Big East may be a 1 bid league | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East may be a 1 bid league

Reaction Score
Some of you bozos can ruin anything. First year in forever this team is a bona fide threat to win the whole deal and people are bitching and moaning about the nonconference schedule.
@shizzle787 has been all over the place all day with false into. Hurley even went public with their frustration about getting the late info about who and where they would play.

I'll share that Kansas wanted a deal where uconn played them at msg, with uconn being the home team, and playing KU in KC next year. The breaking point was KU wanted a significant part of the MSG gate. Uconn and BE said no.

Reaction Score
Wow. You are a lunatic

Star Wars Thread GIF by Achievement Hunter
The delusion is real.

Reaction Score
@shizzle787 has been all over the place all day with false into. Hurley even went public with their frustration about getting the late info about who and where they would play.

I'll share that Kansas wanted a deal where uconn played them at msg, with uconn being the home team, and playing KU in KC next year. The breaking point was KU wanted a significant part of the MSG gate. Uconn and BE said no.
Good. As much as we all want this matchup to happen, you can't drop your dignity at the door either. And the games should be on campus anyway. Enough with the neutral court garbage. It serves no one except a cowardly Coach that cant handle maybe lossing a singular game that doesnt really hurt a team's resume as is. Arizona came to Hartford and the program didn't crater under the weight of the sun. Self should get off his high horse and do the same.

Reaction Score
The thread title is obviously trolling or stupid, but this is a bad, bad loss for the conference. With Villanova imploding, what big wins has the conference racked up besides us and Marquette over Baylor?

Nova can be a threat-don't count them out down the stretch or in BE Tourney. Injuries, loss of key players and a new coach contributed to the slow start. They looked like the old Nova for big stretches in win over Oklahoma. I see them getting tougher as the season progresses.

Several BE teams lost close games against strong opponents, but, there are also a number of quality wins thus far:
  • UCONN-Alabama, Iowa St., Oklahoma St
  • Creighton-Arkansas, Texas Tech
  • Villanova-Oklahoma
  • Butler-Kansas St
  • Marquette-Baylor
  • Xavier-WV
  • Seton Hall-Memphis
  • BE/Big 12 Challenge-believed we finished 5-5 against a conference that is deep with good teams.
Shows a lot of potential, but 4-5 BE teams in the tourney feels about right (based on what we have seen thus far). Hoping we can get at least 5 or more.

Reaction Score
I know for a FACT this is not true.

A6D3946B-5942-4E68-9324-B54A01117D75.jpeg

Reaction Score
Come on. Social media is no longer a new thing. How can anyone not know that sarcasm doesn’t translate to a written bulletin board?
I mean when it’s something that outrageous it should translate. Cmon now even the AAC has never been a 1 bid league

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What other leagues are really good besides the P2?

Reaction Score
Yeah this is an odd year so far. Some very good teams but none that look dominant (IMO, excluding UConn due to immense bias).

Deep group of good teams and yet there is a huge cliff as well.

Huge down year for the ACC and BE. Pac10 doesn’t look great either. BIG, SEC and Big 12 look great one week and not so great the next.

So will probably see some less than deserving teams get in from the P6 or a good handful of mid majors with good records but not any quality wins.
Looks more and more like football success driving the basketball bus. Independents like UConn and Notre Dame too.

Reaction Score
Who gives a cr@p? We could be #1 all year and shizzle and all these other handwringers will constantly whine about how weak the conference is.

They should change the name of this place from the boneyard to the nebbishyard.
Ignore is a good thing

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
UConn, Creighton, Marquette, and Xavier are tournament teams. Not sure I see anyone else making it unless Nova has a monster turnaround
Villanova is going to have a monster turnaround.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Well in reality having a bunch of tournament teams in the Big East does help the 1 team we all care about. If UConn is playing 20+ games in the conference where none of those teams are in the tournament then UConn's NCAA Tournament seeding is going to suffer. And I'm sure we'd all like the Huskies to have a high seed in the NCAA Tournament.
Plus a good conference is important for recruiting.

Reaction Score
My guess is 4 teams at the very least. UConn, Xavier, Creighton, and Marquette. If one of those teams don’t make it, St John’s and Nova seem like good bets to slot in. Let’s not forget Nova is playing without one of their best players right now.

Reaction Score
Tells me this forum consists of a lot of old people. If this was Reddit people would have understand it was a joke
I've said it a few times, and it bears repeating I guess...Just because you think it, it doesn't mean you need to type it. Also, The BY isn't Reddit. But I suppose someone needs age and wisdom to figure that one out.

Reaction Score
I've said it a few times, and it bears repeating I guess...Just because you think it, it doesn't mean you need to type it. Also, The BY isn't Reddit. But I suppose someone needs age and wisdom to figure that one out.
Reddit, Twitter, Storrs Rd. Anywhere else would have known it was hyperbole after Creightons embarrassing loss.

Sorry dad I shouldn’t have made that joke!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom