Big East Conference Game Thread- February | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Big East Conference Game Thread- February

Reaction Score
Gotta imagine Gillespie is gonna bang the hell out of Durham's abs when they play next.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't understand these takes that Providence will lose in a 3/14 game. They keep winning close games. They will probably be in a tight 3/14 where they close it out at the end or in overtime but I don't think they'll lose.

Luck eventually runs out.

Reaction Score
This is a league where you need to commit assault and battery down low to get a foul and they call that pedestrian crap on Nunge. Scruggs heroics aside, that effectively ended the game.
idk if it was just these few games, but my god the refs are starting to effect outcomes in games that are so bad. One of Providence's players got shoved (no call), the ref gives it Xavier ball and finally gives into giving it to Providence.

Reaction Score
This is a league where you need to commit assault and battery down low to get a foul and they call that pedestrian crap on Nunge. Scruggs heroics aside, that effectively ended the game.
The conference has to figure out if they're gonna let em play hardball or not and if so, then you can't call ticky-tac calls. Not fair to the players.

Reaction Score
How's the ref miss that hack in Butler/Seton Hall game? Literally right there.

Reaction Score
I don't understand these takes that Providence will lose in a 3/14 game. They keep winning close games. They will probably be in a tight 3/14 where they close it out at the end or in overtime but I don't think they'll lose.

Reaction Score
The Fighting Freida Felchers pull another one out of the hopper.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Because they won't be playing in their decrepit arena and by then the calendar will be March, and well...
I agree that PC never sees success in March but the XL Center is nothing to write home about and had its share of water issues last night
Being you didnt like jchuskie's NBEPOY choices, who are you thinking should win? Just asking

Reaction Score
I can't stand Providence like a lot of you on here, but they are winning games. I guarantee if UConn were winning like this it would be,we are tough, we know how to close out games. What a bunch of entitled fans we have on here. I hope Providence doesn't go further than us in tournament, but if they do, I can hear the excuses already

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
I agree that PC never sees success in March but the XL Center is nothing to write home about and had its share of water issues last night
Being you didnt like jchuskie's NBEPOY choices, who are you thinking should win? Just asking

Not sure, but it's gonna be someone with a statline better than 12/2/4. Sanogo has a better case.

Orc

Reaction Score
Congrats on their first ever big east regular season title in like 50 years . Thats probably like the peak of their accomplishment. Lol

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
friendly reminder that the first place team in the little east in ranked below the first place team in conference usa by kenpom.

#notyourfathersbigeast
bump.

an even friendlier reminder that the first place team in the little east is ranked below the third place team in the american AND the third place team in the A10.

#notevenyourolderbrothersbigeast

Reaction Score
Congrats on their first ever big east regular season title in like 50 years . Thats probably like the peak of their accomplishment. Lol
In fairness, Villanova winning the regular season title every year isn’t good for anyone- it just makes us ACC North with Villanova instead of Duke. That said, winning the regular season title when the three games you’re missing against the middle-top of the conference could have changed the outcome is a little (or a lot) hollow, but obviously not PC’s fault. Kudos to them for taking care of what they could control.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Nice win. Impressed with Durhams performance.

I’m curious though, what is your feeling on what your team is likely to do in the tournament? Can’t deny you guys are winning a lot but things like being down 19 to butler and squeaking out almost every win can’t instill a lot of confidence.

Reaction Score
In fairness, Villanova winning the regular season title every year isn’t good for anyone- it just makes us ACC North with Villanova instead of Duke. That said, winning the regular season title when the three games you’re missing against the middle-top of the conference could have changed the outcome is a little (or a lot) hollow, but obviously not PC’s fault. Kudos to them for taking care of what they could control.
Except, surprisingly, Duke hasn't won the ACC regular season title in over a decade. Crazy, huh?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom