BET NYC recommendations | The Boneyard

BET NYC recommendations

Reaction Score
Good morning. I am traveling up from Atlanta for the Big East tournament next week. My brother and I were able get all access tickets and we will be taking our father for his 70th birthday. We are all UConn graduates and life long fans. We will be staying a few blocks from MSG. We are eating at Keen's Friday but don't have many other plans outside of watching a done of basketball. Can anyone recommend a couple of places for lunch? Is Legends the best UConn bar in the area? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Good morning. I am traveling up from Atlanta for the Big East tournament next week. My brother and I were able get all access tickets and we will be taking our father for his 70th birthday. We are all UConn graduates and life long fans. We will be staying a few blocks from MSG. We are eating at Keen's Friday but don't have many other plans outside of watching a done of basketball. Can anyone recommend a couple of places for lunch? Is Legends the best UConn bar in the area? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
tsurutontan - japanese/sushi
Bali Nusa Indah - Indonesian
Aces Pizza- Detroit style!

Reaction Score
The Office Pizza GIF by Danny Chang

had to do it.

But forreal for Pizza Aces, RubiRosa, Joes, Joe and Pats
Los Tacos no1 for the best tacos in the city
Honestly, you can walk around for 10 minutes and come across 10 places that will probably hit the spot depending on what you're in the mood for.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Legends is still the spot yes. Was packed last year. Manager went around with a bottle handing out free shots before the Nova game. Gameday Conor was in the house as was Tyler 2 Rings.

August_West

Reaction Score

had to do it.

Honestly, you can walk around for 10 minutes and come across 10 places that will probably hit the spot depending on what you're in the mood for.

Rubirosa is great, but downtown as is Joes. If we are going to add downtown to the equation over midtown then Ive got a million :)

Reaction Score
John’s on Bleecker?

Honestly haven’t had it in 20 years or so, but I recall it being very good, and it seems like one of those institutions that would never change.

Reaction Score
i said this on uconn twitter recently, but NY pizza suprema is one or two blocks from MSG and is one of the best slice places in all of manhattan. it can be a weird/bad area for cheap eats because it is SO touristy, but that place is really legit.

Reaction Score

had to do it.

had to be done!

Reaction Score
Rubirosa is great, but downtown as is Joes. If we are going to add downtown to the equation over midtown then Ive got a million :)
If anyone says they're coming to the city and ask for a rec I'm always going to say Rubirosa. Can't say i've had pizza similar to it outside of Joe and Pats.

In terms of close to MSG then Lions, Tigers, and Squares (Detriot Style Pizza) and Los Tacos No.1 are a 9 and 12 min walk respectively from MSG

August_West

Reaction Score
If anyone says they're coming to the city and ask for a rec I'm always going to say Rubirosa. Can't say i've had pizza similar to it outside of Joe and Pats.

In terms of close to MSG then Lions, Tigers, and Squares (Detriot Style Pizza) and Los Tacos No.1 are a 9 and 12 min walk respectively from MSG

I like Rubirosa pizza it's very very good, but I like their Chicken Parm better. :) You can get great Pizza at a million spots in city, but Rubirosa's Chicken Parm is top 5 in city probably.

I get plenty of good Pizza in New Haven, I don't go out of my way for it in NYC, except grabbing a quick slice here and there on walks. Which is the perfect between meal snack!

Reaction Score
Not a lunch place but if you need to grab breakfast, Best Bagel and Coffee is an absolute top notch NYC bagel place and is a few blocks from MSG.

Reaction Score
Are you going only to the games UConn is playing in or will be at non-UConn games?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Anyone else staying at the downtown Hilton or nearby?

Reaction Score
Tony's di Napoli, 43rd just east of Times Square

Reaction Score
Cote for Korean steakhouse; open grill, cooked in front of you, in flatiron area. Go to Eately beforehand just to see how cool the place is.
Best ramen used to be momufuku when I lived there, think it’s been shuttered since.
Absolute favorite brunch is JoJos; think it’s 59th and park but could be off by a few. One of Jean-George’s first spots and not terribly expensive. Highly recommend.
To get the real, great NY food you might have to travel a bit but below goes the best I had during the 5 years I lived there …
Adda (Indian, queens)
Lucalis (pizza, Brooklyn)
Kings County Chinese (Brooklyn)
Prince St Pizza (LES/West Village area)
Rubirosa (WV, get tie dye pie)
Xians Famous Foods (queens or downtown/China town)

Reaction Score
Also Ess-A is the best bagel in NY, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Enter from the right door, walk past the massive line getting breakfast sandwiches and go to the back right where you can get just the bagels in under 5 minutes

Reaction Score
Legends for the pregame.. have had a great time each year I’ve gone there.

Reaction Score
John’s on Bleecker?

Honestly haven’t had it in 20 years or so, but I recall it being very good, and it seems like one of those institutions that would never change.
Still good. Been there a few times in the last 5 years and will hit there again when I am in nyc in june. But it’s in the village and not in the MSG area. Plenty of good spots closer.

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
Legends is still the spot yes. Was packed last year. Manager went around with a bottle handing out free shots before the Nova game. Gameday Conor was in the house as was Tyler 2 Rings
My new office is right above Legends. Looking forward to joining the party this year. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up!

Reaction Score
All the games
That's fantastic. I have some dumb questions and maybe I might start my own thread. Anyone feel free to answer if you could provide some knowledge.

1) Where did you buy the tickets?
2) And only if you comfortable, how much did you pay for all access tickets?
3) Would it be possible to get all access tickets from Thursday-Saturday and exclude Wednesday?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Bought tickets this year on Stubhub just for the semi finals. $150. They are a bit more now.

Last year, my father got us tickets for the whole week through the school or BE for like $300. We only attended the quarter and the semi finals and sold the rest. Sold Wednesday for like $5 and sold the finals for like $175. So we got 6 games for $120.

Not sure you can buy the strip minus Wednesday, but on the sites you can buy any sessions you want.

Reaction Score
don't leave without stopping in somewhere for a pastrami sandwich. And all the bagels...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom