Big East Conference Game Thread- February | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Big East Conference Game Thread- February

Reaction Score
Except, surprisingly, Duke hasn't won the ACC regular season title in over a decade. Crazy, huh?
That’s shocking. Well, this might be the year that that little commuter school from Durham finally puts all of the pieces together and shows the country what it can do

Reaction Score
In fairness, Villanova winning the regular season title every year isn’t good for anyone- it just makes us ACC North with Villanova instead of Duke. That said, winning the regular season title when the three games you’re missing against the middle-top of the conference could have changed the outcome is a little (or a lot) hollow, but obviously not PC’s fault. Kudos to them for taking care of what they could control.
I'm assuming you're in VA based on handle, so you should know that UVA is the proper team to place in your analogy w/ 5 of the last 8!

Reaction Score
I'm assuming you're in VA based on handle, so you should know that UVA is the proper team to place in your analogy w/ 5 of the last 8!
Touché. I should probably know that since it’s looking increasingly likely that the kids are going to choose Charlottesville over Williamsburg (my alma mater) or Storrs, to my chagrin. Word on the street is that UVA’s a pretty good school though LOL

Reaction Score
Touché. I should probably know that since it’s looking increasingly likely that the kids are going to choose Charlottesville over Williamsburg (my alma mater) or Storrs, to my chagrin. Word on the street is that UVA’s a pretty good school though LOL
can confirm

Reaction Score
UConn fans tend to forget , that there was UVA , UConn connection. In fact when Lew got the powers to agree to go D1 in football . UVA was the model it wanted to emulate for a State flagship school who had a combination of Athletics and Academics. Fate and ESPN intervened.

Reaction Score
2/24/22
DePaul @ Georgetown, 8pm, CBSSN - Chick Herandez, Pete Gillen
Line: DePaul -2.5/145

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
DePaul with Freedom-Liberty only giving 2.5 to Georgetown? I’m all over DePaul here.

Reaction Score
UConn fans tend to forget , that there was UVA , UConn connection. In fact when Lew got the powers to agree to go D1 in football . UVA was the model it wanted to emulate for a State flagship school who had a combination of Athletics and Academics. Fate and ESPN intervened.
dont forget Leitao, too for bball

Reaction Score
Saturday 2/26/22

Butler @ Marquette, 1pm, FOX - Aaron Goldsmith, Jim Jackson
Line: Marquette -9/137

Seton Hall @ Xavier, 3:30pm, FOX - Tim Brando, Nick Bahe
Line:

Creighton @ 11 Providence, 8:30pm, FS1 - John Fanta, Donny Marshall
Line: Providence -5/137.5

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Marquette is in the tournament, but they are not a mortal lock yet, and they also don't want to go into the tournament with an 11 seed. And Butler doesn't suck as bad as I thought they would. This game is more interesting than I expected.

Reaction Score
Who do we want to play in the 3v6 game? I think it’s Creighton without Nembard. They look like they could lose their last 3 games against PC, UConn, and Hall.

Reaction Score
Who do we want to play in the 3v6 game? I think it’s Creighton without Nembard. They look like they could lose their last 3 games against PC, UConn, and Hall.
It's very unlikely for Creighton to fall to 6 (Seton Hall has to go 3-0, Creighton has to go 0-3), but with Nembhard injury it's potentially a little more possible. I'm still not sure it's likely they lose 2 home games.

Reaction Score
Any of Seton Hall, Xavier, Marquette is good with me

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hall is looking really good on X's court right now. Up by 10 in 2nd half, but both teams shooting well (except X at the charity stripe).

Reaction Score
Complete collapse by Xavier in the second half of this season. Would be on a seven game losing streak if not for their win over us. They played Seton Hall as close as possible on the road and now they are gonna lose by double digits at home.

Hall looks great too.

Reaction Score
This is a copy of the St John’s win over Xavier here on Xavier’s home court. That game was done with 5 min to go as SJU blew the doors open and disheartened Xavier’s home crowd

Reaction Score
Hall is dancing, Xavier has work to do. Hall struggled without Aiken but has now righted the ship. Xavier is in full collapse mode again losing 6 out of 7. It's starting to look like Steele may miss the tournament again. He's recruiting really well but there's a pattern here of them falling apart at the end of the year. Xavier expects to go to the tournament every season and it looks like Steele still may not pop his tournament cherry.

Reaction Score
Xavier's season is falling apart. They can't stop Richmond and starting to throw the ball around.
Yup Richmond giving them problems. Rhoden MVP IMO

Reaction Score
It's very unlikely for Creighton to fall to 6 (Seton Hall has to go 3-0, Creighton has to go 0-3), but with Nembhard injury it's potentially a little more possible. I'm still not sure it's likely they lose 2 home games.
creighton loses their next 2 (PC, UConn) and Hall wins their next 2 (xavier, gtown). itll come down to the last game of the season when hall visits creighton. definitley possible. would love to play a reeling creighton in the second round.

Reaction Score
i think crieghton loses their next 2 (PC, UConn) and Hall wins their next 2 (xavier, gtown). itll come down to the last game of the season when hall visits crieghton. definitley possible. would love to play a reeling creighton in the second round.
Hall's next 2 are G'Town and Creighton.

Edit- Hall just beat Xavier

Reaction Score
Xavier's tournament assurance was based on its metrics, but those are going to tank today with this 15+ loss at home. They're going to need to win a few more games, maybe both @SJU and home GTown and then at least 1, maybe 2 games in BET.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom