Big difference with Brimah | The Boneyard

Big difference with Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did you see Nolan go up to the hoop with nobody around him and lose the ball. Nolan is a Div 1 Defense Player and a Div 2 offense player. He does the best he can and I respect how hard he has worked but we are significantly better with Brimah

Reaction Score
Did you see Nolan go up to the hoop with nobody around him and lose the ball. Nolan is a Div 1 Defense Player and a Div 2 offense player. He does the best he can and I respect how hard he has worked but we are significantly better with Brimah
D2 is being very generous. HS intramurals.

Reaction Score
I think I underestimated how much he changed our game.
We were fine on defense when AB was out. Not sure he really helped the offense much since so many alley oops went bad. Let's see how he does against a good team.

Reaction Score
It's hard to find a player who has contributed as much to UConn ,with as little talent as Phil is gifted with.
Never thought the kid was a legit D1 player but he certainly had moments were he prove me wrong.
He saved our butts a number of times, thanks Phil

Reaction Score
DHAM was noticeably way more comfortable with him out there.
Yes, but not sure he is a cure for our problems. Yes, he helps dham and brings energy but we need to play better offense still. Our offense wasn't that pretty against a bad team. Our defense was awesome as normal. Let's see how he does against Memphis before we say he is changing our team enough to make a huge difference.

Reaction Score
We were fine on defense when AB was out. Not sure he really helped the offense much since so many alley oops went bad. Let's see how he does against a good team.
do you think AB makes the wide open layup Nolan had and looked like an 8 year old in missing?

Reaction Score
Amida looked rested, and committed little or no fouls. He seemed to become a student with high honors studying the game from the bench while injured.

UCF bigs are not that good but they certainly are formidable, and Amida not only held his own but he did not back down or shy away. Love his attitude and play today.

Now him and Miller can develop chemistry and present a frontline that can match up against anyone.

Reaction Score
do you think AB makes the wide open layup Nolan had and looked like an 8 year old in missing?
I really think Nolan should just draw charges and use up 4-5 of his fouls on poor foul shooting big men. Perhaps add a board or two and set good picks. That would be considered a good game by Phil.

He does not need to score.

Reaction Score
Not sure. All I know is that UCF isn't a good barometer to see if we are significantly better. Let's see how we play against the big and talented Memphis front line.
Not sure? Really?

I mean I get people will never give up a stance they have, but this is silly. If you do not think AB provides us more on offense than Nolan you simply just do not watch the games. Look at our offensive efficiency ratings, look at the OE ratings for AB and Nolan, it is clear we are a better offensive team with AB on the floor as opposed to Nolan.

Reaction Score
Not sure? Really?

I mean I get people will never give up a stance they have, but this is silly. If you do not think AB provides us more on offense than Nolan you simply just do not watch the games. Look at our offensive efficiency ratings, look at the OE ratings for AB and Nolan, it is clear we are a better offensive team with AB on the floor as opposed to Nolan.
All I'm saying is I'm not convinced he will make enough of a difference and not that he isn't better than PN. Obviously he brings a little bit more to our offense. Though he isn't Diamond Stone inside. I still want to see how he does agains a real front line like Memphis. Can't we wait to judge the guy on more than 1 game.

Reaction Score
All I'm saying is I'm not convinced he will make enough of a difference and not that he is better. Obviously he brings a little bit more to our offense. Though he isn't Diamond Stone inside. I still want to see how he does agains a real front line like Memphis. Can't we wait to judge the guy on more than 1 game.
So the last 2.5 years are not enough?

Reaction Score
So the last 2.5 years are not enough?
You mean all the alley-oops dunks against bad teams and his horrible play at the end of last year where he got benched in favor of PN. Nope! He can block shots and is an outlet for DHAM but he isn't this great future NBA player that some want to make his out to be. Of course I rather have him in there than PN. The best offensive big guy with actual moves is SE. Did you see that lefty hook shot? The problem he is so far behind on defense.

Reaction Score
Goodwin scored like 30 pts despite having foul trouble the entire game on Storrs. Will be a better guage for sure but it's hard to argue that AB doesn't make us a better team.

Reaction Score
UCF has an 8' big and a 300 lb big. That is absolutely a good barometer. Brimah>Nolan
I never said barometer for being better than PN. Who cares as that is a very low basis. I'm just saying improving our team enough to make the NCAA's. I'm not sold on it. It will be interesting to see how he plays against Memphis and SMU who have very talented bigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom