Big East Awards Announced - Sanogo and Hawkins All Big East First Team (Merged Threads) | The Boneyard

Big East Awards Announced - Sanogo and Hawkins All Big East First Team (Merged Threads)

Reaction Score
Junior Adama Sanogo and sophomore Jordan Hawkins earned the honors, as the conference announced its all-league teams on Sunday. The teams are selected by a vote of the 11 head coaches, who are not allowed to vote for their own players.

In addition, UConn freshmen Alex Karaban and Donovan Clingan were named to the BIG EAST All-Freshman Team. Karaban was a unanimous choice.

Didn't they always wait until the BET started before announcing all the awards?

Reaction Score
The cynic in me says we got two first teamers and two freshmen because we will get screwed out of the PoY and FoY honors. I hope Karaban wins, but I have no faith in the BE coaches to be objective. Afterall, we are spoiled and arrogant. ;):rolleyes:

More awards are to be announced on March 6th and 8th.

Reaction Score
The cynic in me says we got two first teamers and two freshmen because we will get screwed out of the PoY and FoY honors. I hope Karaban wins, but I have no faith in the BE coaches to be objective. Afterall, we are spoiled and arrogant. ;):rolleyes:

More awards are to be announced on March 6th and 8th.
We wouldn't be getting screwed out of POY, Kolek definitely deserves POY. Karaban deserves FOY.

Reaction Score
We wouldn't be getting screwed out of POY, Kolek definitely deserves POY. Karaban deserves FOY.
We can only hope. We'll find out on the 8th at 12:30p. They'll announce PoY, FoY, CoY and the scholar-athlete awards at that time.

Reaction Score
Six players on the first team is a pet peeve of mine. I suspect it is done to yield five after a POY is chosen, but in my view the POY should be selected from the top five vote getters, remaining on the first team.

Reaction Score
Defensive POY also.
They're announcing that and some others on Monday. From the Big East:

The BIG EAST Player of the Year will come from the All-BIG EAST First Team. The conference will announce Player of the Year, Coach of the Year, Freshman of the Year and Scholar-Athlete of the Year on Wednesday, March 8, at Madison Square Garden at 12:30 p.m. ET. Other league individual awards, including BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Year, Most Improved Player, Sixth Man Award and Sportsmanship Award will be announced Monday, March 6, at 11 a.m. ET.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t be surprised if Hawkins gets Most Improved.
As of 2/22
messages_0 (6).jpeg

Reaction Score
UConn freshmen Alex Karaban and Donovan Clingan were named to the BIG EAST All-Freshman Team. Karaban was a unanimous choice.
I “liked” this before realizing it meant Clingan was not unanimous. Let’s hope it provides just a little more motivation, although I’m sure none is needed. I’m so happy for both these guys, and for the program.

Reaction Score
Kinda impressive, interesting and odd for the 4th place team to be represented so well on the All Big East first team and freshman team.

Reaction Score
So happy for Jordan and Adama. Being selected all big east is well deserved for both players.

As a two time selection, Sanogo is in very elite company. This from the article linked:

Sanogo joins an elite group of UConn players who have been named First Team All-BIG EAST twice in their careers. He joins six others – Corny Thompson ('81,'82), Donyell Marshall ('93, '94), Ray Allen ('95. '96), Richard Hamilton ('98, '99), Emeka Okafor ('03, '04), and Shabazz Napier ('13 BIG EAST, '14 American Athletic).

I think a deep run in the tournament and some good games from Adama easily puts him in the Huskies Ring of Honor, joining everyone else on that list.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom