Big East may be a 1 bid league | The Boneyard

Big East may be a 1 bid league

Reaction Score
Out-hustled, out-played.

EDIT: 3 straight losses. Not good for the BE.

Reaction Score
Kalkbrenner was getting destroyed by his man. I hate to say it, but Nebraska picked them apart
For the last week or so, I've heard Kalk has been sick. Don't know if it's true or just an excuse.

FWIW, even Jays fans are calling him soft.

Reaction Score
Kaluma has underperformed. Also hilarious that after getting zero points from their bench last game, they get zero from everyone except a guy averaging 3 ppg who went off for 16. Their bench is random and all over the place - no depth. Starting lineup is darn good but wonder if they’re hitting a mini-wall already

Reaction Score
At the beginning of the season I figured we had good odds for 4-6 NCAAT teams...that may not come to fruition

caw

Reaction Score
Yea, the league looks like poop, but 4-5 teams will get in.

Yeah this is an odd year so far. Some very good teams but none that look dominant (IMO, excluding UConn due to immense bias).

Deep group of good teams and yet there is a huge cliff as well.

Huge down year for the ACC and BE. Pac10 doesn’t look great either. BIG, SEC and Big 12 look great one week and not so great the next.

So will probably see some less than deserving teams get in from the P6 or a good handful of mid majors with good records but not any quality wins.

Reaction Score
Creighton looking to lose at home to Nebraska.

Woof
St. Johns best Nebraska so what does that say, they got beat pretty bad by Iowa State today. I think that these teams get tough to beat in league play even for us. This kind of stuff happens almost every night in CBB. Way to early to make conference and bid conclusions. North Carolina lost 3 in a row.They getting a bid? Probably.

Reaction Score
UConn, Creighton, Marquette, and Xavier are tournament teams. Not sure I see anyone else making it unless Nova has a monster turnaround
Nova with Whitmore and possibly Moore by mid-season.. They'll be ok by BET time

Reaction Score
UConn, Creighton, Marquette, and Xavier are tournament teams. Not sure I see anyone else making it unless Nova has a monster turnaround
St. John’s has to be in the discussion at least. Tough game today but they are still 8-1 and mid 40s KenPom. I would anticipate them finishing with somewhere around 9-10 conference wins and 18-20 overall wins so they would be right there on the bubble.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
St. John’s has to be in the discussion at least. Tough game today but they are still 8-1 and mid 40s KenPom. I would anticipate them finishing with somewhere around 9-10 conference wins and 18-20 overall wins so they would be right there on the bubble.
Their awful OOC schedule is going to burn them.

Reaction Score
Yeah this is an odd year so far. Some very good teams but none that look dominant (IMO, excluding UConn due to immense bias).

Deep group of good teams and yet there is a huge cliff as well.

Huge down year for the ACC and BE. Pac10 doesn’t look great either. BIG, SEC and Big 12 look great one week and not so great the next.

So will probably see some less than deserving teams get in from the P6 or a good handful of mid majors with good records but not any quality wins.
No bias here. UConn is very good.

Reaction Score

I think Nova is going to be fine. Whitmore is a monster and once he is healthy he is the best guard in the conference. I love seeing them suck but they have been losing close games to meh teams without one of the best players in the league.

Reaction Score
Don't want to get into the actual thread, but at 6-3 Nebraska is now just four wins away from tying head coach Fred Hoiberg's highest season win total during his four year tenure as head coach.

It's been a cluster-show at Lincoln, but this year's team is deep: six double-digit scorers, all of which transferred within the last three offseasons.

My personal favorite is North Dakota State grad transfer Sam Greisel, a 6'7 216 point forward who is tough as nails.

Reaction Score
I could care less how many teams from the Big East make the tourney. I only care about one team.
Well in reality having a bunch of tournament teams in the Big East does help the 1 team we all care about. If UConn is playing 20+ games in the conference where none of those teams are in the tournament then UConn's NCAA Tournament seeding is going to suffer. And I'm sure we'd all like the Huskies to have a high seed in the NCAA Tournament.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Well in reality having a bunch of tournament teams in the Big East does help the 1 team we all care about. If UConn is playing 20+ games in the conference where none of those teams are in the tournament then UConn's NCAA Tournament seeding is going to suffer. And I'm sure we'd all like the Huskies to have a high seed in the NCAA Tournament.
Plus the NCAA payouts for each team. The more and the deeper they go the better for the league and UConn. Take every penny you can get.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom