Better Call Saul | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Better Call Saul

Reaction Score
Just finished watching three seasons of Ozark and season 1 episode 1 of Better Call Saul. How's this? Worth watching?

Reaction Score
So I watched 5 episodes and was about to give up, figure maybe it wasn't for me. Episode 6 was about Mike killing the two cops who killed Matt, so it seemed to finally have some kick. Haven't seen Breaking Bad yet either but these two shows are highly rated here. Should I stick with it, watch Breaking Bad instead, watch them both?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I wait until the season is done to binge the season. On s positive note, I don't remember having typed the reply, and I can't remember what you said.

God bless my ADD.
Squirrel!

You're welcome.

Reaction Score
So I watched 5 episodes and was about to give up, figure maybe it wasn't for me. Episode 6 was about Mike killing the two cops who killed Matt, so it seemed to finally have some kick. Haven't seen Breaking Bad yet either but these two shows are highly rated here. Should I stick with it, watch Breaking Bad instead, watch them both?
Watch them both. They both start kind of slow but by the middle seasons of both it's impossible to stop watching

Reaction Score
Watch them both. They both start kind of slow but by the middle seasons of both it's impossible to stop watching
Almost done with season 2 of Breaking Bad and now that Saul is in the mix, looking forward to getting back to Better Call Saul. Very good so far.

Reaction Score
I can't wait for the final season, unfortunately we will likely have to wait for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Reaction Score
The actor who plays Nacho is actually French Canadian. What? You were looking for something else
So, in reality, not Nacho, but Poutine!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
So, in reality, not Nacho, but Poutine!
There are four characters in Better call Saul that are not in Breaking Bad. Kim Wexler, Nacho Varga, Lalo Salamanca, and Howard Hamlin. What happens to them? We need to tie up those loose ends.

Reaction Score
Taking the advice here and finishing Breaking Bad before I continue with Saul. Approaching the end of season 3, just watched "Kafkaesque." I like the story but . . . Walter keeps risking everything by allowing Jesse back into the fold. The kid is a knucklehead, it makes no sense. Bringing Jesse into Gus's factory? I'll get through the show in a couple two or three weeks so we'll see but this move is so bad.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Either they were not the best in the business or they needed twice as many men to get the job done. That is a job you simply cannot mess up.
Yes. And Nacho had ample opportunity to shoot Lalo himself. Clearly, Nacho had a vested interest in ensuring Lalo's death. Now, Nacho is a target for the next season. And it doesn't bode well for him or his father.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Holy crap.

That was one of the most brutal gut punches in the entire BCS/BB universe. I remember catching on about halfway through season 1 that Howard wasn't the villian the show seemed to paint him to be, and suspected that Chuck was the one blocking Jimmy. Ever since then I've had a real soft spot for Howard, and although he could be pretentious at times, thought he was generally a good guy. RIP Howard.

Additionally, what do we think Lalo's plan is? I assumed after luring guards away from the laundry that he would've gone straight there, but he obviously is looking to use Jimmy and Kim for something. I'm interested to see how he's going to use them to try to get the proof he needs.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My first reaction was, "I guess Vince Gilligan really liked that Helen Pierce scene from Ozark."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Holy crap.
This season has been phenomenal. Can't wait to see how this plays out for Kim Even the basic stuff, what do you do with the body? Get rid of it, or if not what do you tell the police? Make it a suicide?[\ISPOILER] That's a long way down the Saul road for Kim.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This season has been phenomenal. Can't wait to see how this plays out for Kim. That's a long way down the Saul road for Kim.

Lalo's going to take care of the body I'm sure. He's not going to draw any unneeded attention to himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
WHOAH!!!!!!!!

That was my reaction.

My one complaint on this (unless there will be further prequels) is that some of the added ancillary characters have so much that could be developed by as we are close to the conclusion, they will barely scratch the surface.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The best parts of Better Call Saul have become the story lines that don't include Saul.

Reaction Score
Oh man that was wild..

My biggest question is, why Jimmy? Why not just let it go with Howard? What is the specific reason that he had to go to these lengths to do this? Bad energy, bad karma.

Man, this show is close to Breaking Bad, I don't think it'll ever catch it but it's damn close

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My wife and were thinking there were 3 shows left. Ooops.

RIP Howard

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I find it interesting that some find the show as epic as it is when the believability of the plot is a bit iffy.

So, Saul just happens to see the mediator judge out and about and sees he has a cast? AND...he and Kim were able to reshoot the photos by having the body-double guy come back and reshoot with a cast on? All in the very nick of time before the big Sandpiper meeting?

Okaaaaaay.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That sucked. I have been concerned about Kim's future. I think she may meet a similar fate.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Killing Howard feels like a plot mistake or at least a stretch the more I think about it. The cartel’s rules are no killing civilians (notice Mike getting Gus out of the school quickly, or how pissed Gus gets when someone shows up at the chicken store). Killing a high profile civilian that would immediately be connected to Jimmy/Saul seems like a violation of the show’s own rules for how the cartel behaves. Lalo would know that all the cartel’s wrath would come down on him and the Salamancas if he did something so stupid. Or are the show’s rules suddenly different, in which case nothing matters anymore?

The show should have found another way to kill Howard.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Killing Howard feels like a plot mistake or at least a stretch the more I think about it. The cartel’s rules are no killing civilians (notice Mike getting Gus out of the school quickly, or how pissed Gus gets when someone shows up at the chicken store). Killing a high profile civilian that would immediately be connected to Jimmy/Saul seems like a violation of the show’s own rules for how the cartel behaves. Lalo would know that all the cartel’s wrath would come down on him and the Salamancas if he did something so stupid. Or are the show’s rules suddenly different, in which case nothing matters anymore?

The show should have found another way to kill Howard.

Rewatching BB again. The Salamanca's don't really play by those rules

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Rewatching BB again. The Salamanca's don't really play by those rules

If there are no rules, then why doesn't Lalo walk down the street with an AK just mowing people down? Lalo is supposed to be cornered and desperate, but apparently he can do whatever he wants now. Why not just drop a nuclear bomb on Gus or cast a spell or time travel? I watch prestige TV like BCS because I don't like when random stupid stuff happens in a show.

I watched the end of the first half of Season 6 this morning, and I am getting more annoyed by it as the day wears on.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If there are no rules, then why doesn't Lalo walk down the street with an AK just mowing people down? Lalo is supposed to be cornered and desperate, but apparently he can do whatever he wants now. Why not just drop a nuclear bomb on Gus or cast a spell or time travel? I watch prestige TV like BCS because I don't like when random stupid stuff happens in a show.

I watched the end of the first half of Season 6 this morning, and I am getting more annoyed by it as the day wears on.

I think Lalo is careful about not killing people indiscriminately, but if it would benefit him to do so then he's not going to have any qualms about it. For example, if he had killed the German engineer's wife, Gus would have certainly known about it since I am sure he's tracking her and would have suspected Lalo. Killing a colleague of Jimmy's and hiding the body isn't going to get back to Gus in any way, since he just ensured that Mike's men were going to be pulled off of Jimmy's apartment, and as long as he cleans up the body there shouldn't be any trouble with the police.

I don't believe the cartel has a rule about not killing civilians, remember the twin Salamanca brothers from Breaking Bad? They killed a whole caravan crossing over the border. Their discretion is more about keeping themselves out of prison.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom