Big East Expansion? | The Boneyard

Big East Expansion?

Reaction Score
Okay Val, pick from Duke, North Carolina, Gonzaga, bringing back Miami & Syracuse, UCLA the entire B1G. No one else matters.
AND not happening!

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
If we have to focus on bringing in religiously affiliated schools it can only be Gonzaga. Money will trump travel but only concern if they will be allowed to keep Olympic sports in WAC.

Why not the others
  1. I can't see Xavier wanting Dayton which is so close to them in the conference competing for players.
  2. VCU market is there but since Shaka they just don't move the needle
  3. St. Louis is a nice market, helps connect Creighton closer to the conference, but ehhhh.
  4. Loyola Chicago- A great market we already have
  5. St Bonaventure- Orleans NY... enough said!

Reaction Score
If we have to focus on bringing in religiously affiliated schools it can only be Gonzaga. Money will trump travel but only concern if they will be allowed to keep Olympic sports in WAC.

Why not the others
  1. I can't see Xavier wanting Dayton which is so close to them in the conference competing for players.
  3. St. Louis is a nice market, helps connect Creighton closer to the conference, but ehhhh.
Agree in St. Louis. St. Thomas out of MSP is new to DI, but is amitious and fits the model and adds a good size market. Davidson could be a good fit, basketball oriented in a new and large market.

Reaction Score

Why not the others
I cannot believe we're in a conference where there's discussion about adding the schools on that list.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
here come the arrows - I admit none of these are too exciting:

1) St Louis (western member of the A10 will find the BE is actually easier for their travel/good academics to boot and decent endowment, fills in map nicely).
2) VCU or JMU (either one helps add a large student body in a state that has decent growth/JMU would need to boldly go to independent football)
3) Memphis (the AAC is a dumpster fire, would/could both parties be attracted to this? Memphis could try independent football)
4) Buffalo (large state university - could move football to independent/fills in map pretty well)

Fun adds that will never happen:
5) Temple
6) UMass
7) Dayton (I guess this is fun)
8) Wichita (I think they are just too far off the map in Oklahoma to appeal to the BE).

Reaction Score
They are figuring out how/if they can make Gonzaga work. They are #12 or the BE stays at 11.

Reaction Score
here come the arrows - I admit none of these are too exciting:

1) St Louis (western member of the A10 will find the BE is actually easier for their travel/good academics to boot and decent endowment, fills in map nicely).
2) VCU or JMU (either one helps add a large student body in a state that has decent growth/JMU would need to boldly go to independent football)
3) Memphis (the AAC is a dumpster fire, would/could both parties be attracted to this? Memphis could try independent football)
4) Buffalo (large state university - could move football to independent/fills in map pretty well)

Fun adds that will never happen:
5) Temple
6) UMass
7) Dayton (I guess this is fun)
8) Wichita (I think they are just too far off the map in Oklahoma to appeal to the BE).
You realize Wichita is in KANSAS not too far from Creighton right?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You realize Wichita is in KANSAS not too far from Creighton right?
Yep... but it is just pushes the map further west. I just dont see Wichita being worth the effort.

Reaction Score
I cannot believe we're in a conference where there's discussion about adding the schools on that list.
We get it, you're super upset we left the AAC. We know you like to whine in every thread you can about it.

We know that you would piddle yourself with glee to share a conference with Tulane and be arguing whether we should be adding powerhouses like Charlotte, Georgia State, UTSA, James Madison, and Rice to backfill it. You are more than welcome to simply not post and assume we all know your really really mad online about it.

Reaction Score
Add 3 western schools then make two 7 team divisions to reduce excessive travel for non basketball sports.

Add Gonzaga and St. Mary’s for sure, and either Loyola Marymount (grabs a portion of the Los Angeles media market), or Pepperdine.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We get it, you're super upset we left the AAC. We know you like to whine in every thread you can about it.

We know that you would piddle yourself with glee to share a conference with Tulane and be arguing whether we should be adding powerhouses like Charlotte, Georgia State, UTSA, James Madison, and Rice to backfill it. You are more than welcome to simply not post and assume we all know your really really mad online about it.
The point is cruising comfortably 20,000 feet over your head. The seatbelt sign is off, you may move about the cabin.

Reaction Score
The point is cruising comfortably 20,000 feet over your head. The seatbelt sign is off, you may move about the cabin.
I was hoping for a better comeback than that. That was just disappointing.

Also, how can the point be cruising 20,000 feet above my head when I'm apparently in an airplane in this poorly constructed insult?

Reaction Score
Add 3 western schools then make two 7 team divisions to reduce excessive travel for non basketball sports.

Add Gonzaga and St. Mary’s for sure, and either Loyola Marymount (grabs a portion of the Los Angeles media market), or Pepperdine.
These are awful suggestions. Who gives a about the LA media market? Every game is on FS1, which is on every cable system in the country. The only thing that matters is who people will watch, and that isn't Saint Mary's and it certainly isn't Loyola Marymount, good god.

Reaction Score
I was hoping for a better comeback than that. That was just disappointing.

Also, how can the point be cruising 20,000 feet above my head when I'm apparently in an airplane in this poorly constructed insult?
If you think any of the schools on the list, or the schools we're currently stuck with, are peer institutions then I don't know what I can to do for you. I never said I wanted us to be back in the AAC, nice job misconstruing. What I am saying is the Big East is a small time conference and we're miscast there.

Reaction Score
If you think any of the schools on the list, or the schools we're currently stuck with, are peer institutions then I don't know what I can to do for you. I never said I wanted us to be back in the AAC, nice job misconstruing. What I am saying is the Big East is a small time conference and we're miscast there.
The AAC is a much smaller time conference that nobody cares about and we're more miscast there. We all wanted the Big East to stay intact the way it was in 1991, we then wanted it to stay intact the way it was in 2005, and then we wanted to be in the Big 10 but they haven't invited us. I don't get the point of you constantly s^^tting on the Big East and the constant whining.

Reaction Score
The AAC is a much smaller time conference that nobody cares about and we're more miscast there. We all wanted the Big East to stay intact the way it was in 1991, we then wanted it to stay intact the way it was in 2005, and then we wanted to be in the Big 10 but they haven't invited us. I don't get the point of you constantly s^^tting on the Big East and the constant whining.
The current Big East is beneath us, just as the AAC was. I'm not content with this status quo, and you shouldn't be either. If you don't like my posts, put me on ignore.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
OK John ….. your above statement requires elaboration.

Please identify what option UConn now has available
Well of course right now it's the best option. That being said it's not a long term solution.

Reaction Score
OK John ….. your above statement requires elaboration.

Please identify what option UConn now has available that is better than the Big East. I can’t wait to read your delusional reply.

thanks.
Go Independence in Basketball. Keep Olympic sports in BE. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom