Big East feel today | The Boneyard

Big East feel today

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
ESPN is celebrating Ray Allen’s shot in the UConn-Georgetown matchup. Also a few Big East coaches commented on the impending move today:

watching the highlight on Twitter this morning, it was hilarious watching iverson complain about two obvious fouls where he absolutely decked jump shooters.

typical AI

Reaction Score
It’s because Dick Vitale said “with these group of people” and ESPN didn’t fact check. I give them credit for even posting it so I can’t complain.

I always thought that was an awkward commentary as they won the title...
."first big east title with this group of people". You'd think he would have been better prepared with something....anything...

Reaction Score
Learn something new every day. 1996. UConn's first Big East championship. I had always had the impression they won the BE during dream season.

They did win the Big East tourney in '90 during the Dream Season. Beat Top Ten Georgetown and Syracuse teams on consecutive days.

Reaction Score
watching the highlight on Twitter this morning, it was hilarious watching iverson complain about two obvious fouls where he absolutely decked jump shooters.

typical AI
Ricky Moore put him on lock. All my gtown boys were salty after that game. I’ll never forget that game. Sat. Night - the garden- I think UConn was number 6 in country , gtown was like #3. Ray ray vs iverson- Dickie V was doing the game (before he got annoying) lol. Electric atmosphere

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I always thought that was an awkward commentary as they won the title...
."first big east title with this group of people". You'd think he would have been better prepared with something....anything...

Technically isn't every championship in college almost always a first "with this group of people"?

Reaction Score
YEah, tweet was wrong. UConn won the BET and regular season for the first time in 1990.
[/QUOTE]
In 1990
We were actually tied for first with Cuse
as 12-4 Georgetown was 11-5
Cuse somehow got the 1 seed in the Tourney
we had to beat Georgetown and Cuse on consecutive days to win it.
JC won COY

Last edited:

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
ESPN is celebrating Ray Allen’s shot in the UConn-Georgetown matchup. Also a few Big East coaches commented on the impending move today:

It was not UConn's first title. ESPN employs morons.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It’s because Dick Vitale said “with these group of people” and ESPN didn’t fact check. I give them credit for even posting it so I can’t complain.
It’s always hilarious to me how often they show that clip with Dicky V’s comment

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
We won the Big East tourney in 1990
Beating Cuse and Georgetown on back to bavk

In 1990
We were actually tied for first with Cuse
as 12-4 Georgetown was 11-5
Cuse somehow got the 1 seed in the Tourney
we had to beat Georgetown and Cuse on consecutive days to win it.
JC won COY
Clinched our share of the reg season title at Conte Forum!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom