Big East flexes its muscles (merged thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East flexes its muscles (merged thread)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Big time performance for PG Kendall Holmes with 3-3 from 3 and other nice plays in 4th Q who started after injuries. Did not see this coming but MD could not make 3pt shots and Diamond Miller was completely bottled up.

Reaction Score
Does unranked Depaul’s victory over Maryland devalue SC’s win against the terrapins?

(I understand SC still beat the number two team on the road.)

Reaction Score
Does unranked Depaul’s victory over Maryland devalue SC’s win against the terrapins?

(I understand SC still beat the number two team on the road.)
It's a good question. I'd say, yes, but it doesn't change anything.

I can imagine an end of season SoS tabulation.

Reaction Score
I was courtside at the women's game between Creighton and Omaha (UNO). Omaha was really outmatched size-wise but I thought they played a good game. I thought Omaha used the wrong tactics by trying to go inside to score early in the game. One of their guards from Russia had a great game shooting threes in the previous game but they didn't go to her to score at all. The Omaha guards looked like they were dribbling around trees when they went inside.
If Creighton shoots like they did in this game when UCONN visits on Dec.28th then UCONN will have their hands full.

Reaction Score
Geno's record of 1000+ wins over losses is already a record that will never be broken. Geno's current record is 1152-150. Tara's record in 7 more years of coaching is 1157-259. As of now, there are no coaches , men or women, close enough or young enough, to matter. Geno is one of a kind . There are very good coaches out there, but Geno is NO 1.
If there is one element that will make this record almost unbeatable it will be the parity of the woman’s game. It will be nearly impossible for a school to have five undefeated seasons ever again, or streaks of 100 victories in a row.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great win by DePaul. Xavier has really elevated themselves this season. Sure, while 5-0, they have played easy teams (they did beat ODU), but gave Creighton all they could handle.

Now if Providence, Georgetown, and Butler could only follow suit and get themselves out of the sub 300 RPI category...

Reaction Score
Big East is a tough conference. Undefeated may be difficult this year. Big East teams also may make deep runs in the tournament.

Reaction Score
I was courtside at the women's game between Creighton and Omaha (UNO). Omaha was really outmatched size-wise but I thought they played a good game. I thought Omaha used the wrong tactics by trying to go inside to score early in the game. One of their guards from Russia had a great game shooting threes in the previous game but they didn't go to her to score at all. The Omaha guards looked like they were dribbling around trees when they went inside.
If Creighton shoots like they did in this game when UCONN visits on Dec.28th then UCONN will have their hands full.
I'll be there although not courtside. Probably up in the nose bleeders

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
In addition:
Ranked Creighton beats Xavier 57-51
Ranked 'Nova leading Belmont by a bunch in the 3rd quarter.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
DePaul beats #14 Terrapins 76-67!
Going by their play thus far this season and taking a look at their roster, it may be a long year for the terrapins. In their 6 games, they have one quality win over # 17 Baylor 73-68. Their other loss was to #1 South Carolina 81-56 at home. This loss to unranked DePaul should cause them to fall from their current rank of #14.

Maryland is height deficient this year. Their tallest players are 6-3 Sr. Diamond Miller, and Fr. Mila Reynolds. You could look at it another way as only 3 players on their roster of 13 is under 6'0". Their next game against a ranked opponent is Dec 1, when they face #7 Notre Dame in South Bend.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Which is more good news in the sense that yet another turnover of dynasties will follow soon after the next one arrives. I wonder if this has something to do with the WNBA. The rise of the league may have provided a new career path for coaching prospects.
Rise of the WNBA, it is a league not able to survive without the NBA. There are younger successful head coaches than in the Big East. In the past few years the UCONN coaching staff got older.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Villanova in danger of losing to Belmont. 76-75 Villanova 2:40 left even with Siegrist having a phenomenal game

Reaction Score
Welcome to the top-25, Villanova. Now you get everyone's best game against you.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Seton Hall just knocked off Wisconsin 83-72 in the Virgin Islands Paradise Jam Tournament. Seton Hall Senior Lauren Park-Lane (who is my favorite non-UConn WCBB player) is still maintaining her youthful appearance. She could still pass for a 8th grader. :cool:

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Seaton Hall just knocked off Wisconsin 83-72 in the Virgin Islands Paradise Jam Tournament. Seaton Hall Senior Lauren Park-Lane (who is my favorite non-UConn WCBB player) is still maintaining her youthful appearance. She could still pass for a 8th grader. :cool:
Good reply after last second loss to VCU yesterday

Reaction Score
Not to worry. Creighton will not shoot against Uconn the way they did Omaha. Uconn's defense will not allow that to happen. I don't know for sure, but I think Creighton has never beaten Uconn and I don't see any reason they can do it when they meet for the first time this year, Uconn will be undefeated in the BE this year and the next and the next after that !! GO HUSKIES!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Big East has been tremendous this season. And recent bottom dweller Xavier was 5-0 and had a great effort against Creighton today.

Reaction Score
For people wondering where to see these teams play I remind them that (unfortunately) all big east games/teams are on Flohoops except in most cases UConn. I still have it for some unknown reason which might just be stupidity.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Any idea what happened very late in St. Johns game vs Memphis?
From what i read there was an argument on the court with 5.5 seconds left. Memphis walked off court and game over, SJ wins 61-57, Not sure if it was player vs player, player vs ref, coach vs ref, coach vs coach. Here is tweet from Memphis coach.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Any idea what happened very late in St. Johns game vs Memphis?
From what i read there was an argument on the court with 5.5 seconds left. Memphis walked off court and game over, SJ wins 61-57, Not sure if it was player vs player, player vs ref, coach vs ref, coach vs coach. Here is tweet from Memphis coach.

In case the coach deletes the tweet this is what she said.

Katrina Merriweather:
We will control what we can & get better. We had plenty of opportunities. I will always stand up for my young women. I will not EVER accept blatant bias & disrespect from anyone. Neither will my SQUAD. We are perfectly okay with people not knowing our side of the story.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom