Best Starting Guards in the Country | The Boneyard

Best Starting Guards in the Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Just curious which team you think has the best group of starting guards this year. Baylor is looking very strong with Johnson (last year's NCAA leader in assists per game), Jones and Prince, with Wallace coming off the bench but also a capable starter.

Reaction Score
Strange question on a UConn board where we all love Mo and Kia and think they are nonpareil.

That is not unreasonable to post. There are a lot of great starting guards in the country. Ohio State, Tennessee, South Carolina, Notre Dame, Baylor, etc..
But I agree with you. Mo and Kia are the best and they work extremely well together. And Saniya can substitute for either one well.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Besides UCONN-Duh! , I like the Texas A&M guards, very anxious to see how Jones recovers and pairs with Johnson in Baylor. Also anxious to see how the incoming ND trio pairs with Allen. For the record, Muffett's plan to move Allen to the wing is outlandish even if only occasionaly! Predict that one of the new Duke PGs will emerge and allow a healthy Greenwell to be more of a sniper instead of a primary ball handler. Not A full backcourt but I love Romero at FSU. Here game tempo management from the PG position is second only to MoJeff.

Reaction Score
That Girl can Play!

West Point was lucky family was military; she could've stayed out west and played for a Pac 12 school easily.

Ohio State's backcourt is really tough - Alston and Mitchell

Reaction Score
Baylor is not one of the teams I would consider when picking the team with the best group of starting guards. UCONN has the best group of starting guards by far. The question is, who has the second best group of starting guards? The answer is certainly NOT Baylor.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Reynolds and DeShields are pretty good.
No matter what she thinks DeShields is not and should not be a guard unless it is at the 3. That is really a wing position.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
No matter what she thinks DeShields is not and should not be a guard unless it is at the 3. That is really a wing position.
Why? she is listed as a guard.

Reaction Score
After the summer Kia Nurse had it's not a stretch to say that both she and Jefferson will make first team AA.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor is not one of the teams I would consider when picking the team with the best group of starting guards. UCONN has the best group of starting guards by far. The question is, who has the second best group of starting guards? The answer is certainly NOT Baylor.

I did not say that Baylor was the best...just trying to get a little guard talk going on to see which teams come into the conversation. Can't we all just get along?

Which would lead me to question, who do you think has the second best group of guards?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
are you counting the 3 (SF) as a guard ?

Yes, I consider the 3 to be a guard/forward position. I think that for some teams the 3 is a guard and that for other teams the 3 is a forward. I would consider Wallace form Baylor a guard and Prince a guard/forward.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I consider DeShields to be a guard. It will not be uncommon to see her in the lead guard position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom