Big East Comings and Goings - May | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East Comings and Goings - May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Georgetown adds another transfer:

Bryson Mozone, 6’6 205 GR from SC Upstate, 15.8p, 5.7r, 1.3a, 38.6 3p% (about ½ ftas from three) in 33.2 mpg.
……..and he can probably run all day long if he gets 33.2 mpg.

Reaction Score
Georgetown adds another transfer:

Bryson Mozone, 6’6 205 GR from SC Upstate, 15.8p, 5.7r, 1.3a, 38.6 3p% (about ½ ftas from three) in 33.2 mpg.
E5FADEA5-FEAD-4F4B-9FFF-10993C8872C4.jpeg

Reaction Score
Georgetown has become St. John's : a way-station with no long term planning.

Ticket sales next year haven't even been announced. There's a trend here.

attendance_405.jpg

Reaction Score
Georgetown has become St. John's : a way-station with no long term planning.

Ticket sales next year haven't even been announced. There's a trend here.

View attachment 76424
And that's really too bad. IMO for the Big East to optimize it's branding and long term on court success it needs UConn, Nova, GTown, and St. John's to be perennially top 25 teams (added bonus would be DePaul/Marquette for Chicago market). UConn and Nova have the national recognition and respect and are blue bloods or elite programs with historical success. GTown and St. John's are in major cities and could captivate those cities on some level which in turn would give them some national prominence, but they just have not had the success to warrant that. People in NYC and DC will simply and easily turn their attention to the other many sports & entertainment options that exist within those cities.

I guess what I am really trying to say is, as UConn fans and BE fans, we should be pulling for GTown and St. John's to be successful year after year. Plus, it would help BE recruiting in NYC and DC area even more.

Reaction Score
I kinda like their roster this year...it wouldn't surprise me if they finish in the 7/8 range. It also wouldn't surprise me if they go 0-20 again
Me too. Lots of mystery in how Ewing will build his rotations, but they certainly don't lack volume.

They're rich with guards (Harris/Anglin/Heath/Spears) and smaller wings (Murray/Mozone/Murray/Bristol/Riley).

I'm still lukewarm on their 4s/5s (Mutombo/Akok/Wilson/Ezewiro/Bass), but he needs just one of those guys to truly step up.

Personally, if Georgetown wants to take the next step, I'd expect Dante Harris to play less than what he has in the last two seasons (30+ mpg). 40.9 2p%, 26.8 3p% won't cut it for a Big East caliber starting guard.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
If yelling “rebound” at the top of your lungs as many times as possible during every game constitutes great coaching, GTown will no doubt be at the top of the league this year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn and Nova have the national recognition and respect and are blue bloods or elite programs with historical success.

I remember GTown having historical success and I think they won the NBE tournament 2020-21. While they had a really bad record last season, they were competitive in many games. They are not on the same level as Nova, but again, in the NBE, nobody but Creighton comes close in the past 6 years

I have little doubt that GTown and St Johns will be consistently strong very soon and watch out for DePaul.

Reaction Score

Sorry if this has been posted already, but last I heard was that he was not coming back, so this is good news for Hall. They were a little thin in the front court especially with Obiagu graduating.

Reaction Score

Sorry if this has been posted already, but last I heard was that he was not coming back, so this is good news for Hall. They are a little thin in the front court at the moment especially with Obiagu graduating.

I had no idea he was even considering returning.

This is huge news for Seton Hall. I agree with everything you mentioned, in addition to Yetna's return allows him to start at the 4 and then forces a nice competition between Jackson and Samuel for minutes.

My guess is Seton Hall will add another 4/5, though. They can't enter 22-23 with just three players taller than 6'6 (Yetna, Jackson, Samuel).

Reaction Score
Excellent pick up this late in the off-season.

Gibson averaged 13.3p, 39 3p% and 1.3s at Oklahoma. Prior to that, was part of very good North Texas squads.

Reaction Score
Who did Georgetown get most recently? I heard he was going to get 100K where he wanted to go but told GTown if they’d give 200K he’d go there. Crazy times man. This is from a great source too that was involved in the deal.

Reaction Score
Another backcourt addition for DePaul. Caleb Murphy was a top-100 commit for USF and their 2nd highest recruit of all-time. Not a shooter, though (61 career 3pa at a 19.7% rate):

JFL is gone, but between Jalen Terry, Umoja Gibson, Zion Cruz and Caleb Murphy, DePaul has a solid backcourt.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
As I said - watch out for DePaul

Reaction Score
Is there a site that you can figure out who transferred out and who’s coming in To a team?

Interested to see what happened with some rosters and can’t tell who’s in or out of NBA draft with so many underclassmen participating. For instance, Memphis, they didn’t really recruit the HS class well and 247 only shows two transfers in but I thought they lost most of their team. Also wondering who’s in and out for Houston As they had a couple guys at the G league combine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom