use her and make her part of the rotation.

Reading between the lines with Geno is often a good way to get an idea of how things are going. Going forward the players I am most curious about are Ayanna and Amari. Their potential roles, progress in their games and of course health seem to be the main variables that are most unknown. For that reason I hope we can get more indirect feedback from Geno regarding them as they recover and prepare for the upcoming season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom