Best Steakhouses | The Boneyard

Best Steakhouses

Reaction Score
I recently moved to Tampa for a work rotation and made my 3rd trip to Bern’s Steakhouse in the last 11 days. It got me thinking about the best steak spots in CT.

J Gilbert’s in Glastonbury is fantastic, Capital Grille is always a good choice, etc. I also had a very good ribeye from Peppercorn Grill a few years back for Taste of Hartford. Haven’t been to Jordan’s in Mohegan.

Any other good places come to mind?

I’ve done a few in NYC too including Peter Luger’s, Keen’s, etc. All top notch.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I haven’t tried Bern’s down that way but had one hell of a steak at Charley’s... dry aged wagyu ribeye that was incredible.

Reaction Score
In CT, David Burke at Foxwoods stands out.

Best steak I ever had was at the riverfront grill in North Little Rock, Arkansas, of all places.

Reaction Score
I haven’t tried Bern’s down that way but had one hell of a steak at Charley’s... dry aged wagyu ribeye that was incredible.

Where is Charley’s located?

Love Berns. 3 times in 11 days seems like a lot.

Friends and family visiting back to back to back. All wanted to go to Bern’s and I wasn’t complaining!

I'm old, love steak and have traveled to and eaten steak in just about every major city in this country. Trust me : it is Peter Luger's and it isn't close.

Noted. Luger’s was phenomenal.

Reaction Score
I work at Del Frisco’s...worked at a few steakhouses...this one takes the cake and it’s not really close

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Besides what's already been mentioned

Ruth's Chris is Newington and Bobby Flay's at the Sun are both very good, two of my favorites

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Luger’s is the winner. Fleming’s in Orlando is good. Chart House in Tampa is good and Charlie’s in Tampa is good

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I’ll be in Anna Maria on vacation in the near future. Might keep this in mind.

On a night you're not having steak, Star Fish Co. in Cortez. If you haven't been, you won't regret it. You'll have to wait in line and the ambience is picnic table, but it's fantastic.

Reaction Score
I recently moved to Tampa for a work rotation and made my 3rd trip to Bern’s Steakhouse in the last 11 days. It got me thinking about the best steak spots in CT.

J Gilbert’s in Glastonbury is fantastic, Capital Grille is always a good choice, etc. I also had a very good ribeye from Peppercorn Grill a few years back for Taste of Hartford. Haven’t been to Jordan’s in Mohegan.

Any other good places come to mind?

I’ve done a few in NYC too including Peter Luger’s, Keen’s, etc. All top notch.

Jordan’s in Mohegan is fantastic. My favorite place, Mario’s Place, in Westport closed. But they had a pretty great NY strip. Now I tend to like ribeyes. Also, Bennett’s in Stamford was fantastic.

Reaction Score
Best steakhouses? Kirby’s in Dallas or Butcher & Singer in Philly. Or Barclay Prime, also in Philly. But Philly is the best restaurant city in th US. Hands down.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Jordan’s in Mohegan is fantastic. My favorite place, Mario’s Place, in Westport closed. But they had a pretty great NY strip. Now I tend to like ribeyes. Also, Bennett’s in Stamford was fantastic.

I always enjoyed Mario's. Great bar. But have to admit, a rare steak there had enough blood to warrant a chalk outline of the plate.

Reaction Score
On a night you're not having steak, Star Fish Co. in Cortez. If you haven't been, you won't regret it. You'll have to wait in line and the ambience is picnic table, but it's fantastic.

Sounds perfect, thank you

Reaction Score
Never been there but that might be the best review I've ever read.
I always enjoyed Mario's. Great bar. But have to admit, a rare steak there had enough blood to warrant a chalk outline of the plate.
You should be a food critic!
I love a place that’s not afraid to cook it rare. I hate when a place touts itself as a steakhouse and their rare comes out medium at best. I was in Dallas this week for work and we had dinner at some steakhouse (not Kirby’s), and the ribeye was thin and my rare was more like medium... they did have a fresh cotton candy dessert, though, which was amazing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom