Big difference with Brimah | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big difference with Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You mean all the alley-oops dunks against bad teams and his horrible play at the end of last year where he got benched in favor of PN. Nope! He can block shots and is an outlet for DHAM but he isn't this great future NBA player that some want to make his out to be. Of course I rather have him in there than PN. The best offensive big guy with actual moves is SE. Did you see that lefty hook shot? The problem he is so far behind on defense.
8 of our 10 best OE games came with AB on the floor, 4 of our 5 worse came when he was out.

In about equal time AB had a OE rating of 102 and Nolan's was 56.

Reaction Score
All I'm saying is I'm not convinced he will make enough of a difference and not that he isn't better than PN. Obviously he brings a little bit more to our offense. Though he isn't Diamond Stone inside. I still want to see how he does agains a real front line like Memphis. Can't we wait to judge the guy on more than 1 game.

This is not an NBA line up or a studded lineup, but Amida held his own against some big ! There may be better bigs out there but not many bigger. I'm optimistic by what Miller and Brimah did today.

21 Chad Brown 6-9 230 F FR Deltona, Fla./Deltona
24 Tacko Fall 7-6 300 C FR Dakar, Senegal/Liberty Christian Prep (Fla.)
33 Shaheed Davis 6-9 210 F SR Warren, Ohio/Warren G. Harding/Eastern Florida State
34 Justin McBride 6-10 325 C JR Starke, Fla./Bradford
52 Staphon Blair 6-9 255 F SR Fort Lauderdale, Fla./Dillard

Reaction Score
8 of our 10 best OE games came with AB on the floor, 4 of our 5 worse came when he was out.

In about equal time AB had a OE rating of 102 and Nolan's was 56.
Dude I'm not refuting he is better than PN for our offense. I'm just saying he isn't this holy grail on offense that is a sure thing to make us an NCAA tourney team.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You mean all the alley-oops dunks against bad teams and his horrible play at the end of last year where he got benched in favor of PN. Nope! He can block shots and is an outlet for DHAM but he isn't this great future NBA player that some want to make his out to be. Of course I rather have him in there than PN. The best offensive big guy with actual moves is SE. Did you see that lefty hook shot? The problem he is so far behind on defense.

Who's calling him a great future NBA player? He's going to make this team better now that he's back, that's all that matters.

Reaction Score
This is not an NBA line up or a studded lineup, but Amida held his own against some big ! There may be better bigs out there but not many bigger. I'm optimistic by what Miller and Brimah did today.

21 Chad Brown 6-9 230 F FR Deltona, Fla./Deltona
24 Tacko Fall 7-6 300 C FR Dakar, Senegal/Liberty Christian Prep (Fla.)
33 Shaheed Davis 6-9 210 F SR Warren, Ohio/Warren G. Harding/Eastern Florida State
34 Justin McBride 6-10 325 C JR Starke, Fla./Bradford
52 Staphon Blair 6-9 255 F SR Fort Lauderdale, Fla./Dillard
They might be big but they aren't Memphis and SMU as far as talent. Wow you guys really think UCONN is tourney ready after a game against UCF?

Reaction Score
Who's calling him a great future NBA player? He's going to make this team better now that he's back, that's all that matters.
Yes but will he make them better to beat really good front lines? I'm not sure. He has never done good against SMU and had only one good game agains Memphis and of course struggled with Duke and Kentucky in past years. He even struggled with the Stanford big last year. I love AB over PN but still not sure he is this magical missing part to get us into the tourney. Would love to eat my words but just don't see it yet. I think our biggest key is running our offense through SM and JA playing the point. I did like that JA seemed to be running the offense more today even though SG's turned to selfish ways in the second half when our offense was sputtering.

Reaction Score
Yes but will he make them better to beat really good front lines? I'm not sure. He has never done good against SMU and had only one good game agains Memphis and of course struggled with Duke and Kentucky in past years. He even struggled with the Stanford big last year. I love AB over PN but still not sure he is this magical missing part to get us into the tourney. Would love to eat my words but just don't see it yet. I think our biggest key is running our offense through SM and JA playing the point. I did like that JA seemed to be running the offense more today even though SG's turned to selfish ways in the second half when our offense was sputtering.
No one is saying we are going to win a title now, people are just thrilled because he is a HUGE improvement over Nolan and makes us a better team. That is all we can ask for. Do you not want to be a better team today then we were yesterday?

Reaction Score
D2 is being very generous. HS intramurals.

Phil has many things I'm sure that you will NEVER have in life. HS intramural players like you... don't receive these rings you A*SWIPE.

husk12d.jpg

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I can't tell if we were just playing great in the first half, but the second half wasn't as pretty. Brimah definitely helps - took Hamilton 2 possessions to throw him an alley-oop.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
UCF's bigs can't elevate, particularly mcbride, which is precisely what allows Brimah's skill set to thrive. So this should be viewed from that perspective. It's likely why we chose to bring him back this game. That said, the things we wanted to see happen did, namely dham reawakening the lob game and consequently helping his midrange and adding rim protection to our improved perimeter defense forcing a team to shoot in the 20s. It wouldn't be fair to say our problems are solved, nor would it be fair to dismiss what we saw.

Reaction Score
It's simple...if his return gets DHam out of his slump, everything else is a BONUS. He is still a great rim protector, and he changes shots down low. No one is saying Amida is an All American. Overall this team is better with him. DHam looked much more comfortable this game. If we can get him to play like he was earlier in the year, we will start winning a ton of games. I know UCF sucks but we held them to 41 points. They scored 87 last game against Memphis.

Reaction Score
If you can't see that this team is a much better basketball team with Brimah vs without you're being willfully ignorant
Lol better no doubt but he isn't fixing our offensive deficiencies. Let's see how we look against the better teams to say we are so much better. We are a better team of course but not sure enough too get exited over an over matched ucf team. If we beat Memphis in Memphis and beat smu then I'm impressed. We look pretty much the same offensive team in most of the second half who have frustrated us all year. Glad ab is back but he isn't this magic pill that will make us a great offensive team.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
3rd, let it go. you are arguing with yourself. No one is saying all our worries are over and that we are that he will eat up Shaq.

Reaction Score
Brimah being out for awhile may actually help this team down the line. They got used to playing without him so if he gets in foul trouble it will be an easier adjustment. Hamilton looks a lot better when Brimah is in the game and not only because he has the allyoop option. He seems more confident when Amida is in the game and I think it will help him out of his slump.

Reaction Score
This is a completely different team with Brimah. He brings energy and rim protection, and DHam looks so much better when Brimah is on the court.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I think I underestimated how much he changed our game.

I underestimated him

but I figured that out two or three weeks ago :)

Reaction Score
He makes this team better just with his energy. We will be even better on D now as well.

The Bad: We only scored 7 points at the under 12 timeout in the 2nd half and this is why we are losing games. I think we had 15 turnovers.

The Good: We won by 26. Brimah is back. DHam actually shot over 50% and Jalen played his best all-around game.

Reaction Score
I don't think Brimah is the greatest player ever, but he's sorta our last hope. I am reminded of Princess Leia's message for Obi-Wan Kenobi..."You're our only hope". Aminda is not going to start putting up 20 pts a night, but he may solidify our defense. The defense has definitely improved. Hopefully with Amida we can turn it up to 11.

Spinal Tap and Star Wars reference. I've gone full nerd.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Before yesterday, UCF has averaging 75 PPG this year, with a high of 96, a low of 50, and 73 vs. SMU. UConn just held them to 41, nine full points below their previous low and 34 points below their average. Brimah may not fill up the stat sheet every game, but with the improvement of the perimeter D over the last 11 games and now plus Brimah, opponents are going to find a tough row to hoe for their own offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom