Big 12 Meetings | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Big 12 Meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's really all over the place there

He right. He should add a little more context though. One thing he's missing is that Boren's overall mission isn't just about athletics. He hates that the footprint of his league doesn't give his university the exposure it needs. I thought Jacobs might touch on this given the title of his article. UT draws kids from around the country. The other Big XII schools really don't and all of them would like a broader base of students applying.

Presidents make these decisions, not ADs.

Reaction Score
There are people writing and talking about UConn right now that don't have a clue.

Best thing he said.

I might add I caught some of Joe D and Gresh talking about this yesterday and talk about not having a clue.

Joe D, I mean come on man your the radio guy for the school. Step your game up. The other guy is just an oaf.

Reaction Score
I might add I caught some of Joe D and Gresh talking about this yesterday and talk about not having a clue.

Joe D, I mean come on man your the radio guy for the school. Step your game up. The other guy is just an oaf.
Brian Koonz or Lee Lewis would make a good third wheel.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Loved this column. I see a lot of Boneyard synopsis in there, particularly Matt's chart (#20 DMA if you add in FFC) and the dump on Hathaway's choice of Pasqualoni. Still, it was a reasonable, balanced column.

While I'd love for Jeff to promote UConn more, the way we see columnists in other areas doing with respective schools, you have to tip your cap to a well thought out, balanced column. Kudos, Jeff.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Loved this column. I see a lot of Boneyard synopsis in there, particularly Matt's chart (#20 DMA if you add in FFC) and the dump on Hathaway's choice of Pasqualoni. Still, it was a reasonable, balanced column.

While I'd love for Jeff to promote UConn more, the way we see columnists in other areas doing with respective schools, you have to tip your cap to a well thought out balanced, column. Kudos, Jeff.
There is little doubt that Jacobs monitors the Boneyard or at least takes the pulse of various Boneyarders' twitter feeds. More than a few columns over the years closely resemble sentiments expressed here. To many and too closely to be a coincidence, IMO.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Not an independent idea - he stole the thought from the guest:

DanWolken10:44am via Twitter for iPhone
@MarkEnnis Cincy/Memphis is the easy answer geographically, market-wise. We will see.

If geography were a factor we'd still have the Big East.

There is little doubt that Jacobs monitors the Boneyard or at least takes the pulse of various Boneyarders' twitter feeds. More than a few columns over the years closely resemble sentiments expressed here. To many and too closely to be a coincidence, IMO.

He has explicitly mentioned this site - especially when defending criticism thrown his way.

CL82

Reaction Score
He has admitted it, for which I give him credit. In my opinion, the boneyard is an effective and efficient way to take the pulse of UConn fans And is a great aggregator site for all things UConn and particularly all things conference realignment related. It would be foolish of him, or any reporter or columnist really, not to use it as a resource.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
He has admitted it, for which I give him credit. In my opinion, the boneyard is an effective and efficient way to take the pulse of UConn fans And is a great aggregator site for all things UConn and particularly all things conference realignment related. It would be foolish of him, or any reporter or columnist really, not to use it as a resource.

Took the words right off my keypad

Reaction Score
Can anyone explain to me these two things:

A. Why is it that travel/distance is brought up as a con for UConn when in fact if the Big 12 expanded with us and Cincy we would be within 18 hours of 3 schools (Cincinnati, West Virginia and Iowa State), yet it's never brought up as a con for BYU and the closet school to them is Texas Tech (20 hours away) + they're in a different time zone for cripes sake.

B. Why is Memphis football taken seriously? They barely scrape up 20k avg. that's FCS level, they have little in the way of tradition (consistent knock on us) and play in a stadium built in 1965 that is awful which will likely need to be replaced/heavily retrofitted in the near future..

Maybe I already know the answer, there's a clear double standard and consistent attempt to marginalize us everywhere but it flies in the face of common sense.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He's openly admitted on TV he reads the Boneyard.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

He's openly admitted on TV he reads the Boneyard.

I don't know if Jeff's a reliable on source on all things Jacobs.

Reaction Score
Can anyone explain to me these two things:

A. Why is it that travel/distance is brought up as a con for UConn when in fact if the Big 12 expanded with us and Cincy we would be within 18 hours of 3 schools (Cincinnati, West Virginia and Iowa State), yet it's never brought up as a con for BYU and the closet school to them is Texas Tech (20 hours away) + they're in a different time zone for cripes sake.

B. Why is Memphis football taken seriously? They barely scrape up 20k avg. that's FCS level, they have little in the way of tradition (consistent knock on us) and play in a stadium built in 1965 that is awful which will likely need to be replaced/heavily retrofitted in the near future..

Maybe I already know the answer, there's a clear double standard and consistent attempt to marginalize us everywhere but it flies in the face of common sense.

100% THIS--with one addendum to A. We're talking distance here? Really? We're already in a "conference" that qualifies us for maximum frequent flier miles: Tampa, Orlando, Dallas, Houston, Tulsa, New Orleans

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Yeah I know. I'm still waiting for his columns based on my epic threads "Remember this ?" and "Texas-isms".

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

I really wish they'd let someone like @Dooley to come on and do a segment. I can see it now.....

JoeD: we'd like to welcome Dooley to the show. He currently spends an exorbitant amount of time propping up UConn's reputation through real research and is the lead Boneyard Conference Realignment poster. So Dooley, the stage is yours.

Dooley: Thanks Joe. I'd like to start by saying you're all a bunch of morons.....

CL82

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020