Big East may be a 1 bid league | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East may be a 1 bid league

Reaction Score
Too early and too many other "locks" off to bad starts. I'm talking to you UNC.

Reaction Score
The thread title is obviously trolling or stupid, but this is a bad, bad loss for the conference. With Villanova imploding, what big wins has the conference racked up besides us and Marquette over Baylor?

Reaction Score
The thread title is obviously trolling or stupid, but this is a bad, bad loss for the conference. With Villanova imploding, what big wins has the conference racked up besides us and Marquette over Baylor?
Who gives a cr@p? We could be #1 all year and shizzle and all these other handwringers will constantly whine about how weak the conference is.

They should change the name of this place from the boneyard to the nebbishyard.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Who gives a cr@p? We could be #1 all year and shizzle and all these other handwringers will constantly whine about how weak the conference is.

They should change the name of this place from the boneyard to the nebbishyard.
I was one of the biggest proponents of joining the Big East. The league is down this year. It is what it is. We can't control that, we can't control the MTE opponents. We can however choose who we play in the BE-Big 12 challenge and the rest of the OOC. That is on the AD for giving us a steaming pile of doo.

Reaction Score
I think the league has some upsides that will play out in outer years. Coaching changes at X and Butler will pay dividends. Georgetown will likely make a change after this year and be back on upswing. Obviously Jay Wright was a huge loss and TBD on how far Nova will fall because of that. Also TBD at seton hall. But X and Butler should be a lot better going forward (not necessarily this year)

shizzle787

Reaction Score
This is just a blatant lie, just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it true
Explain to me why St. John's got Kansas at home last year when they requested them then.

Reaction Score
Explain to me why St. John's got Kansas at home last year when they requested them then.
No idea what you're even referring to, but the games are decided by Big East and Big 12 leadership and then UConn gets to decide where the game is played

shizzle787

Reaction Score
No idea what you're even referring to, but the games are decided by Big East and Big 12 leadership and then UConn gets to decide where the game is played
See you have no idea because you don't know. I do. It was mentioned specifically on the FS1 telecast last year. The schools have a say. So do the networks. You and I both know the networks wanted UConn-Baylor. One of the schools two balked. I'm not going to tell you who but you can figure it out.

Reaction Score
See you have no idea because you don't know. I do. It was mentioned specifically on the FS1 telecast last year. The schools have a say. So do the networks. You and I both know the networks wanted UConn-Baylor. One of the schools two balked. I'm not going to tell you who but you can figure it out.
Of course you're not going to tell me who balked in your made up scenario, because you have zero evidence to back up anything you say. Clowns gonna clown

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
This thread is sleeping on Xavier a little bit. Don’t want to see them in the Big East semis.

Right now looks to me like our top 4 is:

1. UConn
2. Xavier
3. Creighton
4. Marquette

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
GO BIG RED!!!!

Reaction Score
Sone of these teams will come into their own as the season progresses. Can’t see less than 4 BE teams. They might be middling but they will emerge.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Yes, now provide evidence of this. Spoiler, there's none
The UConn AD is not going to leak this. It is simple deduction. We had four possible opponents: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, and Kansas State. These options are based on the simple fact that we played WVU last year and the other five Big 12 teams were due a home game. Like mentioned before, the TV networks, schools, and conferences all have a say. St. John's requested a home game with Kansas. They got it. That may not have been the network's first choice, but St. John's got what they wanted. That had to do with them opening UBS Arena.

If you are TV exec at Fox, are you putting Baylor/UConn and Marquette/Okie State on the TV or Baylor/Marquette and UConn/Okie State? You are putting on the former. Baylor and UConn are the two bigger brands among the four. They would have been matched up. One of the two schools balked, and given the fact Baylor will play anyone anywhere, it is safe to assume that it was UConn. Now, there may have been more matchups involved in the switch up, but that is the gist.

When you claim the conferences have sole authority on this, who do you think has the biggest say in the room? Ackerman? She is chosen by the schools of which UConn and Nova are the biggest brands. They along with the networks call the shots.

Reaction Score
The UConn AD is not going to leak this. It is simple deduction. We had four possible opponents: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, and Kansas State. These options are based on the simple fact that we played WVU last year and the other five Big 12 teams were due a home game. Like mentioned before, the TV networks, schools, and conferences all have a say. St. John's requested a home game with Kansas. They got it. That may not have been the network's first choice, but St. John's got what they wanted. That had to do with them opening UBS Arena.

If you are TV exec at Fox, are you putting Baylor/UConn and Marquette/Okie State on the TV or Baylor/Marquette and UConn/Okie State? You are putting on the former. Baylor and UConn are the two bigger brands among the four. They would have been matched up. One of the two schools balked, and given the fact Baylor will play anyone anywhere, it is safe to assume that it was UConn. Now, there may have been more matchups involved in the switch up, but that is the gist.

When you claim the conferences have sole authority on this, who do you think has the biggest say in the room? Ackerman? She is chosen by the schools of which UConn and Nova are the biggest brands. They along with the networks call the shots.
I know for a FACT this is not true.

Reaction Score

Wow. You are a lunatic

Star Wars Thread GIF by Achievement Hunter

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom